slim pickens

Cory redding traded to Seattle?...

He's also going to be 25 before the season starts.

(Peria Jerry, I mean)

DLineman, not QB. To me, it would be like trading Porcello for someone who's got a couple of years left befor free agency. Both QB's would be new to the system, anyways.

I guess I should like this pick, getting an All-Pro LB for Redding and a 5th round pick. I'm not too pleased about a 33 yr old (Darby) and a 36 yr old (Jackson) being our run stoppers. But, at least there is still time to rectify that glaring weakness.

I agree it's a great trade, but what competition did it have for the #2 spot, really? Kitna for Henry?

Correct. I didn't say a lot there did I? Maybe this trade is the 3rd best move in the offseason.

1 Roy trade

2 Signing Schwartz

3 Peterson.

This trade improves our LB core a ton. And we have some guys that can fill at DT.

We helped our LB, while losing very little at DT.

DLineman, not QB. To me, it would be like trading Porcello for someone who's got a couple of years left befor free agency. Both QB's would be new to the system, anyways.

I wasn't talking about Stafford/Cutler. Just saying Jerry will be a very old rookie, and not sure I'd want to invest #20 on him.

I wonder when Seattle's front office realizes that Curry isn't going to be available at #4 and wants to trade up? Hell if I was Mayhew I'd be calling Raji for a face to face meeting and then calling Seattle back asking if they want to switch draft picks.

If we draft anyone other than Stafford, this will be a great off-season.

I take it you are hoping Pace somehow doesn't land with the Lions? :silly:

If we draft anyone other than Stafford, this will be a great off-season.

i dont agree with that at all. Stafford is getting a really bad rap, I dont think he will be the mvp or anything but I think he could be about what Cutler is now. we need a qb badly.

According to the seahawk depth chart, Peterson is a WLB not a SLB. Has he ever played SLB?

No, he's always played SLB. Leroy Hill is their WLB.

I wasn't talking about Stafford/Cutler. Just saying Jerry will be a very old rookie, and not sure I'd want to invest #20 on him.

That might affect his growth potential, but it wouldn't preclude me from drafting him. Most DT's don't last more than seven years, although some of the bigger ones like Grady do. Ziggy Hood is a comparable player to Jerry; they'll probably be neck and neck for that pick.

i dont agree with that at all. Stafford is getting a really bad rap, I dont think he will be the mvp or anything but I think he could be about what Cutler is now. we need a qb badly.

I agree, and I like his competitive fire. He seems to really relish the opportunity to come to an 0-16 team and turn things around. Certainly not someone in the mental frame of mind like a Ryan Leaf or Joey Harrington. More like a Peyton Manning mentality, although not as talented, of course.

I agree, and I like his competitive fire. He seems to really relish the opportunity to come to an 0-16 team and turn things around. Certainly not someone in the mental frame of mind like a Ryan Leaf or Joey Harrington. More like a Peyton Manning mentality, although not as talented, of course.

He's more talented than Peyton Manning.

As I see it now:

1 - Matt Stafford, QB

20 - Rey Maualuga, MLB or Ziggy Hood DT

33 - Ron Brace DT or James Laurinitis MLB

As I see it now:

1 - Matt Stafford, QB

id like that draft, probably the left column better. Im not sold on Laurinitis

lol. That post is what credibility meeting an open window looks like.

cruizer has officially nuked the fridge, jumped the shark, et al.

As I see it now:

1 - Matt Stafford, QB

Maualuga has bust written all over him.

Laurinitis at 33 would be fantastic for the Lions - he is a smart, passionate leader.

I'm not clever enough to figure out how to put 2 quotes in here and I don't want to take the time to figure it out! But, Stormin Norman, no where in this quote of Cruzer's does he limit his claim to only physical attributes nor is it implied!

There's more to "talent" at QB than having a big arm. Unless you think Jamarcus Russell is the most talented QB outside of the federal penal system.

Maualuga has bust written all over him.

Must be in invisible ink.

I never seem to have lemon juice when I need it.