barnettej

Tim Tebow

Are you saying Tebow has the athletic ability of Ray Lewis, O.J. Simpson, and Darryl Strawberry? Of those 4, who's maximized their ability on and off the field?

Ray Lewis and OJ Simpson maximized their ability on the field.

And are dirtbags off of it.

I'm certain there are lots more examples like that.

And Ray Lewis was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. His only mistake was not turning on his boys. He is actually very involved with the community and his whole career revolves around his mother. Talk about a guy that gets a bum rap.

Are you saying Tebow has the athletic ability of Ray Lewis, O.J. Simpson, and Darryl Strawberry? Of those 4, who's maximized their ability on and off the field?

Who cares if they maximize their ability off the field? I honestly couldn't give two ***** about how any of them utilize their spare time.

We're talking about atheltic ability, which you seemed to limit the conversation to when you interjected the myriad bible verses in defense of your idea of "God-given" talent.

Ray Lewis is not morally awful outside the field.

There was a single isolated incident 8 years ago. He used poor judgment in who he hung around with and even worse in sticking to the "no snitches" code of the street.

He hasn't had a single incident of any type since this time and is pretty much regarded by players as one of the best guys in the NFL off the field.

And Ray Lewis was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. His only mistake was not turning on his boys. He is actually very involved with the community and his whole career revolves around his mother. Talk about a guy that gets a bum rap.

I don't know the whole story there, but I wouldn't be surprised if I fell victim to a stereotype.

I don't know the whole story there, but I wouldn't be surprised if I fell victim to a stereotype.

He was out partying with his thug friends. An altercation occured and one of his friends stabbed a guy. Ray Ray wasn't exactly cooperative with police because he didn't want to "snitch" on his friend.

That's it. No other issues before or since. He's a good guy. I like him a lot. Maybe I will start a thread about him.:wink:

He's a good guy. I like him a lot. Maybe I will start a thread about him.:wink:

[water spit] monitor and keyboard [/paper towel]

He was out partying with his thug friends. An altercation occured and one of his friends stabbed a guy. Ray Ray wasn't exactly cooperative with police because he didn't want to "snitch" on his friend.

That's it. No other issues before or since. He's a good guy. I like him a lot. Maybe I will start a thread about him.:wink:

And like someone said, he hasn't done anything else and is a doing fine now...

OJ Simpson maximized his abilities until he decided to slit a woman's throat.

OMG -- and people wonder why you are my favorite poster ......... wow!

:bandit: <-- that's Buddha, right there!

And for those who aren't familiar with how the southern dealings of our country work .. let me put it this way; Tim Tebow is so good with these people down here, he is almost -- ALMOST -- ready to unseat Peyton Manning as the "redneck messiah", though that'd be a very, very hard thing to accomplish.

Those rednecks love them some Peyton;)

...Talk about a guy that gets a bum rap.

True. It's a stain he might not ever be able to get rid of.

Especially amongst us uninitiated as I don't really know much of Lewis except for that "incident" and hence, I've unfairly lumped him with Simpson.

But the message is still the same, even if a fact was missed: A person is not required to be a choirboy to be a star in athletics... and just because a guy is a choirboy (Kitna, countless others) does not mean that they will be any good at a sport, or reach the highest levels of that sport, or even reach the maxiumum of their athletic potential.

Pure fallacy to state otherwise. IMO.

I'm not saying that Tebow is Tom Brady. But I think he is talented enough to have a career as an average NFL quarterback of the Trent Dilfer variety.

My prediction is a career more to the likes of Jared Lorenzen.

After Baltimore's season-opening win at Tampa Bay this season, three of Lewis's sons were standing outside the Ravens' locker room, their dad's name and number on their backs. A woman walked up to their mother and, speaking just above their heads, hissed, "I can't believe you let your kids wear that murderer's jersey."

Awwwwwwkward

I have often found that speaking to a person of strong religious beliefs is like talking to a wall. There is no reasoning, no logic, no language, no conversation, nothing, that can be understood by that person except the most stringent, straight-forward, and exacting words possible. And only after the harshest position is taken opposite of fanatacism, will the fanatic budge an inch and realize that some sort of reconciliation might be required. There is not much of a harder, or more accurate opposite position to take with religious fanatacism than bull-****..

The wall you talk to is called faith. People speaking loudly or ranting or cussing or isn't going to change it with people who have it.

The wall you talk to is called faith. People speaking loudly or ranting or cussing or isn't going to change it with people who have it.

We've moved on. Of course since Jake is Jake, we all know that he must get the last word in even if it wasn't in the best interest of the thread.

If you guys want to keep this up then I'm going to ask RR to lock this thread.

Wow... look what happens when you get a bit busy and don't end up reading one of the threads.

Boys and Girls, this forum is for football, not religion. I think a religious debate would be great, but it should be in the political forum, not here.

Thread closed.