Johnny Mac

Lions to take Jason Smith?

I have been a big fan of Curry and I still am. However, I am a bigger fan of the Lions! Even though I am a fan of Curry, I will trust the new regime to make the right choice and if it is Stafford, so be it! I will be ecstatic regardless of who the Lions take in the draft!!

(until proven otherwise!)

Not for #1. He's got short arms, and isn't that great of a pass rusher. He's not as good as last year's top two DT's.

What if he wears arm extenders to make his arms longer?

Yeah, I've never said once that I would hate the Lions if they take Stafford. I just think its silly to take one quote out of context of an entire article and twist it to say Stafford is a given. Especially when you do it 9/10 times something is posted.

Yeah, I've never said once that I would hate the Lions if they take Stafford. I just think its silly to take one quote out of context of an entire article and twist it to say Stafford is a given. Especially when you do it 9/10 times something is posted.

Oh I will say it and I will say it again. I would hate the Lions if they take Stafford. Heck, I'll put it in my signature if you want.

I can give you a 90% guarantee that at best, Stafford will be as good as Tony Romo- good stats, but make dumb decisions and cost his team games.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are great because of their decision making, which is something Stafford lacks. Maybe, by some miracle he goes to a great team or a team that puts a lot of pieces around him- then I could see him being a very poor mans version of Big Ben.

As for Raji- he's not worth the #1 overall pick, but if we somehow manage to trade down, I'd take him.

Is it just me .. or does Cruzer think, not only does he think he knows more about football than everyone here, but that he's a bigger Lions fan as well?

I think .. at this point .. that it's pretty equal, with Stafford, Curry, Smith as the top three candidates, but no clear #1 as of now.

Is it just me .. or does Cruzer think, not only does he think he knows more about football than everyone here, but that he's a bigger Lions fan as well?

I think .. at this point .. that it's pretty equal, with Stafford, Curry, Smith as the top three candidates, but no clear #1 as of now.

i would have said that a couple days ago but I think Stafford's name is start to separate from the pack in terms of all the recent articles in the past day or two.

You are SO freakin' biased Cruz-- it's hillarious watching you respond to things.

One of the things Schwartz also said yesterday was, "just because QBs are the most important position on a team, doesn't mean they're the best position to take #1 overall"

To think, a month before the draft that it is ANYTHING but 33/33/33 (Stafford, Smith, Curry) is crazy...they haven't even talked to agents before yesterday and Stafford hasn't worked out yet. They're going to sign the player who agrees to sign before the draft for the most reasonable contract.

Curry's not even a factor. Curry's value on the field to this team is not worth either a number one pick or number one pick money.

From my short time on these boards, I think Cruzer knows more about football than most the people here. How many people here can give you a legit seven round mock draft?

i would have said that a couple days ago but I think Stafford's name is start to separate from the pack in terms of all the recent articles in the past day or two.

Barring a poor performance, or ridiculous contract demands I believe Stafford will be a Lion, probably within the first two weeks in April.

How many people here can give you a legit seven round mock draft?

No one in the world can give you a legit seven round mock draft. There is no such thing. (but yeah, cruzer knows a lot, no argument there. But that doesn't mean he's always right).

Not for #1. He's got short arms, and isn't that great of a pass rusher. He's not as good as last year's top two DT's.

He is a lock for top 5 pick. Taking him at #1 is not a reach at all.

I respect Cruz more than any other poster here (no offense gentlemen) we also disagree probably more than any other two posters. Usually, on factual or rumor based things I take Cruzer as gospel-truth before things are even reported or ironed out.

When it comes to opinion, Cruz and I have actually agreed far more than we've disagreed (which makes it awkward when we both stubbornly stick to our guns).

However wave nailed it on the head. Just because you're the top dog on the heap doesn't mean your s*** doesn't stink. Speaking as your infallible can get annoying especially when you're beating the same dead horse.

Regarding Stafford, I can honestly state that Cruz and I have probably watched more Stafford than most (if not all here) I'm a complete draft geek, I admit it. I did it before I got paid for it and now that I get paid I do much more than I'm paid for. Our opinions are polar opposites, that doesn't mean I don't respect Cruz...I just think he's a moron :cheeky: I kid, I kid.

He is a lock for top 5 pick. Taking him at #1 is not a reach at all.

Taking Raji at 1 is a reach

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

http://www.nflmockdraftaces.com/

http://newnfldraft.com/

first 3 mock drafts when you google search have him 9 at the highest

some more reliable sites

yahoo - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhVPL_Ru_ALBwTATnCnVSS9DubYF?slug=ys-mockdraftvi031709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Raji at 7

cbs - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10706885

Raji at 12

foxsports - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftCentral

Raji at 9

NFL.com - http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?campaign=ec0005&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true&id=09000d5d80f55308

Raji 10

i dont get where the top 5 lock came from, no one even has him in top 5

None of the media has him in the top 5. None of them had Whitner in the top 10 either.

Listening to media= epic failure

Coming from a guy who makes a living doing mock drafts...DON'T LISTEN TO MOCK DRAFTS Professional scouting services are a wash but even then no one knows how a player is valued except the teams drafting. Raji is the best at his position and easily a top five player.

He's being left off the top 5 in mocks because they don't see a need. Not because he isn't a top-5 player.

EDIT: It would further your argument if you looked at "player ranking" sections on those websites rather than the mock drafting section...However, he's ranked much higher than he's projected to be drafted--that might actually shatter your argument.

Coming from a guy who makes a living doing mock drafts...DON'T LISTEN TO MOCK DRAFTS Professional scouting services are a wash but even then no one knows how a player is valued except the teams drafting. Raji is the best at his position and easily a top five player.

He's being left off the top 5 in mocks because they don't see a need. Not because he isn't a top-5 player.

Im not talking if he is a top 5 player or not, he is NOT a top 5 pick lock. I dont care for what reason he falls, im just stating calling him a top 5 lock is not even close to reality.

Ah, fair enough.

He is definitely a top-5 player but perhaps would not be drafted top 5. I would be surprised to see him drop below KC, Seattle, Cinci AND Oakland so Top 10 is more realistic drafting position.

However, Stafford is in the exact same situation. His "stock" is solidified, he's around the 4th-6th best player in the draft. His "value" is entirely dependent on the team drafting him/passing on him. I would not be surprised to see BJ go top 5 and I'm surprised we haven't had him in.

Ah, fair enough.

He is definitely a top-5 player but perhaps would not be drafted top 5. I would be surprised to see him drop below KC, Seattle, Cinci AND Oakland so Top 10 is more realistic drafting position.

However, Stafford is in the exact same situation. His "stock" is solidified, he's around the 4th-6th best player in the draft. His "value" is entirely dependent on the team drafting him/passing on him. I would not be surprised to see BJ go top 5 and I'm surprised we haven't had him in.

If both are ranked similar in overall rankings, its obvious you take the QB over the DT IMO. The only way you dont take a qb is if someone is clearly better than him. And from the sounds of it, thats not Raji.

If both are ranked similar in overall rankings, its obvious you take the QB over the DT IMO. The only way you dont take a qb is if someone is clearly better than him. And from the sounds of it, thats not Raji.

Exactly, In Your Opinion, I don't mean this in anyway disrespectful but your opinion (and my opinion) isn't the one that matters. It takes ONE opinion to differ from yours...the GM in question. Is it really hard to fathom Schwartz being happy with an aged QB far past his prime and to take a dominant DT?

We all know QB is more important, I will argue that till I'm blue in the face, but that DOESN'T mean you take a QB first in the draft or at all in the draft. It is the most "locked in" position in the league. The financial ramifications of drafting one high is huge. You need to be sure he's your guy for 10 years. ANY red flag means you pass.

That's why to state anything as absolute certainly is silly.

I was just discussing that with my brother. He wants Stafford. I argued just because the Lions need a QB and you have the first pick in this years draft that you take the best QB available.

where do you get he is a top 5 lock from when NO ONE has him in top 5?

Just because Mel Kiper doesnt have him in the top 5 doesnt mean everyone needs to be narrow minded.

Just because Mel Kiper doesnt have him in the top 5 doesnt mean everyone needs to be narrow minded.

ooh great post, :dead:

Didnt even link a Mel Kiper mock draft. You are the one who says he is a top 5 pick lock and I just threw out every mock draft website I found and none had him there and you are the one with nothing other than you calling him a lock. so id say you are narrow minded considering ive seen nothing from you to back up your argument.

ooh great post, :dead:

Didnt even link a Mel Kiper mock draft. You are the one who says he is a top 5 pick lock and I just threw out every mock draft website I found and none had him there and you are the one with nothing other than you calling him a lock. so id say you are narrow minded considering ive seen nothing from you to back up your argument.

I dont go by mock drafts. Its entirely dumb to look at a mock. I look at teams, team moves and read a ton of different articles. Right now I have Raji as a lock at #4 to Sea. I dont care that they traded for Redding, Raji is still my lock for Sea.

I dont go by mock drafts. Its entirely dumb to look at a mock. I look at teams, team moves and read a ton of different articles. Right now I have Raji as a lock at #4 to Sea. I dont care that they traded for Redding, Raji is still my lock for Sea.

Its entirely dumb to look at mocks, but you are doing basically what everyone who is making a mock draft is doing :dead:

Oh I will say it and I will say it again. I would hate the Lions if they take Stafford. Heck, I'll put it in my signature if you want.

Does that mean you'll stop posting if they draft him? Because that would just put it over the top when they call his name at #1 to know that you have renounced your fandom.

I kid of course...:silly: