DaYooperASBDT

** 2009 ADOPT A TIGER SELECTION EXTRAVAGANZA **

If I may suggest, could I draft David Chadd, VP of Amateur Scouting? If that doesn't work, I'd like to draft VSL pitcher Carlos Alvarez.

During the February Lakeland Flying Tiger fan club meeting, Andy Barkett spoke about the problems young minor leaguers face. My wife is aware of my adopt a tiger process and has decided that she wants to adopt one also. As some of you are aware, when I moved to Florida, we were sponsoring a young lady from Ecuador who has since returned to Ecuador. For that reason, she wishes to adopt a young latin player who will most likely be in Extended Spring Training and then the GCL so she can watch "her" Tiger when I watch Brett Anderson. Anyway, she wants a fielder, not a pitcher. I have looked over the DSL roster and the VSL roster but am not sure who came stateside. Anyone with insight which players meet these standards who could post them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

2009 AAT Brett Anderson

If Elvin Soto plays GCL, may I request that you consider him - he has performed well in the DSL but is probably too old for that level now. He has shown some good power and remarkable patience too when you consider the adage that "you can't walk off the island".

EDIT - OOPS soory I thought that you were talking about a "host family" arrangement. But now that I actually read more carefully, of course you can't "adopt" Elvin Soto - I already did! So I'd guess you'd better slip Hueytaxi a couple of bucks to tell you who is in "Extended Spring" next week, and played DSL or VSL last year.

If Elvin Soto plays GCL, may I request that you consider him - he has performed well in the DSL but is probably too old for that level now.
I haven't seen him stateside in ST, so I doubt he will be here in EST.

Due to the release of my AAT (Darwin DeLeon), I will select in his place outfielder Luis Salas.

3380744161_08539051e7.jpg

I am hoping that Luis Salas, a native of Venezuela, will be part of the Whitecaps this season. He caught my attention in a couple games in spring training with his bat and his base running skills.

In January of 2008, Mark Anderson described him as "bringing a patient approach and a touch of speed" http://tigers.scout.com/2/719358.html , and in February of 2008 he talked a bit about his power

"Salas is a bit harder to get a handle on this year, as his frame has begun to fill out and he could see an increase in his power production. He has a good swing path that should lead to some mammoth shots in batting practice, but there are doubts about his readiness to flash that same power during games. Salas has the defensive chops to handle any of the three outfield slots, but he profiles best in center at this time." http://tigers.scout.com/2/731368.html

Due to the release of my AAT (Darwin DeLeon), I will select in his place outfielder Luis Salas.

I haven't had a chance to get to the minor league forum yet. Odd. I thought this was a kid worth keeping an eye on.

Looks like my AAT's been released. Can I replace him with C Joe Bowen?
I'm sure you can. Joe is a great young guy who no one notices. Losing Jordan is tough even if expected.

Joe: 1561053181_d933ab46ce.jpg?v=0

Hopefully Jordan will work on his attitude if and when he's picked up by another team, it was ashame to see a young man like Tata with all the potential in the world let his temper on the field get the best of him, hope another team gives him a chance, maybe a fresh start is what he needs.

I'm sure you can. Joe is a great young guy who no one notices. ...

I've noticed him.

Former AAT.

I'd like to see him make some significant strides this year. He didn't, quite, last year... But keep pushing Joe!!! :grin:

Looks like my AAT's been released. Can I replace him with C Joe Bowen?
Certainly. And we won't even require any slumpbusting! Consider it done.

So does Shelton's "50,000 we got for James Skelton" turn into the rights to Brooks Brown?

Yes...

Unless he wants to keep that money in his back pocket...

That sucks for Beek27

Yeah, that sucks alright. Been gone for awhile and now I find this out!

I didn't see Brooks Brown picked up yet so with Sheffs departure I'll take him.

Yeah, that sucks alright. Been gone for awhile and now I find this out!

I didn't see Brooks Brown picked up yet so with Sheffs departure I'll take him.

Met his Mom today thanks to Plantcitytigerfan.

Do we have a "how your AAT is doing thread" somewhere or have we ever done that before? I think some of us with minor league players would be willing to keep otehrs up to date on those folks. Yoop this is your baby, if you want to start a thread I'll try and bump it so it gets updated.

Satterwhite 1 IP 0 ER 2 hits 1 K vs Altoona yesterday.

Yeah, we did have one last year. Doesn't matter who starts it but sure I'll do the honors. Was just thinking about this the other day.