slim pickens

Lions tried to trade for Jay Cutler.....

1 more little point...I bet Stanton on NE's team in Cassells position would do just about as well. Obviously its a hypothetical, but good teams develop young QBs. You could put Joe Montana on this team and I don't think he'd succeed.

In his 2 SB runs he had 10 TDs and 3 picks. When he was smart with the ball, he won championships.

Then why isn't Big Ben smart all of the time? Why does he choose to be effective only some of the time?

My guess is his play-off games are a small enough sample size that his stats can be distorted.

But aside from all of that, the question that really isn't being answered by you is what qb, if not Cutler, should the Lions target? Do you think Stafford is a better bet? Should they wait 'til next year and hope to get Bradford or McCoy?

My point is whether or not you are enamored of Cutler isn't really the question that needs asking, IMO. The question is who is the next best option? If not Jay, then who? Another good question is what draft pick(s) would Cutler be worth?

Then why isn't Big Ben smart all of the time? Why does he choose to be effective only some of the time?

My guess is his play-off games are a small enough sample size that his stats can be distorted.

But aside from all of that, the question that really isn't being answered by you is what qb, if not Cutler, should the Lions target? Do you think Stafford is a better bet? Should they wait 'til next year and hope to get Bradford or McCoy?

My point is whether or not you are enamored of Cutler isn't really the question that needs asking, IMO. The question is who is the next best option? If not Jay, then who? Another good question is what draft pick(s) would Cutler be worth?

My main point about Roethlisberger- in the playoffs when he's smart with his throws they win, if he tries to force things it usually doesn't work out.

But to answer your question- I actually like Sanchez a little. Is he worth the #1 pick? I'm not sure.

But I know this- if we do take him, and he blows Stafford out of the water, I doubt anyone will care that he mightve been drafted too high.

A lot of people thought the Falcons were reaching when they took Ryan at third, but noone cares now.

Ryan is a lot like Sanchez- they just have "it"

I like Sanchez's quick release, intangibles, moxy, football IQ and toughness. I also like the fact that he generally dominated in college, albeit against weaker teams.

He fits the new mold of NFL QBs imo.

And to answer your second question, I'd give up pick 20 and a third- or the first overall and a 2nd or 3rd for Cutler and the Broncos first rounder.

from rotoworld brady quinn page

There is reportedly a "rumor" flying around that has the Browns sending Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler and a third-round pick.

Another has the Browns swapping Braylon Edwards for Mathias Kiwanuka, which would leave Syndric Steptoe, Donte' Stallworth, and Martin Rucker as their top three pass catchers. The Cutler-Quinn deal seems more feasible, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer says there are "no legs to either rumor."

I dont see Simms as a NFL starter

Me neither, but it doesn't stop loser from making up stupid rumors. :laugh: