Del Baker 2

Bobo Newsom 1

Mark Fidrych 1

Hoot Evers 1

No votes

Germany Schaefer

Jim Delahanty

No one earned induction.

I think this is pretty cool. Certainly there are a few decent candidates, but it's fair to say everyone on that list isn't a slam dunk. I worried that people would use five votes for five votes sake and people didn't do that. Not saying there was anything wrong with using five votes - it just made sense that eventually people should see their numbers cut down because so many quality people are already in.

I would've liked to seen Barrett make it, but I have no issues if he has some more convincing to do to some people. If the argument never gets strong enough to get him in, I can live with that as well.

I voted for Maxwell but I was surprised to see him do so well. I thought Benton may do better than he did.

Barrett's big problem to me is that he was merely a good four-year player. The general consensus so far has been that you need to be great if four years is to be enough. I don't think Barrett was great, and didn't vote for him.

Certainly sets up an interesting election a year from now. Two candidates emerged from this class...can they get over the hump in '09? For the record, I didn't vote for either of them this time around.

For the record they were the only two I voted for. The other one I gave a hard look at was Al Benton.

Others I voted for in the past but am comfortable with them not being in the HOF now.....

Evans and Kemp

Looks like we may have missed one, maybe two ballots. My fault.

We'll update the results as soon as I can connect with Dave.

Of course some quick math will tell you that two votes can't change Barrett & Maxwell's fate this time around, but it's important that everybody be counted.

Sorry folks.

Siever, Benton, Maxwell, Kemp

I'll probably never vote for Barrett, and probably won't vote for Benton next year.

Siever, Benton, Maxwell, Kemp

I'll probably never vote for Barrett, and probably won't vote for Benton next year.

Siever, but not Barrett?

Siever had 4 solid years, his '02 191 ERA+ was in only 23 starts (and a poor '08)

- very similar "performance" in that respect to Barrett.

Just curious.

Siever, but not Barrett?

Siever had 4 solid years, his '02 191 ERA+ was in only 23 starts (and a poor '08)

- very similar "performance" in that respect to Barrett.

Just curious.

Upon further review, your point is valid. I wasn't going to vote for Siever, as he was borderline guy on the wrong side of the border. He was pushed over my border because Brian wanted him in and doesn't have a vote anymore.

The results are updated with the final two voters. We are sorry that happened. At least it didn't change the results. If two more voted and selected Barrett he was in.