sbcaptain2

2008-09 College Basketball Thread

Which Big 12 team plays Baylor will be the team I'm rooting for. Baylor is going to kill several teams fighting for a spot.

USC is doing the same thing in the pac 10. pretty much bottom of bubble to now close to beating ucla to go to pac 10 finals

What courage does it take to play OT in a basketball game. I've had days where I played eight hours of volleyball with maybe 60 minutes break between games. Probably not that much even because I never leave the court if a game can be had. I'm kind of known for that. Does that mean I have courage?

Courage is an overused cliche in sports, but with that said, anytime a player can log on so many minutes and play for so many hours like last night, that player should be commended. Those guys were struggling to breathe and move out there, and some guys actually fell down in the overtime. I think it was Flynn that fell down in one of those overtimes. Playing in one or two overtime is not really a big deal, but more than two is something to be commended.

USC is doing the same thing in the pac 10. pretty much bottom of bubble to now close to beating ucla to go to pac 10 finals

Damn! I can't stand UCLA, but I have to root for them here.

Penn State and Minnesota can not sleep easily until Sunday.

I will be shocked if USC and Baylor wins their tourney.

Digger Phelps is an absolute moron... an absolute complete idiot... I've got his post-game discussion recorded and am so tempted to go FJM on it.

You, Digger Phelps, are an absolute idiot. ESPN should be embarrassed to have you on their payroll spewing this "logic."

You should go to that site, and speak your mind.

Digger acted bored today. He did not seemed impressed with last night's game, and took some shots at Big 10 and basically everyone.

Purdue has one of the five best defensive teams in the country, Digger. They still won handily. Does it matter that it was pretty?

That said, E$PN (and it$ on-air retinue) ha$ been pretty cau$tic in many of their *****e$$ment$ of the B10 Conference, and it'$ $tarting to look a little iffy, imo. I wonder how much the B10 Network is affecting their "coverage".

I am a Big 10 fan, but I have to say that there are some mediocre Big 10 teams out there. There are times some of the games have not been watchable this year, and the Gophers have been involved in some of those games. I did not find the Minnesota/Michigan to be any exciting last week. I saw both teams struggling to run an offense.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/40325017.html?elr=KArks:DCiU1PciUoaEYY_4PcUU

Good job by Syracuse this evening in beating West Virginia in overtime.

I hope they win the Big East championship this evening.

Johnny, I think you just missed Illinois.

Johnny's 27 plus Illinois are my locks. Then out of the rest I like Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, and San Diego State as the safest bubble teams. Then Creighton, then Penn State. But I think a couple of USC/Baylor/SEC team will win bids and knock out Penn State and Creighton.

No team from a major conference with 20 wins and a .500 or better conference record and two wins in the conference tourney has ever been left out of the big dance. USC fits this qualification and should be in even if they lose tomorrow.

No team from a major conference with 20 wins and a .500 or better conference record and two wins in the conference tourney has ever been left out of the big dance. USC fits this qualification and should be in even if they lose tomorrow.

This will likely not be true after Sunday (Mississippi State).

Johnny, I think you just missed Illinois.

Johnny's 27 plus Illinois are my locks. Then out of the rest I like Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, and San Diego State as the safest bubble teams. Then Creighton, then Penn State. But I think a couple of USC/Baylor/SEC team will win bids and knock out Penn State and Creighton.

Thank you my mistake

No acc team had ever had a combined .500 or better acc record for 2 years with 20 wins 2 years in a row and make ncaa tourny neither year until a couple years ago, those past situations arent always locks for the present. Usc is going to have to keep an eye on the bid stealers because they are still right on the border imo

What kind of odds would you have given me in November if I had said the Atlantic 10 conference will have more teams dancing than the SEC?

Lunardi updated bracket math

Bubble (12 teams for 4 spots)

• IN (4, in S-Curve order): San Diego State, Creighton, Maryland, Saint Mary's

Bold = Last Four In

• OUT (8, in S-Curve order): Penn State, Arizona, Auburn, Southern California, New Mexico, UNLV, Florida, Tulsa

Bold = First Four Out

I think something like 7 of the top 10 RPI have lost in their first/second game of their conference tourney. Memphis won (...), Duke is still a possibility to lose, Louisville, and Missouri. So I guess it was actually 6 of the top 10, but Duke hasn't played their semifinal game yet. Five of the top 6.

Apparently, we're all resting up for the NCAA tournament............

Can somebody explain why Dayton is a lock?

RPI is 30, 3-2 vs. RPI top 50, 8-4 vs. RPI top 100. They're a lock the same way that, say, Michigan, Boston College, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are "locks" - they're the 26-30th best at large teams.

RPI is 30, 3-2 vs. RPI top 50, 8-4 vs. RPI top 100. They're a lock the same way that, say, Michigan, Boston College, Minnesota, and Wisconsin and Memphis are "locks" - they're the 26-30th best at large teams.

Helped you there :wink:

What kind of odds would you have given me in November if I had said the Atlantic 10 conference will have more teams dancing than the SEC?

anyone?