THECATMAC

If the Lions do take a quarterback with the first pick.....

If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?

• Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
    • Georgia QB Matt Stafford

Not with Buffalo, Jacksonville, Seattle (dumping Hasslebeck, last I heard), and St. Louis (would go for Stafford if Detroit passes) all sitting there in between.

Buffalo likes Trent Edwards

Jacksonville won't replace Garrard until the coaches go too

St. Louis extended Bulger for $65 million last year, no way they add a #1 salary to that at one position.

The teams I see taking QB are:

KC, depends on how much they like Thigpen, they have a lot of holes too.

Seattle, Hasselback's coach is leaving and they need to reload on offense.

SF, although I don't think they wanna get burned on another #1 QB and Singletary is HC so he'll prolly go D

NYJ, how do they feel about Kellen Clemens?

TB, Garcia is old and Gruden has never met a QB he didn't like

Those are the teams in the top 20 that COULD go QB IMO.

The way I see it:

First round QB needs:

Detroit/NYJ

Could take a first round QB:

St. Louis/San Fran/Chicago/Minny/Seattle

Will add a QB somewhere:

KC/Cinci/Buffalo

The way I see it:

First round QB needs:

Detroit/NYJ

Will add a QB somewhere:

KC/Cinci/Buffalo

I can see most of that...I think Minny is out of the equation tho, they made a trade for Jackson in the draft and Childress took direct responsiblity for claiming he can develop him. He stays until Childress goes.

St. Louis won't without letting Bulger go, and that ain't happening, they are better than their record.

Chicago needs recievers before a QB...they lost their only weapon last year, it's bad when your rookie RB is also your leading reciever.

I can see most of that...I think Minny is out of the equation tho, they made a trade for Jackson in the draft and Childress took direct responsiblity for claiming he can develop him. He stays until Childress goes.

Childress also benched Jackson earlier in the season and only went back to him while Ferotte was hurt. I think if a top QB falls and they like the prospect they would hypothetically pull the trigger.

Coach Brad Childress reiterated Wednesday that Tarvaris Jackson is in no way assured of being the Vikings' starting QB in 2009.

"There’s not anything we’re going to leave unturned in terms of free agency (and) the draft," Childress said. "You see who’s out there and by the same token, Tarvaris is going to be here. Tarvaris did a ton of good this year and unfortunately you have that bad taste in your mouth from that last game." Jackson is cheap enough to keep, but ideally as only a clear-cut backup.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

Free agent maybe...but I don't think he'll draft another one. Then again I'm just going on a hunch...no real data or hard facts to back it up.

Free agent maybe...but I don't think he'll draft another one. Then again I'm just going on a hunch...no real data or hard facts to back it up.

Sign this guy up as GM! :happy:

The way I see it:

First round QB needs:

Detroit/NYJ

Will add a QB somewhere:

KC/Cinci/Buffalo

Jets still have Clemens, don't they? I'd put them in your second category.

The Vikes are definitely in the first category, though. Everybody there has to know that Tavaris isn't taking them to the next level. However, with a low pick, they're not going to reach and being in the Lions' division, they're not going to trade with Detroit.

I think SF and KC are much more inclined to sit on their current QB alignments (Thigpen and Shaun Hill, both of whom played very well towards the end of the year) than is Trent Edwards, who was terrible after returning from injury.

Seattle and St. louis both have highly paid incumbents. I hadn't realized the size of that extension on Bulger: They'd best draft Crabtree to give Bulger a target opposite Torry Holt. Time for the Lions to start feigning interest in him, to see if they can effect a swap.

Jets still have Clemens, don't they? I'd put them in your second category.

I think SF and KC are much more inclined to sit on their current QB alignments (Thigpen and Shaun Hill, both of whom played very well towards the end of the year) than is Trent Edwards, who was terrible after returning from injury.

Seattle and St. louis both have highly paid incumbents. I hadn't realized the size of that extension on Bulger: They'd best draft Crabtree to give Bulger a target opposite Torry Holt. Time for the Lions to start feigning interest in him, to see if they can effect a swap.

Brett Ratliff - QB Jan. 7 - 1:38 pm et

The New York Daily News believes that No. 3 QB Brett Ratliff has a better chance of making the Jets' 2009 roster than Kellen Clemens.

Both are cheap, so they'll be carried deep into the summer. However, if Brett Favre retires and the new coaching staff brings in a new QB, both could be on the chopping block. Erik Ainge will also be fighting for his roster life.

Source: New York Daily News

Related: Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge

Clemens and Ratliff aren't the answer, a new coach will want HIS QB (whether or not Favre stays)

Yes, he has made all the throws. And I thought he demolished the MSU secondary in the 2nd half.

In the first half, he couldn't hit wide open receivers and choked it up completely.

I'm not that impressed with Bradford or Stafford.

Somebody will come out of nowhere at the combine and blow people away.

But I agree with Kowalski, the lions will probably have two or three guys they like, and the one they pick will be whomever agrees to the best contract.

FWIW, Sanchez received a 1st round grade from his NFL evaluation.

My gut tells me he's going to enter. If he does I'd be surprised if he's around much past the 13th or 14th pick.

Your boy Kowalski was saying how Sanchez was the #2 QB behind Bradford, but ahead of Stafford.

Hmmmm.....is he Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart? Hmmm....

but looking at the teams drafting behind us i only see two teams needing a qb so if that drops one of the three in our lap in the second i would do that and if we dont get 1 of the three then next year you have colt and teabow coming out

but looking at the teams drafting behind us i only see two teams needing a qb so if that drops one of the three in our lap in the second i would do that and if we dont get 1 of the three then next year you have colt and teabow coming out

*ugh* that is a terrible QB class for 2010.

the 2010 draft is looking mighty weak for the QB position next season, kind of like the 2003 draft.

I heard the OU fanboy on our local morning sports show say that Bradford is leaning towards returning to school. No definite answer and no source was listed though.

*ugh* that is a terrible QB class for 2010.

the 2010 draft is looking mighty weak for the QB position next season, kind of like the 2003 draft.

Not if all the outstanding juniors (Tebow, McCoy, Bradford) are coming out next year instead of this...

Not if all the outstanding juniors (Tebow, McCoy, Bradford) are coming out next year instead of this...

Bradford might salvage 2010, but Tebow and McCoy is like Carr and Harrington. I'm still not sold on Bradford either.

I'm not that impressed with Bradford or Stafford.

Somebody will come out of nowhere at the combine and blow people away.

But I agree with Kowalski, the lions will probably have two or three guys they like, and the one they pick will be whomever agrees to the best contract.

This sums up my views as well. As QB prospects go, Bradford and Stafford are good -- they just don't strike me as clear cut number ones. Gun to my head, I'd probably opt for Stafford.

-Tony

This sums up my views as well. As QB prospects go, Bradford and Stafford are good -- they just don't strike me as clear cut number ones. Gun to my head, I'd probably opt for Stafford.

-Tony

agreed... They need to go for a OL