hueytaxi

SPRING TRAINING Photo Thread

Beautiful day for baseball, warm and not too crowded today. A lot of old friends around.

The dorms are occupied by a camp so few minor leaguers are here yet. Mini camp for them later next week.

3279682660_7dc511ea3a.jpg?v=0

3279676564_d8d0324802.jpg?v=0

3279677644_0512c17d3b.jpg?v=0

3278857273_f506ec438e.jpg?v=0

3279681210_bde19dd245.jpg?v=0

3278850127_e5236b40c7.jpg?v=0

3279669136_6e9558c26a.jpg?v=0

Slide show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hueytaxi/sets/72157613804110370/show/

Photo link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hueytaxi/sets/72157613804110370/detail/

For some that remember, when Jason Beck and I shared disagreement over some of his headlines.......that was resolved on nice terms. I met Jason finally today and it was nice to talk face to face. Found the Detroit press budget is tight as two of the major journalists and one of the photographers are sharing a condo this season instead of the normal personal lodging.

What a great day at the fields today. It was nice to have a moron reunion to start the year off. If I counted correctly, there were at least 6 of us out there, but there may have been more that I just didn't see. The first day oif Spring Training is always a great day.

What a great day at the fields today. It was nice to have a moron reunion to start the year off. If I counted correctly, there were at least 6 of us out there, but there may have been more that I just didn't see. The first day oif Spring Training is always a great day.

Hmm...I think spring training needs to start later in the day lol.

Hmm...I think spring training needs to start later in the day lol.
I was out of bed by 8:20. Don't tell anybody.

Thanks Huey!

It may have been mentioned before, but Bonderman looks a lot thinner than I remember him being before. How might this impact his pitching? Is this a plus, a minus or nothing at all?

I didn't notice it in his tee, but in a jersey he does look thinner. I think Zumaya may have toned up a little also.

It's still in the high 70's tonight and I'm chilled as my arms and face got sunburned today. Never even thought about sunscreen and with my new hat i thought my face would be in the shade. Got through the day ( about 4 hrs), but it sure sapped my limited energy. I'll be back later tomorrow.

3278857001_382dfa215a.jpg?v=0

Is the tall Asian one Ni?

I assume the short Asian is the translator. Whose the other players with Ni?

I think it's Max St. Pierre and Macay McBride....no?
Definitely no. McBride left the field with Bonderman.