DaYooperASBDT

** 2009 ADOPT A TIGER SELECTION EXTRAVAGANZA **

I don't think the posters making the next few picks after JR are logged on either, though a lot of people might check without logging in.

Why do you need a write up on a player that is not only great in the field but great off the field? Curtis is genuinely a great guy who works tirelessly to better himself. Last year he started the year on the DL with a broken wrist, came back and tried to ignite the team, and ultimately performing slightly worse than he did in 2007 but not significantly. He hit .280, a .365 OBP (his personal best to date), 61 extra-base hits, an .859 OPS, etc.
Well you just did! Thanks again to both of you helping out with Brian's pick. Anytime we can honor one of the true MVP's of our lifetimes, that's a great thing indeed.

I would argue though, that it never hurts to post some info, for the benefit of "brand new" Tigers fans that don't know a lot about Grandy yet. But that's not a requirement of the AAT, only a suggestion.

In this day of multi-million dollar superstars, it's refreshing to see such a gem of a man reach the heights of baseball achievement. Curtis might be the best thing to happen to Detroit since Willie Horton, although I'm sure somebody will come up with more examples.

Lets pick for him.

I nominate Jim Price as his pick.

No, Im at 111, I might need to pick Price. I nominate Paw's used kitty litter.

Well you just did! Thanks again to both of you helping out with Brian's pick. Anytime we can honor one of the true MVP's of our lifetimes, that's a great thing indeed.

I would argue though, that it never hurts to post some info, for the benefit of "brand new" Tigers fans that don't know a lot about Grandy yet. But that's not a requirement of the AAT, only a suggestion.

In this day of multi-million dollar superstars, it's refreshing to see such a gem of a man reach the heights of baseball achievement. Curtis might be the best thing to happen to Detroit since Willie Horton, although I'm sure somebody will come up with more examples.

I just hope that we dont trade or lose Curtis to free agency. Him, and Verlander are my two favorite Tigers. It is hard to believe that we almost once put Nook Logan in the lineup over Curtis.

Too bad the first few picks didn't happen right away. Of course this will take weeks but Yoop did a great job so it's a little disappointing.

Especially since if they knew they would not be available, they could have sent a few picks to Yoop to keep things moving.

Easy fellas, it's more like a turtle race than a sprint, always starts out slow until the two-at-a-time kicks in. Hopefully the boy didn't run into trouble, Mt. Pleasant can be a rough town you know! EDIT - just joking everybody gets a 24-hour window regardless of draft position, so cut the dude some slack.

I'm still working on my "wish list", which has about six minor leaguers and three guys who have spent time in Detroit but might not make the 25-man come April.

I don't think I'll take Casper Wells - his dad seems a bit ornery!

I've got you guys right where I want you...I'm at 108...mwhahaha...

Are you saying that you have some of the people with higher picks locked up somewhere?:ponder:

I'm still working on my "wish list", which has about six minor leaguers and three guys who have spent time in Detroit but might not make the 25-man come April.

I don't think I'll take Casper Wells - his dad seems a bit ornery!

Casper the player is a great kid with a terrific sense of humor and had a pretty good season in 08. If I didn't always want a Whitecap, I would probably snatch him up myself.

LOL. At this rate we might need a new thread by the time the first ten picks are made.:happy:

At this rate we may need a new thread before the second pick is made. :grin::paranoid:

I am totally relaxed at this point. I know that the player that I kind of had in mind will be long gone before my turn comes up and I will have to take what is there. I have one player in my mind that has become a buddy that is not on any radars, so will probably be available--just won't be a Whitecap nor a former Whitecap.

Of course, if any of you top dogs want to really drive Monkeynuts crazy and take the spot just below his, I would be happy to help you out.

I definitely understand and agree. I would have written more, but then I would have come off as too homerish. I can say I have had the honor of meeting and spending some time with Curtis, and he was extremely hospitable to us and answered all of our questions. While I wish the Tigers could have won the two nights we went, I will always remember that weekend.

I have a question--is it barred for me to pick another player later on to represent myself in this? Obviously I would choose much later in the draft since I have the honor of keeping up with Brian's pick.