MotownWebGuy

Lions sign Henson to two-year contract

From the Detroit Free Press...

Henson, the two-sport phenom who played for Michigan, the Yankees and Cowboys, signed a two-year contract. The plan is for him for go through the Lions’ off-season and compete for a roster spot next season.

I thought this was a joke thread, and the Lions signed some other Henson to a two year deal, what logic is there in this, I can't figure it out.

There's value in a guy who you can cut to your practice squad every other week and have no fear of another team picking him up.

There's value in a guy who you can cut to your practice squad every other week and have no fear of another team picking him up.

No one was picking him up before the Lions anyway. :classic:

Yams>>Mashed Potatoes>>Stove Top Stuffing>>Nick Sheridan

:wink:

Stove Top Stuffing >> raw carrots >> week old jello that has hardened in your fridge >> Nick Sheridan

Well, they needed another healthy body...and it looks as if they will hold off on drafting a QB this season...which isn't a bad thing...build the trenches, which improves the running game and protections, then QB will be better option...Thursday is going to be an embarrassment.

With all the mention of food.

Rosie O'Donnell>>Nick Sheridan

Let's not get carried away here.

hey, he's not too far off

Rosie O'Donnell (QB-Sarah Lawrence)

Rosie has great size in the pocket and a real hunger for the game. However, her mobility is suspect and the former baseball player has definitely packed on some pounds. Her passion has been questioned and Rosie is so inconsistent that critics have often questioned which team she's playing for.

anyone want to fill me in on some of Hensons history with the Wolverines? I remember hearing that he wanted to play baseball or something, and Umich pushed him to play QB. And what's he have to do with John Navarre? whos got the scoop for me...

In recent years we've had Charlie Batch so we've had an EMU QB.

Let's see. I wonder what Chippewas' legend Jeff Bender is doing these days. He can't be older than 40?

This one I know! Dr. Jeff Bender is now practicing in St. Ignace, MI. He was the emergency room doctor at Gratiot Community Hostpital in Alma 7 years ago next month when my appendix ruptured. He helped save my life.

Unfortunently, He wouldn't be able to save the Lions this year. I think he is doing a whole lot more good where he is now. :)

http://www.vitals.com/doctor/profile/1881618205

anyone want to fill me in on some of Hensons history with the Wolverines? I remember hearing that he wanted to play baseball or something, and Umich pushed him to play QB. And what's he have to do with John Navarre? whos got the scoop for me...

He signed a contract with the Yankees for a few Million before he even started at Michigan. He split time with Brady for as long as I remember. The games were entertaining. Whenever one of the two was in, a portion of the crowd would be cheering that they wanted the other in. Brady eventually graduated and Steinbrenner supposedly offered Henson a bigger contract if he left football. So he did, forcing John Navarre into the fire as either a freshman or a sophmore, I don't exactly remember the entire thing anymore, its something like that though, I could easily be off on the time line a little here or there though.

This one I know! Dr. Jeff Bender is now practicing in St. Ignace, MI. He was the emergency room doctor at Gratiot Community Hostpital in Alma 7 years ago next month when my appendix ruptured. He helped save my life.

Unfortunently, He wouldn't be able to save the Lions this year. I think he is doing a whole lot more good where he is now. :)

http://www.vitals.com/doctor/profile/1881618205

That's a cool story. He was a real good guy when he was at CMU as well. He probably doesn't remember me because I just interviewed him upon occasion. We weren't friends. But you could tell he was just a good person.