Ranger

Ohio State vs. Michigan 2008 Game Thread

Minor and Brown have always shown a lot of potential - they just had problems holding onto the ball. I don't think the success they are having now comes much of a shock to anyone who watched them play over the last two years. It is still weird why these two weren't RR go-to-guys from the start of the season.

McGuffie is not a Big Ten RB.

Also you cannot compare Beanie's Freshman year to McGuffie's. Beanie was only a situational back - mostly brought in for short yardage plays like 3rd and 1 or 2. He broke a couple long runs but majority of the time the defense knew what was coming - run up the middle - and stacked the box and Beanie usually still got the yards needed for the first.

Michigan needs to look to Michael Shaw as their future - not McGuffie.

You all need to get a life and realize that there are much more important things going on than the Michigan-Ohio State game. Like the economy for one.

You all need to get a life and realize there are more important things than Sam McGuffie, Zion Babb, and Artis Chambers transferring.

Who didn't see that coming?

Count me as one who didn't see it coming, or maybe am skeptical of it would be better. I will believe it when I see Sam McGuffie enrolled at another school (or not enrolled at UofM). I am guessing there are probably 10 players every year that tell the coaches they are thinking of transferring. Based on the fact that McGuff seems to be in a tough spot right now (death in family, pissed for being called out, injured, terrible team, etc.) so who knows if he's thought it all the way through. Call me naive or just plain stupid, but I'll believe this when I see it finalized.

Oh by the way, off the top of my head, other Wolverines that talked to the coaches about transferring: Chris Perry and Tom Brady. It happens.

Michigan needs to look to Michael Shaw as their future - not McGuffie.

This is true. Shaw is going to be 10x better than McGuffie.

Shaw has the one thing McGuffie will never have: speed.

Shaw has the one thing McGuffie will never have: speed.

McGuffie ran the 40 in the 4.3s at UM. Is that not speed? This figure is coming directly from a trainer on the team who is assigned to the running backs. Just a little FYI.

McGuffie certainly does not lack speed. The problem with him is, once he gets hit he is down and rarely breaks tackles. He lacks size and muscle. He needs a year or two in a college weight lifting program to add 10-20 lbs of muscle.

McGuffie ran the 40 in the 4.3s at UM. Is that not speed? This figure is coming directly from a trainer on the team who is assigned to the running backs. Just a little FYI.

When he runs close to that in a football game, you let me know.

Shaw blows McGuffie out of the water.

Look, I don't think that Ranger is right that McGuffie isn't a Big Ten caliber player. He certainly could play in the Big Ten and certainly could play for Michigan, but he doesn't play fast.

Michael Shaw, on the other hand, is ****ing lightning fast.

When he runs close to that in a football game, you let me know.

Shaw blows McGuffie out of the water.

Look, I don't think that Ranger is right that McGuffie isn't a Big Ten caliber player. He certainly could play in the Big Ten and certainly could play for Michigan, but he doesn't play fast.

Michael Shaw, on the other hand, is ****ing lightning fast.

I wasn't disputing anything about Michael Shaw, I like him a lot and am looking forward to watching him for the next three years. I was merely giving you some info on McGuffie's speed, because saying he lacks it is false.

If Michigan finds a way to win this game... OSU will never ever ever hear the end of it.

I'm not too worried. Same story as the whole season so far.. we're playing with house money. Let's have fun and see what happens.

Not to speak for Ranger, but my interpretation of what he said about McGuff not being a Big Ten back is that he, in Ranger's opinion, isn't a Big Ten type running back, not that he thought he isn't Big Ten Caliber.

mgoblog says Mcguffie will be transferring.

http://mgoblog.com/content/sam-mcguffie-others-leaving-team

Well, he's got 4 more sources that McGuffie is gone.

http://mgoblog.com/content/unverified-panic-oh-god-panic

I think it's a safe bet that next year there won't be a short skinny white boy pretending to be a running back wearing the corn and blue next year.

Ranger and fellow buckeye fans; are you at all nervous about this game? Not that you should be, but my friend down here -- buckeye fan -- was more confident in the week before the #1 v #2 game, it's making me rather laugh. He is like, no .. we win games like that, we lose these games!

lol .. dude, that said -- GO BLUE, and make it quick little guy in a boy's vest, make it quick.

I wasn't disputing anything about Michael Shaw, I like him a lot and am looking forward to watching him for the next three years. I was merely giving you some info on McGuffie's speed, because saying he lacks it is false.

I've never seen that speed.

And anyone who says Sam McGuffie runs a 4.3 40 is lying to you. No offense, but that's world class sprinter speed, that's Deion Sanders speed, that's first round NFL wide receiver speed. There is no way in hell Sam McGuffie runs that fast.

As for your interpretation of ranger, I believe he was saying McGuffie isn't a big ten caliber running back. I think Ranger thinks McGuffie isn't that good. I don't agree that he isn't good, but I also think he's very overrated.

I was impressed with the way he bounced off of some hits in the Notre Dame game, but Notre Dame isn't very good on defense.

Again, Michael Shaw is the kid to watch.

Losing McGuffie is disappointing, but Michigan has lots of quality running backs.

Ranger and fellow buckeye fans; are you at all nervous about this game? Not that you should be, but my friend down here -- buckeye fan -- was more confident in the week before the #1 v #2 game, it's making me rather laugh. He is like, no .. we win games like that, we lose these games!

Who isn't nervous before a rivalry game?

As for your interpretation of ranger, I believe he was saying McGuffie isn't a big ten caliber running back. I think Ranger thinks McGuffie isn't that good. I don't agree that he isn't good, but I also think he's very overrated.

McGufffie might be good at a different position but he isn't good at running back. And yes he isn't a Big Ten caliber running back - frankly he's extremely undersized to absorb the beating a Big Ten (hell, any BCS school) running back takes in the season.

Honestly who really thinks McGuffie could go an entire season getting say 20-25 carries a game? He isn't always going to be running out in open space and get caught by shoe string tackles - he's going get smoked on most hits.

It could be worse for Michigan.

Washington is the only team in FBS without a win at 0-10.

Washington plays at 1-10 Washington State this weekend.

It could be worse for Michigan.

Washington is the only team in FBS without a win at 0-10.

Washington plays at 1-10 Washington State this weekend.

Or even worse: you could be from Ohio.