THECATMAC

If the Lions do take a quarterback with the first pick.....

If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?

• Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
    • Georgia QB Matt Stafford

Looks like Stafford wants to be the First Pick. He certainly tried to fit into the Lions QB modus operandi.

If Georgia ends up beating Michigan State, it's because of Knowshon Moreno. Matthew Stafford is not a franchise QB. He should be tearing apart the Spartans secondary.

Stafford's in his own head. If he can't handle this pressure, how is he supposed to handle being a QB of the Lions. Plus, he has a great running game.

Dude, I have watched him all year... This is basically how he is :tired:

He's not this bad -- I agree, but he needs to learn to take a little off on those short passes.

+1, only I've seen him three times this year and a few times last year.....I can't say I've watched him *all* year.

Well, there were some throws in that drive that reminds people why he is going to be a top 5 pick. He's got a great arm. Let's see how he does if Georgia actually decides to show up in the second half.

Stafford owned the 3rd quarter...

The INT you were talking about was thrown to his back shoulder because if he hit him in stride the MLB was gonna take the reciever's head off...it hit him in the hands, gotta catch that.

I still have a monster man crush on Bradford still...looking forward to next week.

Stafford owned the 3rd quarter...

The INT you were talking about was thrown to his back shoulder because if he hit him in stride the MLB was gonna take the reciever's head off...it hit him in the hands, gotta catch that.

I still have a monster man crush on Bradford still...looking forward to next week.

2nd half, really. It looked like he had an injury to his ribs, also.

He did...he got JACKED up near his own endzone...good to see his durability.

I'd be happy with either...we'll see how Bradford does.

One thing that did bother me tho was the extensive use of shotgun by Georgia...I was really looking to see how he performed from under center. It seems to me like he locks on a bit to his reciever, doesn't get past the 2nd read much.

I disagree, he does a great job of looking off. Especially on that first TD pass. All three TD passes were beauties.

The first TD was a great fake to the flat...the second TD to the TE,he was locked onto him the second his eyes hit downfield. The third TD was the 2nd reciever in his progression which looked like a designed play to Moreno anyway.

The thing that also gets to me is he has the luxury of having the best RB in college to fake to and most of the time it freezes the defense. 2 of the 3 TDs were fakes to him and the last one was a pass to him...something he's not gonna have in Detroit.

He had to make a read on the second one, and made the correct read. I think Smith is at least as good as Moreno.

I want to change my vote to other. I don't think any of these QB's are sure fire hits, why not pick up Mark Sanchez at a later spot.

I want to change my vote to other. I don't think any of these QB's are sure fire hits, why not pick up Mark Sanchez at a later spot.

Not a big fan of rapists as the face of the franchise.

I did suggest in another thread that maybe we sign a certain incarcerated animal ...umm..trainer..yeah animal trainer..to play QB..

It worked for the Pistons fine for many years, until he was traded to Denver earlier this year. Plus he wasn't actually convicted of it, and the charges were dropped almost immediately.

He had to make a read on the second one, and made the correct read. I think Smith is at least as good as Moreno.

A read? He was on him for over a second before he decided to throw to him, he was WIDE open...what read was there to make?

I disagree, he does a great job of looking off. Especially on that first TD pass. All three TD passes were beauties.

Can Matthew Stafford do no wrong in your book?

I don't think we should take a QB #1 overall, but I'm leaning toward Stafford. If he is taken #1, then the Dallas pick and 2-1 need to be O-linemen. Unfortunately, the defense will have to wait another year in this scenario, which is tough to consider.

Can't they take a DE with the first pick? what about that kid from Texas?

Stafford didn't look like someone who handled pressure very well. But it's just one game, maybe he looked better in other games.

Can't they take a DE with the first pick? what about that kid from Texas?

Stafford didn't look like someone who handled pressure very well. But it's just one game, maybe he looked better in other games.

I thought he was outstanding in the second half. It also looked like he had injured ribs. Orakpo is a good, but not great pass rusher. DE is deep in this draft, and he's not that far ahead of the others. Others to keep an eye on include Jerry Hughes, Larry English, Everette Brown, and Michael Johnson.

Can Matthew Stafford do no wrong in your book?

He struggled in the first half, but when it came down to it, he won the game for Georgia. He was huge.

I don't think we should take a QB #1 overall, but I'm leaning toward Stafford. If he is taken #1, then the Dallas pick and 2-1 need to be O-linemen. Unfortunately, the defense will have to wait another year in this scenario, which is tough to consider.

Are there any O-linemen worth considering for those two picks? I haven't heard much beyond the LTs and the high profile ones look like they'll all be gone by 20.

Are there any O-linemen worth considering for those two picks? I haven't heard much beyond the LTs and the high profile ones look like they'll all be gone by 20.

I would think the Lions would need some defensive help, eh? They need a big guy...either Raji or Cody at 20, and some corners or LB's in the second. I think they need to work on OL in free agency, and later in the draft.

I would think the Lions would need some defensive help, eh? They need a big guy...either Raji or Cody at 20, and some corners or LB's in the second. I think they need to work on OL in free agency, and later in the draft.

Beat me to the point. I think that's the strategy they should follow.

Huh? I looked all over and i cant find anything about Mark Sanchez raping anyone