barnettej

Tim Tebow

I know the majority of this board "DO NOT" want to hear any sentence with the words "Lions", "Draft", "Tim Tebow".

But no one on this Forum can discount this guys character and resolve. Tim has been an absolute leader this yr with the Gators, even going as far as putting himself out there to the Media.

Tim has some serious drive, more drive than.... well all the QB's we had here wearing a Lions uniform in the past 20yrs (and then some).

If there is a chance that Tim falls, and is available late.... well.... I wont get upset if I do hear those words from up above.

"Actually I honestly think, he would be a very good QB for any franchise"

Oh my God. It's never going to end is it? 3 threads on this guy just isn't enough. I can't take it. I'm going to snap.

I actually posted a thread like this in the NFL forum for a reason- unless we trade down, we can't afford to take 2 offensive guys in the first round imo.

Mods, please do not merge the threads if possible because I am not in favor of taking Tebow, but he is a good prospect.

Taking a QB with the first pick I think would be dumb. I don't think Bradford is all that great - he might be a system guy. There will be other QBs next year when the Lions are 2-14. They need defense and at least one O-Lineman. If, by some chance, Tebow declares and is available with the Dallas pick in the 3rd round - take him - great athlete and he could pan out.

I'm pretty sure I heard Muissberger say that anybody who didn't select Tim Tebow in the first round was going straight to hell. . .

I like Tebow, but will he be drafted as a QB? He will certainly have that threat, but I am seeing his early years as a running back and b/u QB.

Tebow also has orphans named after him.

Why can't Tebow just be normal like Pacman Jones, Maurice Clarrett, The Vick Bros, Matt Jones, and Plaxico Burress?!?

Didn't you hear. 5-10 minutes with the guy enhances your life! :cheeky:

Tebow and people around him are blessed because of he and his family's incredible faith, no doubt in my mind. This is the other side of your opinion.

Tebow and people around him are blessed because of he and his family's incredible faith, no doubt in my mind. This is the other side of your opinion.

And Tim Tebow is clearly the only athlete on the planet who has and demonstrates strong faith.

And Tim Tebow is clearly the only athlete on the planet who has and demonstrates strong faith.

He is IMO the most vocal and influential about his faith.

Ladainian Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, and Kurt Warner are all Christians but nowhere near Tebow as far as demonstrating it.

I am all for everyone having their own views on religion, sexuality, etc. BUT I prefer not to have to hear about it over and over. It would be different if I were watching The Bible Network but ESPN doesn't need to shove stuff like this down our throats.

I guess this kinda falls into a similar category of gay people seemingly constantly being loud and proud about being homosexual. I'm more than happy for everyone live how they choose. I dont want to have to hear about it (Gay, straight, or other).

My opinion? Look, I'm not bashing Tebow at all, especially for his faith. I'm making fun of all the Tebow hyperbole by media types. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

He is IMO the most vocal and influential about his faith.

Ladainian Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, and Kurt Warner are all Christians but nowhere near Tebow as far as demonstrating it.

Kurt Warner mentioned God about 12 times in his post game presser today. I didn't see anyone talking about how spending 5 minutes with him would improve my life.

I am all for everyone having their own views on religion, sexuality, etc. BUT I prefer not to have to hear about it over and over. It would be different if I were watching The Bible Network but ESPN doesn't need to shove stuff like this down our throats.

I guess this kinda falls into a similar category of gay people seemingly constantly being loud and proud about being homosexual. I'm more than happy for everyone live how they choose. I dont want to have to hear about it (Gay, straight, or other).

No we just would rather have Pac Man Jones and Terrell Owens and all the negative self-serving behavior shoved down our throat 24 hours a day every day because it's easier to relate to. We don't want that God stuff shoved down our throat for a couple days a year.

Kurt Warner mentioned God about 12 times in his post game presser today. I didn't see anyone talking about how spending 5 minutes with him would improve my life.

Maybe they weren't talking about it but it couldn't hurt.