honalulu Blue

Lions to change logo?

Lewand said he wanted to go with a darker, "more intimidating" blue. What about going with a USFL-type, Michigan Panthers logo?

usfl-mich_panthers.jpg

Change the Panther to a Lion, make the blue a darker, royal blue, and change the helmet to silver.

If we didn't go retro, I think that would look pretty sweet.

i would have to agree that would look great

Lewand said he wanted to go with a darker, "more intimidating" blue. What about going with a USFL-type, Michigan Panthers logo?

usfl-mich_panthers.jpg

Change the Panther to a Lion, make the blue a darker, royal blue, and change the helmet to silver.

If we didn't go retro, I think that would look pretty sweet.

I think the team originally took their name to make a logical connection to fans of the the Tigers in baseball. (So did the NY football Giants & the Chigago Bears from the Cubs).

It would be fitting to change the logo to reflect the city's last professional championship football team. I'm for it. Put some teeth into that logo.

It's a gimmick to create cheap hype that will ultimately result in increased merchandising sales when the logo does change.

On the field I kinda like the old school unis - all silver helmet, no logo. As far as changing the corporate logo, I like the old one...

lions_logo_1961.gif

...but the take off from the Panthers would be okay.

I hope its not a drastic change. Last this I want to see is a Carolina Panther type of logo. I like the leaping lion, I could see a darker blue maybe but I hope there is no big "we need to modernize" type of change.

Edit to add: If they change to a letter logo I could live with that. I dont want to see a cartoony type of lion.

lions2.gif

That is too "disney" for me.

I think these would be great mascots for the Lions. This first one is from holloweencostumes.com. The second one is from wizardofozcostumes.com.

sexy_cuddly_lion_costume.jpg

sexy_lion_costume.jpg

I don't have a problem with the changing the logo or the colors unless they change them to something even more lame. These colors have been with us for all these years of losing. Time to make a total change. I wouldn't be against keeping the current colors and going throwback.

Shouldn't the top girl have a blonde tail?

Sometimes the carpet and drapes just don't match.

Sometimes the carpet and drapes just don't match.

We meet at last. I admire your skills, Mr. Peanut. :classic:

On the field I kinda like the old school unis - all silver helmet, no logo. As far as changing the corporate logo, I like the old one...

lions_logo_1961.gif

...but the take off from the Panthers would be okay.

If they were to take off of the panthers...I demand full credit.:silly:

The problem with the Michigan Panthers logo but changing it to a Lion is that it may be to close to the Carolina Panthers logo. I wonder about copyright laws.

They cant go with a blank silver helmet. Well they can but it will make the NFL office upset. They have been trying to get the Browns to come up with a logo for years.

I dont think the logo should change, its our identy and just because were coming off of a bad year doesnt mean the logo that hasalso been here needs to be gone.

If anything, change the colors or the jersey. I like the current uniforms but they were the brain child of Millen. They will want to erase anything that reminds people of him.

I hope they dont go to a darker blue. Honolulu blue is Detroit Lions football.

I dont think the logo should change, its our identy and just because were coming off of a bad year doesnt mean the logo that hasalso been here needs to be gone.

What about the last 50 seasons? Sure we've had a few winning seasons but for the most part we've been awful. Lets put that chapter behind us and get a new identity.

Honolulu blue is Detroit Lions football.
Honolulu blue = losing in my book.

Theres just to much tradition. Winning or lossing, theres alot of ways to change the uniform aside from the logo.

What about the last 50 seasons? Sure we've had a few winning seasons but for the most part we've been awful. Lets put that chapter behind us and get a new identity.

HERE HERE!

I'd like for them to use a darker blue, but keep the Honolulu blue in there somehow. The Broncos won the Super Bowl the year they changed their logo, maybe the Lions can at least win a few games if they change theirs :cheeky:

Just go the route of Cleveland and change the name to the Detroit Blues. It would be fitting for an 0-16 team and the throwbacks with no logo would be perfect.