Shinma

Atdhe.net NHL streams (and more) = dead.

Some blogger thought he would be a smart guy and twitter the fact that atdhe.net HE streamed live nhl games. In actuality, he was re-hosting the free streams from atdhe.net with his own ad driven banner traffic above the game. Of course NHL laid the smack down on him and of course he rolled over on atdhe.net because that was the actual source of the streams. Atdhe.net is dead for NHL and soon to be MLB as well. When most of the streaming community said "WTF mate?" He said "I'm not responsible for the content and it's not my fault. I just wanted more people to know about it."

Well, congratulations. More people know about it, including the NHL, MLB, NFL, and NBA. Your greediness killed it for I don't know how many other people.

Stupid people, I swear. :hurt:

That sucks but it's not the least bit surprising. We've seen similar things happen with other streaming sites. I've warned people a couple of times on this site to keep it on the down the low and not to be so public about sharing links. Some people just don't seem to get the hazy legality that surrounds streaming. It's a giant cat & mouse game and all it takes is one link falling into the hands of the wrong person for cease & desist letters to begin.

Interested to see how MLB handles it this season as the entire streaming community has evolved considerably since last baseball season.

Damn. That was nightly watching for me. I don't tell anybody about free streaming, let alone post it on a public message board.

Yeah I noticed all the NHL games weren't on there a few nights ago & figured something like this happened. Also, the page on Justin.tv where all, or most of the Pistons & Wings games were streamed hasn't shown games for a while.

Every so often, I'll be away from a radio and TV, and I'll listen to the stream provided through the Wings' website.

If you check the home page right now, you'll see a box in the upper right-hand corner that says "Next Game". Under the two team logos, you see TV and radio info. "97.1" is a link that brings up the "NHL Game Radio" stream.

Hope that helps.

well, I have to man up and say, I have posted the link a few times........board don't lie.. but what a complete azz for what he did..Atdhe had a real nice stream..crap! so much for watching the Wings now....

I rarely watched the online streams, usually just listened to Ken & Paul if game not on TV, or watched on my big screen TV one of the 2 or 3 non-Wings NHL games that usually are televised each night here in Canada. But NHL should smarten up and stop charging $30 per month at its official site. You can get twice as many games on MLB.com for $15 per month. If you could buy an online pass to any one team so I could get all Wings games for $10 per month from NHL.com, don't even give me the non-Wings games, I'd pay it in a heartbeat and consider it good value.

Bummer, that was a staple for me.

First justin.tv, now this. Just have to wait for the next one to pop up I guess.

I wish someone in the Detroit area would be willing to stream all the games to an invite-only group for something like $30 per calendar year. Anyone??

Justin.tv was served the same cease and desist that atdhe.net did. I'll try to find something for upcoming games.

Channelsurfing is usually poor quality and now that both justin.tv and atdhe.net are done with NHL games, this is one fairly popular free stream. Its going to get hammered. I will look for additional resources, but I guess it will work, for now.

gotcha, i don't watch streams as i have center ice, so i wasn't sure. i'll ask some of my friends if they have some hidden streams as well.

gotcha, i don't watch streams as i have center ice, so i wasn't sure. i'll ask some of my friends if they have some hidden streams as well.

I have CI at home as well. I usually only stream from work.

I've gotten viruses from channelsurfing.com before. use with caution.

wow i had no idea, i'll remove the link then, i hope this didn't happen to anyone.

well, I have to man up and say, I have posted the link a few times........board don't lie.. but what a complete azz for what he did..Atdhe had a real nice stream..crap! so much for watching the Wings now....

Yeah, I so have I, but what this guy was doing was a little different. He was taking them from there & putting them on his own blog saying they were his feeds, or at least that's what it sounds like he was doing.

Yeah, I so have I, but what this guy was doing was a little different. He was taking them from there & putting them on his own blog saying they were his feeds, or at least that's what it sounds like he was doing.

Thats exactly what he was doing. With ads that were generating him money.

Yeah, so that's just total BS. It's one thing to throw a link to the direct page on here for those that are out of the area or not in front of a TV & want to watch the game, and it's another to pull a move like this guy.

Looks like they're still showing some games. The Wild/Flames game is streaming as is the Penguins/Blackhawks. The Wings game is listed, but it's not connecting. The other site has it, though.