THECATMAC

If the Lions do take a quarterback with the first pick.....

If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If the Lions do draft a QB with the first pick, which would you like to see them get?

• Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
    • Georgia QB Matt Stafford

Way too early to be having this discussion with any substance. Forget about workouts, combines, and personal interviews, they haven't even played their bowl games yet. Bradford hasn't announced if he's coming out or not.

Way too early to be having this discussion with any substance. Forget about workouts, combines, and personal interviews, they haven't even played their bowl games yet. Bradford hasn't announced if he's coming out or not.

Neither has Stafford. I wonder if they will sit there and not come out due to the Lions picking first or even pull a Eli Manning situation.

If one stays, the other would be smart to come out, but I think they will both will come out.

Tomorrow im going to be watching the Capital One Bowl to see Stafford and then Bradford in the Championship later in the week.

Neither has Stafford. I wonder if they will sit there and not come out due to the Lions picking first or even pull a Eli Manning situation.

If one stays, the other would be smart to come out, but I think they will both will come out.

Tomorrow im going to be watching the Capital One Bowl to see Stafford and then Bradford in the Championship later in the week.

Stafford has already said he will go to the team who picks him. I posted that article a couple of weeks ago.

If it's a QB, I say Stafford. He'll be more ready to play considering the offense he is in and has superior talent.

I picked Bradford simply because I think he'll pan out better when it's all said & done.

I do agree with the comment about it being way too early to choose though. Looking forward to seeing Stafford tomorrow because I really haven't actually gotten to see him play much at all.

I picked Bradford simply because I think he'll pan out better when it's all said & done.

I do agree with the comment about it being way too early to choose though. Looking forward to seeing Stafford tomorrow because I really haven't actually gotten to see him play much at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradford ends up better, I just think Stafford is a safer, but still very solid pick.

Agree with you on that. I anything but truth in saying Stafford would be the safer pick.

Stafford right now has the extra year of experience, and has the bigger build. I want to say Bradford has the mobility, but then Stafford seems to come back with the bigger arm.

I'm really just looking forward to seeing these upcoming games with both of them playing, and then if they come out, the combine.

Also, while I think most people underrate Big 12 defense, the SEC is still the best IMO.

I still wouldn't be surprised if people look at the 2009 draft in the same terms of the 1983 draft. We keep talking the 'fords, but there are several others that I honestly see as legit NFL starters.

I took Matt Stafford, because I think he's a better NFL QB, with Bradford the better college QB. Since we're talking about the PROs, I'll take Stafford.

I took Matt Stafford, because I think he's a better NFL QB, with Bradford the better college QB. Since we're talking about the PROs, I'll take Stafford.

Glad you've come to that realization considering neither has actually completed their college playing careers....

I went with Stafford, but at this time I wouldn't be disappointed if they took Bradford. My opinion could change after the bowls/combines, assuming both come out.

Glad you've come to that realization considering neither has actually completed their college playing careers...

Yeah, cause that ONE GAME is going to change my mind so much :tired:

At the college level and playing the college game, Bradford has shown me that he was the better college player. The PROs are not like college. It's why guys like Tim Tebow dominate at one and will struggle to find a position in the other. I just think that Stafford will end up being the better PRO QB.

Comparing Tebow to either one of these two is pretty ridiculous......Tebow's game is nothing like Stafford or Bradford's.

If you're going to say Bradford is a better college player than Stafford, but Stafford is going to be better in the NFL than Bradford, all I wonder is why? What really makes you think that Stafford is going to be the better QB than Bradford in the NFL?

Comparing Tebow to either one of these two is pretty ridiculous......Tebow's game is nothing like Stafford or Bradford's.

If you're going to say Bradford is a better college player than Stafford, but Stafford is going to be better in the NFL than Bradford, all I wonder is why? What really makes you think that Stafford is going to be the better QB than Bradford in the NFL?

I guess I could argue the same thing for Bradford? Why would you choose him?

The pluses for Stafford, for me include:

- Playing in the SEC

- Having to deal with pressure (could be combination of SEC defence and his line)

- the talk about hearing how he reads defenses

I could name pluses for Bradford as well, but it would kinda go against my argument for picking Stafford.

As an OU fan I am of course partial to Bradford. He can make all the throws, he is a 4.0 student which goes to show his work ethic, and anyone saying Stafford is a superior talent is just plain wrong. The two rubs on Bradford is that he hasn't faced a lot of pressure because he's played behind the best o-line in college football and that he wasn't highly regarded out of high school.

On the first point well watch the Florida game and see how he handles that. He will get pressure from the Gators. On him not being a 5 star HS talent, well he has a hoops player and spent his first two years in HS thinking he was going to get college paid for with hoops.

He needs to put on some weight and he isn't as physically ready as Stafford but he is very grounded, is a natural leader, and he is a book worm. Lions probably should draft Andre Smith and I'm not saying Bradford is the next Dan Marino but I'm not that all impressed with Stafford. Georgia has similar talent on offense with a better running game and Stafford struggled against opponents like South Carolina and Tennessee (puke) and completely shot blanks against Florida. He also will have weight problems IMO. Regardless of Bradford I think Stafford is going to be a bust but I've been wrong before.

With the quality at QB, one could argue that Smith could be the #1 pick and they could still land Stafford or Bradford at the Cowboys pick. I'd take Bradford and Smith over just Stafford.