nd1377

Lions Free Agent Watch

Sporting News Today

Open the link and go to page 30. It's the NFL free agent watch.

A few players are listed that they claim the Lions are interested in.

From Sporting News Today:

Albert Haynesworth - Lions interested if Titans don't re-sign him

Michael Boley - Lions are expected to go after him

Dunta Robinson - Lions are an interested outside party

If the Lions can some how sign these three, they may be able to field something that resembles a team next season.

They're getting that info from Kowalski's recent articles, in which he was strictly speculating. Boley makes no sense to me, he's not big enough.

I liked Boley last year as an RFA but felt he wasn't worth the 1st & 3rd tender. He then went out and by all accounts played very poorly last season for the Falcons.

I agree with Cruz and don't see how this undersized guy is going to be able to make plays with such a poor interior line in front of him. He won't get much help keeping guards, centers, and fullbacks from blocking him out of plays. We saw that happen to Ernie Sims last season and he's a better player than Boley.

I agree with Cruz and don't see how this undersized guy is going to be able to make plays with such a poor interior line in front of him. He won't get much keeping guards, centers, and fullbacks from blocking him out of plays. We saw that happen to Ernie Sims last season and he's a better player than Boley.

I know I am dreaming a little, but if the Lions can sign Haynesworth, wouldn't that help this problem?

I know I am dreaming a little, but if the Lions can sign Haynesworth, wouldn't that help this problem?

Absolutely

I don't see the Lions being able to land him but maybe they'll surprise me. They've got the money to put a ton of pressure on the Titans, Bucs or any other suitor.

Haynsworth = Big Baby II !

In saying that, I might still sign him if I don't have to break the bank for him! Otherwise, I figure a way to get BJ and Brace in the Draft!

I don't mind the Lions signing 1 FA, & Haynesworth would be at the top of my list, but I hope this isn't the way they're planning to build a team.

I don't mind the Lions signing 1 FA, & Haynesworth would be at the top of my list, but I hope this isn't the way they're planning to build a team.

Like the draft, the Lions need to do a lot better at FA. They aren't planning on building through FA, but they can't ignore it, either. They need a lot of help.

Like the draft, the Lions need to do a lot better at FA. They aren't planning on building through FA, but they can't ignore it, either. They need a lot of help.

Right you are sir! The cupboards are bare and they need to utilize both FA and the draft to get back to even halfway decent. Build through the draft but landing a decent FA class to fill in the gaps will be imperative.

I'm hoping they can land (or at least talk to/go after) 2-3 of the following:

TE-Bo Scaife

WR-Devery Henderson / Nate Washington / Reggie Williams (Cheapest option)

CB-Dunta Robinson

RB-JJ Arrington

LB-Channing Crowder

DT- Rocky Bernard / Jovan Haye (Haynesworth would be nice, but at what cost?)

Don't forget about Larry Foote. Rumors claim that he actually wants to play for the Lions. If he gets cut by the Steelers, the Lions should try to sign him ASAP.

Give Me...

Jason Brown

Tank Johnson

Bryant McFadden

Chris Carr

Nate Washington

Angelo Crowell

That would make for a good free agency...some risks but we have the cap space to take the chance for a year or two.

Right you are sir! The cupboards are bare and they need to utilize both FA and the draft to get back to even halfway decent. Build through the draft but landing a decent FA class to fill in the gaps will be imperative.

I'm hoping they can land (or at least talk to/go after) 2-3 of the following:

TE-Bo Scaife

WR-Devery Henderson / Nate Washington / Reggie Williams (Cheapest option)

CB-Dunta Robinson

RB-JJ Arrington

LB-Channing Crowder

DT- Rocky Bernard / Jovan Haye (Haynesworth would be nice, but at what cost?)

At any cost, especially over the other two. They need size badly inside, and Haynesworth fits the bill to a t. The Lions have plenty of money available under the cap, so money shouldn't be an excuse.

Give Me...

Jason Brown

Tank Johnson

Bryant McFadden

Chris Carr

Nate Washington

Angelo Crowell

That would make for a good free agency...some risks but we have the cap space to take the chance for a year or two.

Good call on Tank Johnson... forgot about that guy.

If Tank is too much trouble for Dallas, then he's too much trouble here.

Meh... perhaps. IMHO the lions may to have to consider looking at players with some baggage (don't get me wrong, Im not going to be advocating an Adom Jone signing or anything like that). I mean an 0-16 franchise isn't the most desirable destination for a player. The only reason Haynesworth's name is being thrown around is the obvious connection with Schwartz.

As far as Haynesworth goes, I think we agree for the most part. Signing him would be one of the best things the Lions could do this off-season. He would provide a much needed physical presence and create havoc in the trenches. That being said I just don't think its likely. He wants to stay in Tenessee, the Titans want to re-sign him and have the money to get it done. I would be surprised if the Lions could pull it off... I hope I'm wrong.

If Tank is too much trouble for Dallas, then he's too much trouble here.

Look at the company he's around in Dallas, he's had his run-ins and you put him in a room full of thugs like Dallas' locker room of course he's going to continue down that path.

I think if you bring him in with a no BS DC like Gun you'll see a difference. Look at Haynsworth 2 or 3 years ago, he literally stomped on that guys head after the play and now everyone wants him.

Bring in Tank, sign him for 2 or 3 years and have his contract include him staying clean or he gets the boot. I think he could be had for a few mill a year...with his talent, it's worth it IMO.

Don't forget about Larry Foote. Rumors claim that he actually wants to play for the Lions. If he gets cut by the Steelers, the Lions should try to sign him ASAP.

He has said that he never maid that statment and want's to stay with the Steelers - smart man !!!

I wouldn't mid the Lions signing any of these guys

Deshaun Foster, UFA, San Francisco 49ers

J.J. Arrington, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants

Owen Daniels, UFA, Houston Texans

Matt Birk, UFA, Minnesota Vikings

Mike Goff, UFA, San Diego Chargers

Jon Runyan, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Tra Thomas, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Albert Haynesworth, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Bertrand Berry, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Rocky Bernard, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Michael Boley, RFA, Atlanta Falcons

James Farrior, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Dawan Landry, RFA, Baltimore

Dunta Robinson, UFA, Houston Texans

Rodney Harrison, UFA, New England Patriots

Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Michael Boley, RFA, Atlanta Falcons

James Farrior, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Dawan Landry, RFA, Baltimore

Dunta Robinson, UFA, Houston Texans

Rodney Harrison, UFA, New England Patriots

Id be happy with 3 of them Haynesworth, Robinson, and one you left out Julius Peppers notice all DEFENSE. I can't belive you left out Peppers, with these 3 and your draft that should fix your LB's get you another CB and DT depth with size we could win quickly or offense scored about 21 points a game more then enough to win if we could stop somebody on defense. Our offense should be better just from the new coaches and hopefully having 1 or at most 2 QB's play for the hole season, they would also benefit from the extra time with the ball because our defense wouldn't be on the field all the time !!!

Look at the company he's around in Dallas, he's had his run-ins and you put him in a room full of thugs like Dallas' locker room of course he's going to continue down that path.

I think if you bring him in with a no BS DC like Gun you'll see a difference. Look at Haynsworth 2 or 3 years ago, he literally stomped on that guys head after the play and now everyone wants him.

Bring in Tank, sign him for 2 or 3 years and have his contract include him staying clean or he gets the boot. I think he could be had for a few mill a year...with his talent, it's worth it IMO.

I brought up Tank a couple of months ago to some friends if we could get him for the right price (Cheap hopefully) then it would be a very smart move !!!

Id be happy with 3 of them Haynesworth, Robinson, and one you left out Julius Peppers notice all DEFENSE. I can't belive you left out Peppers, with these 3 and your draft that should fix your LB's get you another CB and DT depth with size we could win quickly or offense scored about 21 points a game more then enough to win if we could stop somebody on defense. Our offense should be better just from the new coaches and hopefully having 1 or at most 2 QB's play for the hole season, they would also benefit from the extra time with the ball because our defense wouldn't be on the field all the time !!!

I don't think Peppers will be worth the big long term contract he will command.