honalulu Blue

Lions to change logo?

Rumor has it that during the "townhall meeting" for season ticket holders, when asked about the lions changing their logo/uniforms, Tom Lewand responded by simply saying "stay tuned"... leading one to believe that it's being discussed.

I'm all for a change myself as long as its not too drastic (remember the dark years of the teal, maroon and gold Pistons uni's? With that stupid flaming horse??). While the Lions need a lot of help on the field in just about every area, I think an change of logo/uni's would help to break the losing culture that is the Detroit Lions. Even if only a little bit.

I would love to see them go back to the throwbacks, with the solid silver helmets and high blue socks. Perhaps put the logo (if any) on the front hip of the pants or the shoulder of the jerseys? Old-School and classic logo like the the one out of the 60's...

lions_logo_1961.gif

...or perhaps something a little different...

premier-league_200x200.jpg

I know this is a soccer league logo, but not bad IMO. Replace the soccer ball with a pig skin and make the it royal blue and silver.

610x.jpg

Just get rid of the black.

maybe put a logo on that helmet and id love it. I love it either way though, its better than what we have IMO

Yeah, I'd be alright with the old school uniforms if we threw a logo on the helmet too. I like the old school uniforms, but I'm not sure if they'd go back to them full time.....

I'm down with the current colors (minus the black) but a change with the helmets would be cool...

I'm down with the current colors (minus the black) but a change with the helmets would be cool...

since you have the best avitar on the board, i declare you the logo expert.

this is the second time ive seen this rumor yet no major news source has anything on it, cant find one article. Can anyone find any links that say this may have any merit?

According to 97.1 The Ticket, several people that attended the Lions town hall meeting said that the subject was indeed brought up and that a color change could be in the works too.

I am against it. I think the Lions colors are great (I don't mind the black). The team needs to change everything but the uniform. I love the leaping lion, I see no reason to change it. I think I saw a logo mock up a few years ago that had a Lion leaping toward you - leaping out of the side of the helmet growling with a claw extended - that was tolerable, but not as good as what they have now.

since you have the best avitar on the board, i declare you the logo expert.

Zimm.. since you consider me some kind of expert, I promise to come to Ferndale and cover your back when that weasel shows up! :laugh:

I am against it. I think the Lions colors are great (I don't mind the black). The team needs to change everything but the uniform. I love the leaping lion, I see no reason to change it. I think I saw a logo mock up a few years ago that had a Lion leaping toward you - leaping out of the side of the helmet growling with a claw extended - that was tolerable, but not as good as what they have now.

Don't get me wrong. I would be fine with them keeping them the same as well (minus the black... hate it! Reminds me of Millen). I'm definitely not down with them changing the colors to something crazy... If they do change I think old school is the way to go.

How 'bout a big Old English "L" They could claim it stands for Lions, but us Detroiters would know what it really stands for...

Zimm.. since you consider me some kind of expert, I promise to come to Ferndale and cover your back when that weasel shows up! :laugh:

deal

Lewand said he wanted to go with a darker, "more intimidating" blue. What about going with a USFL-type, Michigan Panthers logo?

usfl-mich_panthers.jpg

Change the Panther to a Lion, make the blue a darker, royal blue, and change the helmet to silver.

If we didn't go retro, I think that would look pretty sweet.

activities_cap_top.gif

I was thinking something like this. It would be fun for the whole family. This logo is from pbskids.org.

circus.jpg

This one is also good. This logo is from firemillen.com.

0060-0506-2417-2032.jpg

This one is powerful. This logo is from clipartguide.com.

S14_Lions_logo.jpg

This one is not as good as the other three, but not bad. Maybe change the red to blue for the Detroit Lions. This logo is from rugby.com.au.