kzoonate

Matt Joyce traded to Rays for Edwin Jackson

Interesting. Not really sure what I think about this. I really like Joyce and I don't think Jackson is all that good, but I'll have to look into it a little bit more.

Wow didn't see this coming.

I've never been that impressed by Edwin, but that's just seeing a couple of his starts and going by my visual assessment.

I hate this move. Jackson stinks. Typical Tigers pitcher. Questionable control, and completely incapable of throwing quality strikes.

Awesome. And thank God we got rid of that bum Joyce too.

Dombrowski...idiot...ugh

They must have something else going on. Or maybe the plan is trade Jackson to another team. This could be the first leg of a three team deal.

I tend to reserve judgment most of the time with DD but this looks like a terrible deal. WTF??

Also, if this is true, this would tell me what I've suspected for a while - the Tigers don't value Joyce's potential nearly as much as many Tiger fans do.

I thought Jackson was a hard thrower, so I was a little surprised to see the awful K/9 this past season.

He throws plenty hard, but they tend to be meat balls.

This is an interesting move to say the least. Remember, Jackson was a closer prospect with the Dodgers. I am at least happy for Joyce. Tampa Florida is his hometown.

Every boy dreams of playing at home.

It's a pretty even trade. It just doesn't make sense for the Tigers. Jackson isn't nearly as bad as some people here are making it sound.