Hongbit

Avery suspended for saying "Sloppy Seconds"

Avery suspended indefinitely by the NHL for uttering this quote about Flames Dion Phaneuf, who dates Avery's ex-girlfriend Elisha "Don't Call Me Alyssa" Cuthbert.

"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," Avery told the media. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds."

I had no idea this word was so ban worthy. ESPN wouldn't print it on the screen nor even say it on Sportscenter. They completely edited it down to say 'guys to fall in love with my [ex-girlfriend]. I don't get why this is suspension worthy considering all of the other things they've let him pull over the past couple of years. It's certainly not the classiest thing to say but it seems completely ridiculous to suspend him over it. Since when did saying "sloppy seconds" become such a vile, derogatory term.

Amazing...

“I completely support the league’s decision to suspend Sean Avery,” Stars owner Tom Hicks said in a statement. “Had the league not have suspended him, the Dallas Stars would have. This organization will not tolerate such behavior, especially from a member of our hockey team. We hold our team to a higher standard and will continue to do so.”

He said two words and that gets a "this organization will not tolerate such behavior". The pussification of America grows stronger each day.

Wow, talk about weak.....

I guess they just don't want to condone taking a low ball type shot at another player. Besides that, I couldn't agree more about the suspension being a joke. What a classic example of overreacting to something. Suspending a guy for pretty much stating the truth, and you're the only major sport that condones guys dropping gloves & throwing down in the middle of a game.......That's Weaksauce NHL.....

Amazing...

“I completely support the league’s decision to suspend Sean Avery,” Stars owner Tom Hicks said in a statement. “Had the league not have suspended him, the Dallas Stars would have. This organization will not tolerate such behavior, especially from a member of our hockey team. We hold our team to a higher standard and will continue to do so.”

He said two words and that gets a "this organization will not tolerate such behavior". The pussification of America grows stronger each day.

I'm pretty sure the Stars are happy to be rid of him, he's quite the locker room cancer apparently.

I'm pretty sure the Stars are happy to be rid of him, he's quite the locker room cancer apparently.

Agreed.......

Seems like a "excuse" to get him out of the locker room.

Even if its just for a few days....

Dion Phaneuf may be getting sloppy seconds but it's not Avery's junk he's cleaning up after, if you know what I mean.

You have to admit though.....Avery's right. For some reason, the past couple chicks he's been with, have ended up with other NHL guys. I think it's kind of funny he said that, and obviously he was just trying to push Phaneuf's buttons before tonights game.

damn... sloppy seconds.. I guess jail time is next if he uses the F word!

So, despite all of the on-ice things he's done that could've gotten him suspended, he finally pays the price for saying sloppy seconds?

Lame.

FOX needs to hire him as an extra on 24. Seeing him get killed by Jack Bauer would be awesome.

FOX needs to hire him as an extra on 24. Seeing him get killed by Jack Bauer would be awesome.

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I opened this thread. The only person who has a right to be offended is Miss Cuthbert, and if she is offended she should just pick up the phone and yell at him like other regular ex's do.

Don't know about you guys, but the idea of sloppy seconds with Elisha Cuthbert, not exactly torture..

Not torture at all.....except when she had that fugly haircut.

elisha_cuthbert_02a.jpg

You see, that haircut is grounds for suspension:cheeky: .....but saying sloppy seconds isn't.

Not torture at all.....except when she had that fugly haircut.

elisha_cuthbert_02a.jpg

You see, that haircut is grounds for suspension:cheeky: .....but saying sloppy seconds isn't.

Somehow I'm thinking the haircut would look awesome if she were naked.

Elisha Cuthbert trivia from TV.com:

Elisha was given the Stanley Cup (to look at and hold) as a present for her 21st birthday when on Last Call with Carson Daly

So Elisha has been closer to the Stanley Cup than either Avery or Phaneuf have been within the past five years.

Elisha Cuthbert trivia from TV.com:

So Elisha has been closer to the Stanley Cup than either Avery or Phaneuf have been within the past five years.

All because she's a hot, die hard hockey fan......

Why was he suspended? Because the term "Sloppy Seconds" is vile.

In a league with marketing trouble, its not a good idea to piss off every woman out there.