slim pickens

Lions tried to trade for Jay Cutler.....

I would trade for Cutler in a heartbeat. I would give up the #1 for him or the number 20 and dallas's 3rd or something like that. Cutler is a good qb who is a rising star in this league, imo. I would MUCH rather have him than to take a chance on Stafford who has proven nothing and will take time to develop. Cutler is young and very promising...i will be adding trading for him to my prayers to win the lotto...

I think it would be better for the Lions long term to have a bad QB (Culpepper/whoever) starting this year, and then move on to our QB of the future in 2010 (by drafting a QB and sitting them this year, or making a trade like this *next* offseason). It's not like we are going to be good next year, so we might as well spend next year rebuilding and get better picks in the 010 draft.

And "moxy" is not a word. Someone's likes repeating things they hear on the tele :).

You're reaching

Kurt had 377 yards against the best D in the league, in the SB with absolutely no running game.

He made one mistake (Harrison pick) and still had his team in position to win with 2:30 remaining.

You can make excuses for Cutler- if he had a better D, if the team was healthy, if they had a running game, etc.

But its all hypothetical.

It didn't happen- period.

So in my book he's not a top 5 qb- zero playoff appearances.

How can a player be a top 5 qb and miss the playoffs??

I don't care how many "what ifs" you throw in there.

And yes, sinister porpoise, I'd take a smart game managing QB in that situation(throwing 40 times a game) ahead of Cutler.

A good gamemanager would pick apart the D with short and midrange passes to make up for the lack of running game.

Guess you'll just have to settle for Rex Grossman, a quarterback who's actually won playoff games and even played in 1 unlike Cutler. Really he isn't much better than Grossman, just played in a better offensive system with better receivers-Marshall is a top physical specimen at reciever, nothing like Grossman had. Berrian is the only good receiver Grossman has played with, Muhammed was average. But I really hope you losers fail to show any smarts and go and get Stafford, another gunslinger and pay him $70 million. I hope the Redskins sign him, Jim Zorn has more smarts that the Lions and Bears coaching staffs combined and could mold Grossman into the star he should be.

Guess you'll just have to settle for Rex Grossman, a quarterback who's actually won playoff games and even played in 1 unlike Cutler. Really he isn't much better than Grossman, just played in a better offensive system with better receivers-Marshall is a top physical specimen at reciever, nothing like Grossman had. Berrian is the only good receiver Grossman has played with, Muhammed was average. But I really hope you losers fail to show any smarts and go and get Stafford, another gunslinger and pay him $70 million. I hope the Redskins sign him, Jim Zorn has more smarts that the Lions and Bears coaching staffs combined and could mold Grossman into the star he should be.

Are you Rex Grossman?

It would be cool if everyone could stop throwing around words that have been drilled into their head by TV, but actually don't mean a whole hell of a lot, like "gunslinger"

If you want to use the word "gunslinger" at least use it in a way that has some sort of concrete meaning... like in relation to Plaxico Burress, Marvin Harrison, or Pacman Jones :-D

It's funny the Cowboys chose Kitna over Rex Grossman. I love it as a Redskins fan, because Kitna is one lame duck of a qb. 34-13 was it? Carlos Rogers striding for our final touchdown gotta love it. Grossman and Matt Ryan are my personal discoveries at the quarterback position. And Brodie Croyle but he hasn't even won a game yet lol. These quarterbacks signed over Grossman are pathetically sad. Sage Rosenfels, Dan Orlovsky, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Jon Kitna will never be up on Grossman's level just look at his career record.

It's funny the Cowboys chose Kitna over Rex Grossman. I love it as a Redskins fan, because Kitna is one lame duck of a qb. 34-13 was it? Carlos Rogers striding for our final touchdown gotta love it. Grossman and Matt Ryan are my personal discoveries at the quarterback position. And Brodie Croyle but he hasn't even won a game yet lol. These quarterbacks signed over Grossman are pathetically sad. Sage Rosenfels, Dan Orlovsky, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Jon Kitna will never be up on Grossman's level just look at his career record.

AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.......

rex_grossman.jpg

Will al-ways love...

rex-grossman-screwed.jpg

YOU!!!!

rex-grossman-fumble.jpg

I will always love you, Rex.

/johnny5wide, bff

rex+grossman.jpg

Sage Rosenfels just blew a game against the Colts that the Texans had clearly won, Grossman has never blown a lead in the 4th quarter. He even threw 6 tds and 10 pics last season and the Vikings throw money at some guy named after a spice that we drafted in the 4th round back in 2001 lol and it truly is sad the Vikings didn't go after Grossman. What a stupid football team

So why did Grossman lose his starting job multiple times to Kyle Orton?

Do you seriously not realize that Rex Grossman's stats are way overblown because of the system he was playing in?

Bears fans are as dumb as the Bears and their coaching staff. Grossman had two good players on offense and the Bears decided to trade one of them away in Thomas Jones and although it only affected Orton they didn't resign Berrian so now they have a good running back in Forte and a developing receiver in Hester. Believe me if Grossman and Calvin Johnson were together it would change the Detroit Lions losing culture. I like the running back you go Kevin Smith, now if you used those picks in the draft for offensive and defensive lineman you'd be in contention for the divsion if you can believe that.

you all idiots need to hire me as your gm i actually have a clue. Daunte Culpepper? LOL please.... That guy hasn't ran anywhere since 2004.

Can we ban this troll now?

Bears fans are as dumb as the Bears and their coaching staff. Grossman had two good players on offense and the Bears decided to trade one of them away in Thomas Jones and although it only affected Orton they didn't resign Berrian so now they have a good running back in Forte and a developing receiver in Hester. Believe me if Grossman and Calvin Johnson were together it would change the Detroit Lions losing culture. I like the running back you go Kevin Smith, now if you used those picks in the draft for offensive and defensive lineman you'd be in contention for the divsion if you can believe that.

Wait, are you drunk?

you all idiots need to hire me as your gm i actually have a clue. Daunte Culpepper? LOL please.... That guy hasn't ran anywhere since 2004.

You all idiots......yeah, how about you try to write something down that doesn't sound that stupid, before calling everyone else idiots.......

No, the NFC North sucks. The Vikings just traded for Sage Rosenfels enough said. Well the Packers look like a clear favorite to bounce back and win the division, but the Lions could have a chance if they added a quarterback who knows how to win 15-4 in 2006, 15-4. Imagine that.

To tell you the truth, You're even lucky to have the opportunity to add Grossman to your crap franchise. lol that was funny

No, the NFC North sucks. The Vikings just traded for Sage Rosenfels enough said. Well the Packers look like a clear favorite to bounce back and win the division, but the Lions could have a chance if they added a quarterback who knows how to win 15-4 in 2006, 15-4. Imagine that.

I don't think Rex Grossman has ever won a game 15-4. Although I definitely could see him getting sacked twice for safeties.

Well, if you don't sign Grossman the Lions are as dumb as ever.

Is anyone even looking at Grossman?

Is anyone even looking at Grossman?

Oh I know one guy who is looking at him....and drooling (even more than usual).