DTroppens

Historical Tiger killers

I thought this may be a fun thread. I'm listening to an old Tiger game right now and the guy behind me just mentioned Kevin Youkilis and I mentioned Trot Nixon (the game we are listening to is a game against Boston).

But it got me to thinking about historical Tiger killers. For me one stuck out. I was a Lance Parrish fan and Dennis Lamp just killed him. He killed Tigers basically. It seemed no one could hit that guy.

So for me the one that sticks out is Dennis Lamp.

Anyone else have others to list? I'd like to keep it more to the past than the last 2-3 years but I guess you can list those as well.

Joe Crede, Josh Fields. Thats the only White Sox I can think off, I know when Mike Sweeney was in the AL Central with KC, he killed everyone in the division.

Roger Clemens was a Tiger killer. Jim Thome always seems to kill them.

Also, let me say Kelly Shoppach, who always seems to hit a HR in any game against the Tigers.

The most extreme example of a team killer I can think of is Randy Johnson, who has never lost to the Cubs, and has a seasons' worth of wins against them. Another one is Roy Oswalt, who is 22-1 against the Reds.

Jody Gerut had a year or two for Cleveland not too long ago, and way back (late 60's maybe) there was a guy who played third base for the Red Sox named Dalton Jones who sticks in my mind as someone who pretty much stunk but got some big hits against the Tigers. The Tigers eventually acquired him and he didn't do much, but at least he stopped getting key hits for the Red Sox.

A white guy from the AL central.
Joe Crede, Josh Fields. Thats the only White Sox I can think off, I know when Mike Sweeney was in the AL Central with KC, he killed everyone in the division.
Roger Clemens was a Tiger killer. Jim Thome always seems to kill them.

Also, let me say Kelly Shoppach, who always seems to hit a HR in any game against the Tigers.

The most extreme example of a team killer I can think of is Randy Johnson, who has never lost to the Cubs, and has a seasons' worth of wins against them. Another one is Roy Oswalt, who is 22-1 against the Reds.

We also can't forget Casey Blake, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, or that pesky Nick Punto.

Oh, and Pat Neshek.

Absolutely, I hate that freak. I've always wished that the Tigers would trade for him just so he'd stop killing us. Even with the injury this year I still fear him.

Ouch. This thread is depressing.
I have one even worse. David Eckstein.

Jose Lima (you didn't say it had to be an opponent)

Here's a good one - Carl Yastremski. He hit 65 home runs against Detroit,

36 of those at Tiger Stadium.

Jerry Bleeping Hairston

Wow - good memory on Mulliniks, he hit like George Brett against us.

Seems like Ernie Whitt usually fared well in his home town, come to think of it.