Deleterious

[Rumor] Gerald Wallace on the block?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20081107#STORY_13645

Multiple NBA sources have confirmed that Charlotte moving Gerald Wallace is imminent, but Pro Basketball News has yet to learn of a definitive destination at this time.

The Bobcats have apparently talked about Wallace's long-term value to the franchise (he signed a six-year, $57 million extension in July of 2007) and decided that they would be better suited allocating such a significant salary to somebody else.

Who? Word is we'll know much sooner than later.

Yahoo! Sports reported in late October that Michael Jordan was talked out of trading Wallace in the offseason, but four games have apparently been enough to convince head coach Larry Brown that the Bobcats can afford to part with Wallace.

Golden State would be an ideal destination for Wallace, who would fit right in with the Warriors' up-and-down style. Forward Al Harrington, who has fallen out of favor with head coach Don Nelson and demanded a trade that he's been told will be granted at some point, is owed $19.3 million through next season ($9.3 this year and $10 next at player option) and would be the ideal pawn in a deal.

Considering New York has also been tied as a possible destination for Harrington, the fact the Knicks have Eddy Curry collecting dust also makes them a potential partner in a multiple-team deal.

Pro Basketball News has also been hearing since preseason that the Portland Trail Blazers have been seeking out teams for a blockbuster move as well, with no one outside of Greg Oden, LaMarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy considered untouchable.

There are rumors that Charlotte has also been said to have grown displeased with the inconsistent play of Raymond Felton and is also ready to pull the plug on Adam Morrison, so a massive shakeup could be in the works.

Post here since so many want him in a Piston uniform.

He's a versatile player but I think his contract hinders our new-found cap flexibility. And really, Tayshaun can do everything Gerald Wallace does. Wallace kind of strike me as Ricky Davis light.

Wallace is way better then Ricky Davis, and I think he's better then Tayshaun too, and he is still getting better, couple of years young then Tayshaun and locked up to a similar bargain contract. His biggest issue is that he's hurt all the time. If they want to trade him that would be great. The other bit about Portland is silly, they are open to trading anyone on the team, except their players of value, nice.

I'm really not in favor of picking up any long term deals until after the 2010 offseason. If a Gerald Walace acquisition kept the Pistons from getting someone like James, Bosh, or someone else who's obviously superior to Wallace, that would be a killer. Joe seems like he has everything planned out though, and I doubt he would do anything to mess up the cap situation.

I'm really not in favor of picking up any long term deals until after the 2010 offseason. If a Gerald Walace acquisition kept the Pistons from getting someone like James, Bosh, or someone else who's obviously superior to Wallace, that would be a killer. Joe seems like he has everything planned out though, and I doubt he would do anything to mess up the cap situation.

Well, I imagine any trade for Wallace would involve Prince, and Prince is signed through 2011 anyway, they would save a slight bit with G Wallace over Prince. It's silly anyway to pass up players for 2 offseasons down the road, look how well it has been working out for Atlanta/Chicago/Memphis these past few years.

Wallace is way better then Ricky Davis, and I think he's better then Tayshaun too, and he is still getting better, couple of years young then Tayshaun and locked up to a similar bargain contract. His biggest issue is that he's hurt all the time. If they want to trade him that would be great. The other bit about Portland is silly, they are open to trading anyone on the team, except their players of value, nice.

Sharpe will be better than Wallace and a lot cheaper too.

Wow................seriously? You have got to be kidding me.

Correction, Sharpe may possibly in the wildest projections at some point in the future be better then Gerald Wallace. He was a 2nd round draft pick, you think 30 GM's missed the boat on this guy? He's a project, most NBA projects fail.

Gerald Wallace is not better than Tayshaun Prince.

Well, it's hard to say, Tayshaun Prince shut him down the other night, just like Prince destroyed Iguodala last year. If you asked around the NBA, I think most would neutrals would take Wallace, and Wallace wouldn't get pushed around quite as bad as Prince by the likes of Prince/James. Of course, Prince is very reliable and hasn't had the injury problems that Wallace has, it wouldn't matter to me, because I think Prince could be a lot better player then he shows on the Pistons if he was the main man.

Well, I imagine any trade for Wallace would involve Prince, and Prince is signed through 2011 anyway, they would save a slight bit with G Wallace over Prince. It's silly anyway to pass up players for 2 offseasons down the road, look how well it has been working out for Atlanta/Chicago/Memphis these past few years.

Good point on Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis. Next offseason for Dumars is going to be one of the toughest ever for any GM. Does he resign Iverson and Wallace, go after a big name like Marvin Williams or Carlos Boozer, or wait a year and hold out for Bosh?

Good point on Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis. Next offseason for Dumars is going to be one of the toughest ever for any GM. Does he resign Iverson and Wallace,
No Chance!