JonBenke

4th pick in the draft

It was reported on Around The Horn, ESPN -- that Toronto is willing to listen to offers for the fourth overal pick, in this Thursday's NBA DRAFT. I have read allot about Chris Bosh, and believe he'd fit perfectly -- in Detroit. I still think Darko Millicic is more of a small forward.

Would the Pistons be interested in adding a player like Bosh, who some compare to Kevin Garnett, and what would the Pistons have to give up -- for this 4th pick?

Has anyone heard of any trade rumors, involving the Pistons?

Originally posted by JonBenke

I still think Darko Millicic is more of a small forward.

Question: What's small about a 7-footer who's only 18? He might not be done growing yet.

djhutch - great point

MotownRandy

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/chrisbosh.htm

CHRIS BOSH

Birthdate: 3/24/84

NBA Position: Power Forward

College: Georgia Tech

Class: Freshman

Ht: 6-10

Wt: 210

NBA Comparison: Tim Duncan/Kevin Garnett

Strengths: Great inside outside player. Few are blessed with his athletic prowess. Plays with a good amount of aggresiveness, but doesn't get out of control or lose his composure easily. Appears "Garnett-esque" because of his long frame and amazing fluidity. Runs the floor exceptionally well. Doesn't have the perimeter skills of Garnett, namely shooting, but appears to like playing in the post more so than Garnett and could end up filling out into more of a dominating post player. Has great ball handling skills and really can pass the ball. Has some developed post moves and an advanced offensive game for a 19 year old. Can even step out to three point land and hit a few long range shots. Understands the game well, doesn't make unnecessary moves, uses the drop step and jump hook effectively. Because of his long arms, timing, and explosiveness, he is an excellent shot blocker. The team even goes to him to bring the ball up the court at times as a point forward.

Weknesses: Still weak physically. Needs time to develop into his body. Must bulk up and add strength to handle the power of NBA players. Still has problems with consistency but that can be expected from a young player. Needs better stamina, mental toughness. He can lose focus towards the end of games.

B.Higginson

Do you think we have anything that could be offered to Toronto for that 4th pick?

Toronto seems to wanna win now, maybe you can swing a three way deal -- that lands the 4th pick in Detroit. I'd be willing to send Corliss, Chucky, Tayshaun, their 25th pick, their "beer pick" - lol, aka-their Wilwaukee(future first round)pick, and their own 1st round pick - next year. I live just outside of Atlanta -- this kid is the real deal -- Chris Bosh.

This would be "shocking the world".

Dude hell yeah I would totally do that! After hearing so much about Bosh in the last week and seeing him play I'm almost leaning towards taking him over Darko. Although that will never happen, he did work out with the Pistons and they really liked what they saw. I would definitely select him over Anthony.

Tayshaun's trade stock is high!

Chucky and Corliss are good trade bait!

The Wilwaukee pick is a good pick, as is the 25th pick - this year...

...and our first round pick - next year.

Cliff Robinson could be thrown in, I don't care!

Get me CHRIS BOSH :devious:

Detroit receives:

#4 pick

Toronto receives:

#25 pick

Future Milwaukee first

Corliss Williamson

Chucky Atkins

Tayshaun Prince

I could add more, too.

Players included for salary cap purposes.

We'd need to sign a SF, though, because Darko is NOT a SF, and wouldn't start right away next year, anyway (neither would Bosh).

Toronto had Corliss before and I doubt they'll want him back. I wouldn't mind getting Jerome Williams back though to help Ben on the boards. Maybe we can send them Chucky to get JYD back.

Originally posted by MotownRandy

Toronto had Corliss before and I doubt they'll want him back. I wouldn't mind getting Jerome Williams back though to help Ben on the boards. Maybe we can send them Chucky to get JYD back.

Espn Insider has jyd going to Seattle in a package deal that would have them swapping picks.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/135076140_sonidraft25.html

...the Toronto Raptors, who hold the No. 4 selection and have reportedly engaged in trade talks with the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls and Sonics.

KNICKS offer:

The Raptors were then interested in Knicks swingman Latrell Sprewell.

BULLS offer:

Toronto offered its first-round pick and forward Lamond Murray to the Bulls for the seventh overall pick and forward Donyell Marshall.

in a three team deal...w/SONICS

..the Bulls ended discussions with Toronto, as well as the Sonics, who were interested in Seattle native Jamal Crawford.

SONICS offer:

But, according to ESPN.com, they have begun discussions with Seattle about a deal that would involve the Sonics' Nos. 12 and 14 picks, forward Vladimir Radmanovic and possibly guard Brent Barry.

Toronto, according to the report, would be willing to part with forwards Jerome Williams and Michael Bradley.

You throw these names around, and suddenly the 25th pick, Corliss Williamson, Tayshaun Prince, and Chucky Atkins starts to look pretty good. Hell, I'd throw in Cliff Robinson, too. I don't care, just be sure the draft ends -- and with ESPN's David Aldridge talking about Darko Millicic and Chris Bosh...as Detroit Pistons!

Originally posted by MotorCityOrangeman

I saw Bosh when Georgia Tech came into the Dome this year. He's so ridiculously overrated that I want to vomit uncontrollably.

*Bingo*

With all the talk about trading up for the #4 pick and what could the pistons offer, does anyone see a "smaller" trade happening?

Something like getting the wizs #10 or even sonics #14? It seems like these are actually possibilities for a few reasons.

Wiz #10- I think it is almost a foregone conclusion that Stack stays here, which means that they would need another vet scorer in the post (Corliss) and another combo guard to come in and handle as well as score (Chucky). Not to mention the fact that Stack is familiar with both players already. I guess then, is there something worth trading for here?

Sonics #14- This looks like more of a possibility for two reasons. First, if the sonics trade up for Bosh and players like Ford and Hinrich are gone before 14 (likely) they could feel that they could get a guard at 25 that could compare well to any guards selected around #12 to #24. If they did this they would be getting a solid vet guard behind which they could groom their late 1st round selection. And, Corlis has shown that he can create matchup problems in many different ways.

Not too much of a stretch here, is it?

MotorCityOrangeman

Well, I live in Atlanta -- and saw him play all the time. He is not overrated.

cruzer1

Have you even seen him play?

Originally posted by JonBenke

Has anyone heard of any trade rumors, involving the Pistons?

Actually, rumors are starting to surface involving the pistons and raps (check any sports savy internet site - ESPN, Fox...). Most of the talk seems to center around dumping chucky, corliss, TP, and memo. Who the pistons would acquire for them is up for grabs.

Thats about it. These reports surfaced the last day or two and are pretty thin in details. I'll look for a link on it.

I don't think the Pistons would want a guy like Bosh for the same reasons the Raptors are willing to trade the pick. They want to win now. From what I've heard Bosh is a project and the biggest concern is his scoring. The Pistons need scoring help so I don't think trading for Bosh is in their best interest. Besides Darko has all the tools that Bosh have and is also a much better shooter. I think we'll be fine by taking Darko and a PG/SG at 25.

Originally posted by SolHunter

Actually, rumors are starting to surface involving the pistons and raps (check any sports savy internet site - ESPN, Fox...). Most of the talk seems to center around dumping chucky, corliss, TP, and memo. Who the pistons would acquire for them is up for grabs.

Thats about it. These reports surfaced the last day or two and are pretty thin in details. I'll look for a link on it.

Vince Carter? Would they do and and would we do it? Good question. Could we take two of their players and swap #2 for #4?

Originally posted by MotownRandy

Vince Carter? Would they do and and would we do it? Good question. Could we take two of their players and swap #2 for #4?

I hope we wouldn't do that. Essentially we would be giving up our entire future, which JoeD would not do. Memo and TP made big strides and figure to keep improving next year. And you're giving up Darko for Bosh, just so you can get VC? JoeD likes players that fit and VC looks like a younger Stack (probably a little better) who has been injury prone lately. The only players I see being shipped are Corliss and Chucky with picks. Having said that I think JoeD would trade anyone if he thinks he can make the team better.

If there is a trade rumor with Toronto...

-- Chucky, Corliss, Tayshaun, and Okur --

...the 4th pick better be coming to Detroit!

I am not saying Chris Bosh, but the PICK!!

KEY WORDS: Runs the floor exceptionally well.

I kind of think the key words are:

Still weak physically. Needs time to develop into his body. Must bulk up and add strength to handle the power of NBA players.