hueytaxi

SPRING TRAINING Photo Thread

I assume the short Asian is the translator. Whose the other players with Ni?

Bonine is on the right, and I think the guy in the middle is Miner, but I'm not sure.

By the way, a little help please?.....: the only pitcher I haven't identified yet is Kyle Bloom. Anybody seen him?

Jim Leyland, always ready with a warm and happy smile for everyone!

In my experience,he's usually pretty amiable & loose down there.Of course,things may be a little different this year.

Bonine is on the right, and I think the guy in the middle is Miner, but I'm not sure.

By the way, a little help please?.....: the only pitcher I haven't identified yet is Kyle Bloom. Anybody seen him?

I've struggled with the guy in the middle, but after looking at pictures on other sites, that has to be Lyon. So that pic is the interpreter, Ni, Lyon and Bonine...

I haven't seen one pic of Bloom yet, either..

Fernando was very nice and talked even though he didn't say today. He said he would tomorrow. Besides talking to Fernando, I talked to Justin, Eddie Bonine, Will Rymes, Nat Robertson, Jeremy Bonderman, Jeff Fraiser, Mike Royas, Casper Wells, Jeff Kunkle, Zoomie, and Max St Pierre at length. Hugs from Mike Royas, Jeff and Max.

Jim Leyland was talking and signing but I got out of the way to let others get in there for that.

Zoomie and Bonderman did look to be in pretty good shape today. Actually most of the guys did but can't the same for the trainers.

Zoomie and Bonderman did look to be in pretty good shape today. Actually most of the guys did but can't the same for the trainers.

I always got a chuckle out of the trainers. Reminded of the saying "Never trust a skinny chef". "Never trust an out of shape trainer". :classic: I'm sure their great trainers, just kinda funny.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Zumaya's beard disturbs me.

He spent the winter making heaters with his brethren.

Roger - - many thanks for posting all the pics.

Zumaya can grow the longest beard in history as long as he performs solidly out of the bullpen.

Whose the little guy next to Rincon and whose the guy with his veins showing in his arms while carrying the bat?

These are great, I heard theres some rain down in Florida today.

Whose the little guy next to Rincon and whose the guy with his veins showing in his arms while carrying the bat?

I think that's Figaro next to Rincon and Wilkin Ramirez is the guy with the veins.

I think that's Figaro next to Rincon and Wilkin Ramirez is the guy with the veins.

Really? I thought it was Dolsi. Also, both of the guys in that picture holding bats have veins showing. I don't know who the white dude is, but Wilken is built.

Really? I thought it was Dolsi. Also, both of the guys in that picture holding bats have veins showing. I don't know who the white dude is, but Wilken is built.

Could be Dolsi....I was taking more of a guess, I get the two of them confused periodically.

He asked about the guy carrying the bat.....that's Wilkin. The other guy is carrying bats, plural. That and the fact that I have no clue who the white guy is. :classic: Wilkin looks huge, another guy that looked enormous this year was Dusty Ryan. Not so much veins sticking out, just a really big dude.

Could be Dolsi....I was taking more of a guess, I get the two of them confused periodically.

He asked about the guy carrying the bat.....that's Wilkin. The other guy is carrying bats, plural. That and the fact that I have no clue who the white guy is. :classic: Wilkin looks huge, another guy that looked enormous this year was Dusty Ryan. Not so much veins sticking out, just a really big dude.

That was definitely Wilkin. Hs said hello going out to practice. He has bulked up as has Dusty.

it was raining when we left the field.

Really? hasn't rained a drop at my house. Man I hate working on the weekend, I may be out there tomorrow, if I'm there I'll have my nieces with me.

Really? hasn't rained a drop at my house. Man I hate working on the weekend, I may be out there tomorrow, if I'm there I'll have my nieces with me.
Between 10-10:15 they go to the back fields until about Noon. Then the pitchers toss across from the fan area and work on agility until about 12:30. A few position players will remain on infield practice and be the last off the field. Drinks and dogs available.

There was some BP inside the stadium at one point as two balls bounced off of the training cage roof into the parking lot.

Great stuff Rog. It's great to know that baseball season is right around the corner.

I trust DDs judgment when it comes to players, but as of now, shirts are another story. Maybe he always wanted to play for the 1980's Astros...

Zumaya can grow the longest beard in history as long as he performs solidly out of the bullpen.

I read somewhere that he put on some weight during the offseason. That must be some pretty heavy facial hair!