bosman

If's between Sanchez or Stafford WHO

my vote would be for Sanchez if u look at the past QB's from USC its almost a sure thing minus Matt Linhard of course

my vote would be for Sanchez if u look at the past QB's from USC its almost a sure thing minus Matt Linhard of course

Nothing is a sure thing. If Bradford doesnt come out then Stafford is the consensus number one QB. I dont think Sanchez would be a horrible choice, but I think that Stafford is rated higher by almost everyone.

Hopefully Bradford will come out so the Lions have more options to pick from. After Stafford, Sanchez (if he even comes out) theres a big drop IMO to Josh Freeman and Nate Davis and then down to Rhett Bomar and Cullen Harper.

I'm so glad you started this thread. I wanted to talk about which QB the Lions should take but had nowhere to do so.

Haha, yeah it's tough to find somewhere to post about QB's to draft....

I'm so glad you started this thread. I wanted to talk about which QB the Lions should take but had nowhere to do so.

There's a very good, completely football-related thread on Tebow that you could check out

Stafford gets my vote!! He just looks the part. Of course so did Ryan Leaf and many other QB's over the past 20+ years!

I was so close to making a "Matt Stafford or Tim Tebow, which QB should the Lions take" thread .. but that tool Tebow went back to school...

:tired:

^

OU fan

Bradford is staying at OU according to ESPN radio. pickleswn6.gif

Good luck with Stafford, he's not going to be very good.

I thought I already read on here someone mentioning the he has already said he's going to come out.....Maybe in the "If we draft a QB" thread?

Good luck with Stafford, he's not going to be very good.

Matt Stafford might not be that great, but he'll have a far better career than Sam Bradford, who at the end of the day .. really, he's just a three star QB with a bunch of 5 star weapons, playing in a conference where every team spreads it out and sees which team can score the most points -- no thank you.

I thought I already read on here someone mentioning the he has already said he's going to come out.....Maybe in the "If we draft a QB" thread?

Nope. A Tulsa TV station broke this story but based on what Stoops said yesterday I was guessing he was coming back. Good news for Sooner Nation because we were looking at a redshirt frosh qb next year. thumbup1nu3.gif

Notice on how you didn't comment on the rest... It's the truth, that's why;)

Actually no I didn't want to get into a heated debate with you. You thinking Stafford is better than Bradford is just an opinion, nothing more. The Big 12 has some average defenses but you are disregarding that Bradford can make all the throws, is a brilliant kid (4.0 student), doesn't get flustered, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. In the NC game his two interceptions were on deflections and the receiver getting the ball taken away from him. He made enough plays for OU to win and he did well under pressure. He did the same against Texas, and the same against TCU.

As far as his reason for coming back, he needs to add weight. He's far too skinny. Once he adds about 15 pounds he's still gonna be a top 5 pick next year and maybe #1. There is no reason to think he won't be successful at the next level, he has the arm and the head. If you disagree that's your opinion but I watch him 13 times a year and I'm not much of a homer with my college players. He's gonna be good at the next level.

I respect your opinion Doc, I am just giving my opinion based on a few games I have seen from Bradford, while watching most of UGA's games.

Sanchez is an over-rated quarterback whose numbers are inflated because he plays on a phenomenal USC team. He's no Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart and he not much different than John David Booty (where is he these days?).

Besides, the Lions SHOULD NOT pick a quarterback very high in the draft. The Lions have a lot of needs and a quarterback is not anywhere near the top.

I respect your opinion Doc, I am just giving my opinion based on a few games I have seen from Bradford, while watching most of UGA's games.

Right back at ya. I saw about 5 UGA games this year and I like Stafford, I just think he has a lot of bust qualities. I'm not a Lions fan (thinking of coming over though finally) but I'd rather them take Smith. Time to build from the inside out IMO.