THECATMAC

If the Lions do take a quarterback with the first pick.....

If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?

• Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
    • Georgia QB Matt Stafford

Huh? I looked all over and i cant find anything about Mark Sanchez raping anyone

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2468540

Associated Press

Updated: June 2, 2006, 9:11 PM ET

Email

Print

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors decided Friday not to file charges against Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez, who had been accused of sexually assaulting another USC student.

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Richard Tacklander, who reviewed the case, concluded there was "a lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2468540

Associated Press

Updated: June 2, 2006, 9:11 PM ET

Email

Print

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors decided Friday not to file charges against Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez, who had been accused of sexually assaulting another USC student.

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Richard Tacklander, who reviewed the case, concluded there was "a lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt."

so its pretty much nothing

Would Ndamukong Suh of Nebraska be big enough?

Yeah, but I'd be more willing to move him down a tad. The Lions need a nose tackle. He's in the conversation if he comes out, though.

I would be OK with Stafford, Brandon Spikes, and Alex Mack as our 1st 3 picks.

Keep Raiola for a year to ease in Mack... and I know everyone says Raiola has no trade value... but I still think we could get a 4th-6th for him when the time comes; especially if there's an injury need on a team...

The 3rd you can usually find big run-stoppers with limited or some pass-rushing ability to plug the middle (think Jerry Ball), plus we have that 1st pick in the 3rd. Dallas's 3rd can get us a CB or run-plugging DT if we use our 3rd round pick on a CB, and our 4th or maybe even our 6th a big, mauling OG that can develop... Maybe we use our 4th on a decent WR to help CJ. Franchise tackle and pass-rusher extraordinaire will have to wait another year... IMO. Backus and Cherilus should suffice for now anyways. And I think another year needs to be given to IAF and Avril to see how they can develop before making a decision on how much pass-rushing help we really need.

My 2 cents.

Yeah, but I'd be more willing to move him down a tad. The Lions need a nose tackle. He's in the conversation if he comes out, though.

If he comes out - I would think that 305 lbs is big enough to play the nose. At 6' 4" he should be able to add bulk if necessary.

so its pretty much nothing

I don't know if it's pretty much nothing. I think it's too difficult to tell. It might be a psycho lying girl or it could be a legitimate rape without evidence. I'm torn on Sanchez.

I think I'm a little torn. I see Stafford and Bradford as a clear top 2 with Sanchez as #3. Depending on combines, interviews, etc.... I'm torn with 1a being Stafford, 1b Maulagula (sp) 2 BPA (hopefully a quality LT)

or

1a Best LT prospect

1b Maulagula (sp)

2 Sanchez

I guess if Stafford or Bradford grade out as a franchise QB, you have to take them regardless..... opportunity to get a true franchise QB is a rare occurrence.

Thoughts?

Rey Malagua won't be around for pick 20.

He's falling down the Mocks, many have Curry/Lauranitus going ahead of him. Lot's of scouts are worried about his speed, if he runs a poor time at the combine he could slip out of the top 15 into the 20's.

I don't know if it's pretty much nothing. I think it's too difficult to tell. It might be a psycho lying girl or it could be a legitimate rape without evidence. I'm torn on Sanchez.

From Wiki

On April 26, 2006, Sanchez was arrested after a female USC student accused him of sexual assaulting her in his apartment across the street from campus.[6][7] He was released from jail the following day, after posting $200,000 bail, but USC placed him on interim suspension that suspended him from the football team yet permitted him to take his semester finals, albeit separate from the general student body and under the supervision of campus security.[8] On June 3, 2006, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced no charges would be filed against Sanchez due to a "lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt", noting the case was "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation."[9] [10] The District Attorney's office released the charge evaluation worksheet that said the alleged victim in the case said she consented to kissing and petting on Sanchez's bed, and that she repeatedly refused Sanchez's advances to have intercourse with her but continued the other activities with him when he complied; the woman later spent time with other students without mentioning an incident and later told her mother who reportedly called police later in the morning.[6][7] The woman involved left the university.[11] Sanchez was required to take a rape awareness class at USC.[12] USC reinstated Sanchez but he remained subject to team-related discipline for underage drinking and using fake identification on the night he was arrested.[9] Sanchez had been previously detained but not arrested by USC's Department of Public Safety for allegedly breaking a window at a fraternity party.[8]

It seems as if there was no intercourse (thus a 2nd degree sexual assault charge rather than rape) and that he was just horny. If we refused to draft any horny guy...it would probably be a small roster.

Well one thing for sure is that Harrell isn't worth a draft-pick, even a 6th/7th round.

He looks like crap against Ole Miss.

He's falling down the Mocks, many have Curry/Lauranitus going ahead of him. Lot's of scouts are worried about his speed, if he runs a poor time at the combine he could slip out of the top 15 into the 20's.

I would love to see the Lions select Maualuga at the Dallas pick. He's everything this team lacks -- aggression, passion, tenacity, and leadership. Even if he grades out as NFL average physically, the other factors make him a good player.

I would think the Lions would need some defensive help, eh? They need a big guy...either Raji or Cody at 20, and some corners or LB's in the second. I think they need to work on OL in free agency, and later in the draft.

I think this was directed at me, but if not I'll tackle it anyway. The #1 overall pick is very expensive and the money has to come from somewhere. If the #1 is a QB (which is not the route I would take), then I would restructure by releasing Backus and Raiola and using the Dallas pick and 2-1 on O-line with Jason Smith and Alex Mack as my targets. However, the top four OT's could easily be gone by the Dallas pick.

It leaves the defense an absolute mess for another year, but puts most of the pieces in place for the offense. The 2009 Lions would obviously stuggle and defense would be the focus of the 2010 draft.

If Sanchez can't even get laid properly as the USC quarterback how he's going to handle being the next Lion QB prospect. He and his uncontrollable penis need another year in college perfecting the craft.

If Sanchez can't even get laid properly as the USC quarterback how he's going to handle being the next Lion QB prospect. He and his uncontrollable penis need another year in college perfecting the craft.

Too bad Chauncey isn't still in town...

On April 26, 2006, Sanchez was arrested after a female USC student accused him of sexual assaulting her in his apartment across the street from campus.[6][7] He was released from jail the following day, after posting $200,000 bail

No wonder the Pac 10 beats the Big 10 so often. They pay better.

I wish McCoy were coming out this year because that would be the guy I wanted. Since he's not, I'd take Bradford hands down over Stafford any day. Bradford has just as strong an arm, but is more accurate. Stafford's more mobile, but Bradford seems to be a brighter guy listening to him in conversation. If I had to compare Bradford's game to some one by what I've seen, it would be a stronger armed version of Montana. Whether he lives up to such a comparison or not, I don't know. That's just who I see when I watch him play.

Maybe some character issues too. Though I don't blame him.

Maybe some character issues too. Though I don't blame him.

Character issues?? For this?? Are you ****ing serious?

As for the speed concerns. He's 265 pounds and if he just runs in the mid to high 4.5's like Jerod Mayo did last year he'll be drafted right where he's supposed to be in the mid 1st round.

Character issues?? For this?? Are you ****ing serious?

Actually not serious. Kind of wanted to post the link.

Actually not serious. Kind of wanted to post the link.

The real crime is that Andrews was doing the radio broadcast.

"Before becoming a Sooner, Bradford, or "Big Easy" as he is often called by his friends, attended Oklahoma City's Putnam City North High School.When he's not on the football field or cramming in a workout, the six-foot-four quarterback might be found watching Animal Planet or even playing the cello. But on any given Tuesday night, friends of his know that Bradford is almost sure to be found at OU's weekly Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) gathering. A member of FCA since high school, Bradford now serves on his school's leadership team and has spoken publicly of the influence that the power of faith and perseverance has had on his life, as well as on his football career. Even in the midst of football season, Bradford also manages to set aside time for others. He dedicates his time as a reading mentor to a young boy in Oklahoma City, periodically making the drive to check up on his young friend's reading skills and throw the football around."

More here...http://collegefootballinsiders.blogspot.com/2008/12/obrien-finalists-revealed-sam-bradford.html

The likelyhood of the Lions picking up Culpepper's option for next year is nill. That leaves Kitna and Stanton fighting it out for the number 1 job.

If Stafford/Branford don't come out in the draft, those who believe you don't need a qb to compete in the NFL will get a chance to see that theory put to the test since there is no #1 available in FA.

The likelyhood of the Lions picking up Culpepper's option for next year is nill. That leaves Kitna and Stanton fighting it out for the number 1 job.

If Stafford/Branford don't come out in the draft, those who believe you don't need a qb to compete in the NFL will get a chance to see that theory put to the test since there is no #1 available in FA.

Or...

We resign Orlovsky; or cut Culpepper but sign him at a lower rate; or we draft Sanchez/Davis/Bomar/Harrell etc.

Most people who don't want Stafford/Bradford realize we need a quarterback. They just don't believe either of those persons are the top athlete available.

I'd be more shocked if Kitna was with the team next year. I think they'll re-sign Orlovsky, so the pecking order should be Orlovsky, Stafford/Bradford, then Stanton. Most likely everyone will be learning from a new system.