slim pickens

Cory redding traded to Seattle?...

Good deal, I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks he's kind of old. He'll be 31 by the time the season rolls around. How long will he be effective for?

Good deal, I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks he's kind of old. He'll be 31 by the time the season rolls around. How long will he be effective for?

Cory Redding is going to be 29 during the season and we add a draft pick

He's been a Pro-Bowler for 3 straight seasons, he's got plenty more left in the tank as long as he stays healthy. I'd say 2-3 more very good seasons.

the article above i believe is saying we are giving up the pick not seattle so it would be Peterson for Redding and our 5th

Peterson at 31, 32, 33 or 34 is better than Corey Redding at any age.

I just hope he doesn't turn into Pat Swilling. But at least they didn't give up a potential Willie Roaf for him.

you are right, i didnt read it just the comment below it. hmm, still like the trade but that changes it a little bit. But the Lions never get anyone worth while in the 5th :dead:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/03/report_lions_deal_redding_to_s.html

Report: Lions deal Cory Redding to Seahawks for Julian Peterson

by Tom Kowalski

Saturday March 14, 2009, 12:55 PM

UPDATED at 1:04 p.m.

FoxSports.com is reporting that the deal is done -- the Detroit Lions have traded Cory Redding to the Seattle Seahawks for five-time Pro Bowl linebacker Julian Peterson. According to the report, the Lions would also send their fifth-round pick to the Seahawks.

The Lions have yet to comment and an e-mail and phone message to Redding's agent, Kennard McGuire, have not been returned.

just the m-live conformation.

you are right, i didnt read it just the comment below it. hmm, still like the trade but that changes it a little bit. But the Lions never get anyone worth while in the 5th :dead:

Lets hope that changes. Thats all we can do at this point, but things do feel differently this FA signing period than years past. Hopefully its a sign of things to come.

Alex Marvez is changing his online story at fox. So my earlier post of his story is probably not worth a darn.

My bad. Just posting what I read.

Honestly though does adding a late round pick mean alot?

Honestly though does adding a late round pick mean alot?

nope but Peterson is a better player and not much older

I don't like losing the fifth. That means just a couple of sixth rounders after the third round. And maybe a couple of comp picks.

This trade is 2nd to the Roy Williams trade. Its that good.

I agree it's a great trade, but what competition did it have for the #2 spot, really? Kitna for Henry?

I agree it's a great trade, but what competition did it have for the #2 spot, really? Kitna for Henry?

The future trade of the Lions 7th round comp pick for Cutler.

Peterson is very very good and plays hard every down. He will be a ncie addition for the Lions and missed in Seattle but Hawks do have some decent LB depth already. Losing Rocky Bernard left a hole at DT.

Is Brian Sabean the Lions GM? I wonder why they're getting so many old players.

They trade Redding who's 29 for a much better Peterson who's 31. Not really that big of a difference, especially considering Peterson is much better at LB, a position we had NOBODY at, than Redding was at DT.

Is Brian Sabean the Lions GM? I wonder why they're getting so many old players.

I disagree. These are bridge type players. Peterson's contract isn't guaranteed now, so he could get cut any year now, saving the Lions a ton of cap space. The same is the case with Henry, and Jackson is a part time player. The Lions could just draft a DT and MLB, and spend the rest of the draft on the offense if they wanted to, but that won't happen, either. They now have seven picks, before comp picks are alloted. Two ones, a two, two threes, and two sixes.

Hey. I'm not criticizing the moves, really. In fact I'm pretty pleased with this offseason so far. It just seems like they're acquiring a fair share of old players -- veterans.

No, he's got decent size, with room to add more. He moves really well, especially laterally.

He's also going to be 25 before the season starts.

(Peria Jerry, I mean)

The future trade of the Lions 7th round comp pick for Cutler.

You can't trade comp picks, it'll have to be for one of their 6ths...

that would be some tough competition for the #2 spot.