nd1377

Lions Free Agent Watch

Why would Haynesworth want to play for the Lions? He can get just as much money playing for a good team than for the Lions.

Jim Schwartz was his defensive coordinator. That's about the only reason he'd come here.

Why would Haynesworth want to play for the Lions? He can get just as much money playing for a good team than for the Lions.

He can play for one of the best owners of all time, Mr. Ford.

How about Haynsworth could be one of the main reasons the Lions finally turn the orginization around and be loved by millions ? and oh yeah payed millions :classic:

I would love Haynsworth as an anchor on the line! I just read or heard on ESPN that Haynsworth has laid out a criteria of:

1.) SE Team

2.) $$$

3.) winning record

hmmmm....

I would love Haynsworth as an anchor on the line! I just read or heard on ESPN that Haynsworth has laid out a criteria of:

1.) SE Team

2.) $$$

3.) winning record

hmmmm....

I heard that too and Tampa Bay seems to be the team. I can't believe $$$ would be important to him. Most if not all play for the love of the game and would play for free.

I heard that too and Tampa Bay seems to be the team. I can't believe $$$ would be important to him. Most if not all play for the love of the game and would play for free.

Tell me you are joking ? Know one would play for free and alot who are playing really don't love the game. He is not unlike anyone else as humans you want what will make you happy if all year round warm nice weather and a really good chance at the superbowl is what he wants it would take alot of something like money to make those things less of a need.

Ok im trying to face the fact we as Lions fan's have no chance at seeing Haynsworth in a Lion uniform !!! BUT IT'S SO HARD :dead:

Dunta Robinson, Leroy Hill, and Bo Scaife were all tagged today. They were thought to be possible Lion FA targets but there's no way the Lions will give up 2 first rounders to sign any of them.

Dunta Robinson, Leroy Hill, and Bo Scaife were all tagged today. They were thought to be possible Lion FA targets but there's no way the Lions will give up 2 first rounders to sign any of them.

Poop!

Dunta Robinson would have been a nice signing... I wonder who they'll target to shore up the secondary (if anyone).

Just heard on Colin Cowherd's The Herd, that the Lions and Buc's are the leading teams for Albert Haynsworth...... this according to one of the national experts.... sorry, don't recall his name... wasn't the goofy looking guy with glasses that we always see!

Poop!

Dunta Robinson would have been a nice signing... I wonder who they'll target to shore up the secondary (if anyone).

Bryant McFadden

I was hoping for Hill at outside linebacker - guess Boley will be available.

It looks like the Colts are going to release Marvin Harrison shortly. Given his recent problems with the law, do you think we should consider signing him as a legit #2 WR?

Ugh on the Peterman signing ... If the Lions acquired an NFL calibur defensive tackle or two, that would be a good start before camp.

Haynesworth would require for AT LEAST 11 million a year. I think he is worth it but there are just so many holes to fill. To get him would be the best thing to happen to Lenon's career and to the secondary.

Haynesworth would require for AT LEAST 11 million a year. I think he is worth it but there are just so many holes to fill. To get him would be the best thing to happen to Lenon's career and to the secondary.

Lenon is a UFA. Hopefully we don't resign him. I still want to beat the coach(es) down that made the decision to cut Buster Davis and keep him. Moron.

Its all about the money, even at 27 years old you need to get as much up front guaranteed money as possible. He is going to sign a 5-7 year deal and get cut by year 4 while possibly ruining his body for life in the process. Get paid while you can.

Its funny fans demands loyalty from NFL players but how often does the organization show loyalty to the player? Yeah yeah yeah they get paid millions but they rarely finish out their contract and are cut for cap reasons.

Its funny fans demands loyalty from NFL players but how often does the organization show loyalty to the player? Yeah yeah yeah they get paid millions but they rarely finish out their contract and are cut for cap reasons.

I agree. Look at Fred Taylor and Chris McAllister. They played and performed for their teams and after 10+ years and now look at them. I think they were even willing to redo their contracts.

Lenon is a UFA. Hopefully we don't resign him. I still want to beat the coach(es) down that made the decision to cut Buster Davis and keep him. Moron.

That's where Maualuga comes into play. I know same fans aren't high on him but the guy is a beast and plays with an attitude. I know most of you compare him to Claiborn but he doesn't play like that. He plays more like Lofa Tatupu who turned out to be pretty good in Seatle. The D needs an attitude. I live in the LA area and Cushing might even be a better player than Rey.

The Lions have a lot of cap room this year and 2010 looks like it will be uncapped so I'm not really worried about the Peterman signing

You can say that again chief! If I have see Paris Lenon start 1 more game at MLB I might lose it... god he sucks.

Cutting Buster Davis to keep the 12th D-Lineman will always make me shake my head as well.

Gibril Wilson was cut by the Raiders because he wouldn't accept a smaller roster bonus. He's one of the best safeties in the league in stopping the run, and should be looked at by the Lions.

Bucs cut Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard and Warrick Dunn. Wonder if we look at any of them. All are older but might not be bad stop gaps at the right price.

Sweet! More Bucs!

lol, but Derrick Brooks I think could have a couple years left. We need so much in the draft, sign him maybe for a short term so we can draft other needs and take a LB in next years draft.

Bucs cut Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard and Warrick Dunn. Wonder if we look at any of them. All are older but might not be bad stop gaps at the right price.

Too bad it's not 2003 anymore.

Unless there was no interest at all on the open market, I doubt Derrick Brooks would be interested in finishing out with a non-T2 team that went 0-16 last year.