nd1377

Lions Free Agent Watch

If Alexander--who played CB in high school and college--is the odd man out, he'll be the dime back. Both Alexander and Hood are better pure athletes than Smith and both Alexander and Hood can also back up the nickle position (as well as another position)

Smith is the odd man out if Hood signs. They wouldn't even be looking at Hood if they had the faith in Smith you and Killer do.

I'm sorry, you're not correct. Alexander is a safety, not a corner in the NFL.

I'm sorry, you're not correct. Alexander is a safety, not a corner in the NFL.

You're right. However, I suspect they'll be scratching their head for options once they get into camp and find out that Henry is too slow to play corner on a team that doesn't play zone 90% of the time. Alexander flipping spots with Henry moving to safety may end up being an option.

Here's my two cents...I'll have to admit that I haven't seen a whole lot of film on Henry...seeing as how I dislike the Cowgirls...but this is how I'd rate our CBs.

Buchannon

Smith (he's shown flashes, but needs to put it all together)

Henry

Alexander

King

Robertson

If we signed Hood, he'd slip between Henry and Alexander

Here's my two cents...I'll have to admit that I haven't seen a whole lot of film on Henry...seeing as how I dislike the Cowgirls...but this is how I'd rate our CBs.

Buchannon

Henry

Alexander

King

Robertson

Where is everyone getting Alexander as a CB? Did I miss something this off season?

Buchannon

Henry

Alexander

King

Robertson

I'd agree with most of this, if Smith plays to his potential. Like you said he still has to put it together and be consistent. Let's hope the coaching staff has been holding him back and its not just an issue of lapses in his game.

I'd actually put Hood ahead of Henry, because I'm not really sold on him.

I still think Alexander will remain a safety(for now) unless Delmas takes training camp/pre-season by storm.

Also, I think you're thinking of Ramzee Robinson, he definitely has potential to make an impact in the future, we'll have to see what happens.

Buchannon

Smith

Henry

Alexander

King

Robertson

Where is everyone getting Alexander as a CB? Did I miss something this off season?

GuitarGod: I would have the exact same list but flip King and Smith. Smith showed flashes a few years ago and we're all just assuming he's gotten better. If not, remember he was only good enough to show flashes for a very bad defensive team. He shouldn't be annointed starter at this point.

Higginson: No one is suggesting he is IS a CB. Rather, he could be a CB because he played as one his entire life until drafted by the Lions.

Also, I think you're thinking of Ramzee Robinson, he definitely has potential to make an impact in the future, we'll have to see what happens.

This is true, my mistake.

As to whoever said he wasn't a CB, as someone pointed out, he played CB/S in college. He was strong in zone coverage and had some ball skills so that's why he was placed at safety under the Tampa 2. However, he has a lot of expirience playing CB and is big enough to step up and stop the run which is a very good thing if we run the 3-3-5 defense.