waynr

Contract the Tigers

I have been a Tiger fan for 35 years but this is the worst team they have put on the field and they will not be better anytime soon. So I say contract the Tigers along with the Expos and put us Tiger fans out of our misery. It's been almost 20 years since 1984 and for 1 or 2 season after that have they played decent ball. I never thought that a team could be eliminated after 10 games but it's over, so someone tell Bud that contraction is the best thing for this organization.:(

you may say that now, but if it did happen, or if the mlb even mentioned it you would be pretty mad about it. that is one of the craziest things i have heard in a long time. so they're 0-11. big fricken deal, they can still have a good season! it's only APRIL! give them time. they have gone through a lot of changes this past week, and i'm sure they are still getting used to things being different.

GOTTA HAVE HOPE!!

GO TIGERS!!!

My goal I set for the season in ST: A record .500 or better.

My goal for 3 weeks into the season: A record .400 or better.

I'm more in favor of the Cleveland Brown solution. either contract the team and give Ilitch his money or move the team, change the name to Charlotte Pepperonis, give someone an expansion team in Detroit, call it the Tigers and let the new organization retain all the records and history of the Tigers (pre-1996) and start from scratch.

You can start from scratch with the current team. Its not like they have anything anyway.

I think that Wayner or anyone else that suggests the tigers be contracted should not be allowed on this board. I know we proly cant ban him but lets just ignore him.

Who's in favor of boycotting with me?

I like Tigers history, no matter how good or bad. This will soon be part of that history and new, positive, memories will push out the bad ones. Just a matter of time. I've got to admit, I hope the good starts today.

0-11? So now it is time to sell the team and give up!

We get this every year...but never this early in the season! I say everyone who wants baseball to leave Detroit move a couple hours south or west and follow those teams! Both Cleveland and Chicago had the same problems for a long period of time similiar to what the Tigers are facing at some point in both their histories!!

I'll take bad baseball over no baseball!!!

As I said in another thread:

They may be bums, but goddamn it, they're OUR bums.

Hey! That should be the slogan for this year's team. Not quite as catchy as '68's "Go Get 'Em, Tigers!" or '84's "Bless You Boys!", but it does have a ring to it. And a long baseball tradition, besides.

And also, I disagree with banning anybody who suggests contracting the Tigers. It's more fun to let them stick around here, so we can abuse them.

Go Get 'Em, Tigers!

Bless You Boys!

They May Be Bums, But Goddamn It, They're OUR Bums!

Yeah, I like that.

I think the Cubs have that phrase copyrighted, Doc.

I'd have to go with- 'Sure we suck! But it beats no action at all!'

Originally posted by waynr

I have been a Tiger fan for 35 years but this is the worst team they have put on the field and they will not be better anytime soon. So I say contract the Tigers along with the Expos and put us Tiger fans out of our misery. It's been almost 20 years since 1984 and for 1 or 2 season after that have they played decent ball. I never thought that a team could be eliminated after 10 games but it's over, so someone tell Bud that contraction is the best thing for this organization.:(

Another blast from the past:classic:

moron_posting.jpg

Either that or someone's pseudonym from the first day?

Are_you_that_stupid.jpg