redshark63

Virgil Vasquez claimed by Red Sox

No big deal here, some people have spring cleaning were just doing some fall cleaning. As far as this move hurting team deep, we have a boatload of similar pitchers:Lambert/Bonine/Bazardo (If he resigns) and even Tata...plus, Virgil Vasquez's are a dime a dozen on the waiver wires.

It might happen, maybe not in his "first" start ..but the first time he does have a great game, you know John as well as I do, that someone will start a thread about it! :)

Yeah, I suppose you are correct. I promise I won't though! :wink:

Actually they are on the 60 day DL and aren't counting against the 40 man at the moment so you do need to add them back in.

I already have, for my calculation.

So... Vasquez has since been claimed by San Diego (as reported in other threads). Not to stop there, he's recently been DFA'd by San Diego. If the Tigers view somebody like Mike Hessman as expendable, they could bring him back on board.

I dont think they will considering they just DFA'd Bonine. It seems like earlier this offseason they valued Bonine more then VV so why now after they DFA'd Bonine over Hessman, would they get rid of Hessman when they could of removed him over Bonine?