AlKalineIsGod

What team do you least want the Wings to open the playoffs with?

I vote Anaheim......Lots of rugged and borderline "Cheap Hitters" West Coast Traveling, JSG could get hot and The Wings have had trouble with the Ducks in the past on the first round.

Thoughts?

I misread your title at first and missed the least part. I thought, "the Ducks are probably who I'd least want to play!" But I agree with you, they're cheap/dirty and are a team that I could see surprising someone in the first round. I don't want Pronger smashing Wings' heads into the boards.

I'd rather not see San Jose, Calgary, and Dallas in the playoffs as well. Dallas is the only team out of those we'd have any chance of seeing in the first round though. Otherwise... bring on the Western Conference!

The Wings don't have to worry about Anaheim, because the ducklings aren't going to make the playoffs. The Stars would be a difficult match-up for the Wings in round 1.

I really don't want the Wings to play the Canucks in the first round. I think the Wings would win the series, but the local hype thanks to Luongo & Sundin and having missed last year, would be over the top. And when the Canucks win a playoff game, the fans take to the streets and cars honk until 2am - that would be hard to take.

I agree with Vancouver, but for some different reasons than you mentioned lordstanley.

- Every game we've played against the Canucks has been either a win or loss by only one goal.

- They've beaten us twice out of four times, once at the Joe & once on their ice.

- Luongo.....because he's effing Luongo.

I agree with Vancouver and Anaheim, unless we some how got a heavy hitter (like thats his main focus not a player like Dats hitting everyone) then i'd say bring em all on

Anaheim.

For whatever reason the Wings always make it really hard on themselves against the Ducks.

The team I'd most like the Wings to play in the 1st round of the playoffs is the Islanders, but I don't think that's possible.

If the Wings play motivated hockey, i don't give two ***** about any team ... Wings can't ... CAN'T be beat, if they play to their abilities.

That's fact.

Columbus.

They have had problems with them.....and its one of those series I can see the Wings outplaying them - and then getting shut down by the goalie.

That was my first thought...they always make it tough to win..I hate the west coast match up because of the travel..

The team I'd most like the Wings to play in the 1st round of the playoffs is the Islanders, but I don't think that's possible.

You a big Islanders fan?

You'll be able to see them up close soon when they move to Seattle in 2 - 3 years.

I hate being in the Western Conference so much. The traveling really takes its toll on us. If we were in the East, we'd be so dominant every year. To answer your question, Columbus.

Calgary certainly won't be a WING first round opponent, but I think if they were, they could give the Wings alot of trouble. Their acquisition of C Joakinin makes them stronger. As for the first round, I don't like Nashville ( and not only because of the 8-0 drubbing the Wings took a few days ago).

It would be the dreaded Too-Too whistle.

My only advice to Tootoo would be to ask the fans to please stop with it.

Forgive me for this for The Too-toot whistle is truly aggravating. In fact I can't think of anything quite as annoying, except for maybe someone's finger nails going down a chalk board when one has a hangover. But, could anyone publish a remake of the disgusting sound of 2-toots whistle, or possibly even the real thing, if such a thing really exists? This is just so we can prepare ourselves in the event the awful sound again resonates during a first round playoff match and we can prepare ourselves in advance for the ridiculous Nashville fans and their annoying whistle, apparently in tribute to their favorite player? Build up somesort of anti-bodies perhaps?

Anaheim is the team I least want in the 1st round, so fortunately victories by St.Louis and Nashville tonight knocked the Ducks down a bit. Nashville is in 7th with 82 pts and would be the team Detroit would face if the playoffs started today - I'd be fine with that matchup. Edmonton and St.Louis are in a dead heat for 8th, each with 81 points and 36 wins and 7 games left each. Anaheim is a point back in 10th. Dallas is all but mathematically eliminated, 6 points out and 4 teams to pass with 7 to play.

currently

the central has 5 playoff teams

the pacific has 1 playoff team

this difference in schedule makes me a little less scared of the sharks

Columbus would be worst.case.scenario. If you ask me.

Ditto. They've given the Wings fits all season and Mason is a goalie who can steal a series for his team.

With the Ducks seemingly on their way to a victory in San Jose tonight, with a 2-goal lead more than halfway through the 3rd period, our best hope for avoiding them might be for Anaheim to catch Columbus for 6th. I'd take Columbus - little travel, team with no playoff experience, probably just happy to be there.

Preds and Ducks. Why the Wings continue to struggle with the preds in beyond me. With games like today though, there are not many teams I feel good about the Wings playing. Their defensive let downs always end up in the back of the net.