Vonlenska

Lions to resume Cutler talks

Correct me if i'm wrong in any of this...

Cutler has a 17-20 record. Has not been able to get the team to the playoffs, especially in 2008 when they had a 3 game lead over San Diego with only 3 games left to play. He has a career 54-37 TD-INT record and has 24 fumbles in 37 games.

Maybe i'm not seeing his GREATNESS? Or does he have those intangibles that shows he can win, he just hasn't used them yet?

It all depends on compensation. He's obviously not filled with GREATNESS yet. But he's a full-fledged, young, NFL starting QB and if the Lions could get him for a swap of picks or the #20 plus something they'd be insane not do do that.

If Cutler were in the draft somehow this year, he's a no-brainer top 5 pick, #1 overall to some. For the Lions, Curry is the only guy that I might rather have.

Cutler just threw for 4500 yards, had a completion percent of 62.3 and a very respectable 25/18 TD ratio.

Considering those numbers, that'd be the best season for a Lions QB in a LONG time.

In 07 Kitna threw for 4068, had a 63.3% completion rate, and was 18-20 (not horrible).

Maybe we can convince Denver to take Backus too since they dumped Foster on us.

In 07 Kurt Warner threw for 10 yards. Now thats probably not true because Matt was hurt??? He went to the Super Bowl last year.

But there is that line of thinking that if we stay on course and draft either Curry or L OT J Smith at 1, LB or OT at 20, DT at 33 etc, and build the team a QB will come our way.

I wish Millen would have built this team instead of WR, QB, WR, etc. But thats beating a dead horse. I don't want to make that mistake.

My source just confirmed that Ernie Sims & #20 for Cutler and their 2nd will be happening. Stay tuned.

Ouch. That one hurts but if it's true I think that cements Curry as our #1.

My source just confirmed that Ernie Sims & #20 for Cutler and their 2nd will be happening. Stay tuned.

U serious, sometimes i cant tell when u joking. I love sims as much as anyone and id do that.

U serious, sometimes i cant tell when u joking. I love sims as much as anyone and id do that.

I took it as a joke. I'd do that in a heart beat.

Just sharing what I got from a source on a Lions board that I frequent. Nobody is always right but he's been spot on a number of times in the past.

His exact words were "Lions will trade #20 and Ernie Sims to Denver for Cutler and Denver's 2nd round pick."

Just sharing what I got from a source on a Lions board that I frequent. Nobody is always right but he's been spot on a number of times in the past.

His exact words were "Lions will trade #20 and Ernie Sims to Denver for Cutler and Denver's 2nd round pick."

Interesting, you have been critical of mayhew, what would you think of this move?

And is mcs your source, i just got it.....

jeez people cant read through the lines

I got it, but its harder on a phone in the airport when u cant see all the posts when u are replying

Ouch. That one hurts but if it's true I think that cements Curry as our #1.

No it doesn't. #1 pick money on a LB would be a Millen move.

I think it would cement a LT (Either Monroe or J. Smith)

If we got Cutler and Denver's 2nd by trading Ernie Sims and the #20 It definitely cements the LT spot. Top three picks I would like to see then:

#1: LT Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith.

For the Lions', and Jay Cutler's sake I'd take Monroe, since he's more NFL ready now.

#33: MLB James Laurinitus, to roam the middle.

#48: G Duke Robinson, this would make the line killer, building the running game from the ground up.

If we got Cutler and Denver's 2nd by trading Ernie Sims and the #20 It definitely cements the LT spot. Top three picks I would like to see then:

For the Lions', and Jay Cutler's sake I'd take Monroe, since he's more NFL ready now.

#48: G Duke Robinson, this would make the line killer, building the running game from the ground up.

I agree. If this deal did go through for Cutler, that would make the most sense. I couldn't see getting Cutler and getting a second tier LT with the 2nd round pick. While our LB squad wouldn't have a good WLB, we'd be able to get a solid Mike with our 2nd or one of the 3rd round picks.

You don't build a team focused on a running game when you have Calvin Johnson.

You don't build a team focused on a running game when you have Calvin Johnson.

Yeah because you want defenses to double and triple cover Calvin because they know they aren't running the ball.

Replace Duke Robinson with Brace and call it a day.

IMO, you have to run the ball...especially in the playoffs and as Schwartz said outside in December.

That doesn't mean you neglect CJ

IMO, the Lions have exactly one commodity Denver would want - and you know who that is. Calvin. The only thing worth having, right now...

I say if Cutler's dealt, it won't be to Detroit.