16. wingedwheel - 2

17. drownwithyou - 1

17. sagnam - 1

17. ben9753 - 1

17. EatEmUpTigers711 - 1

21. Dawgs - 0

21. wingnut736 - 0

If you ai'nt first, you're last.

EDIT: Might as well use this space for something useful.

Standings: after Round 2.

1 Hongbit 15

2 Shinma 11

3 dadair6 10

4 Greenwit 9

4 BigDom 9

6 donny1351 8

6 TigerPride8301 8

6 Walt 8

9 sbcaptain2 6

9 wanker 6

9 DGTigers 6

12 El Gato Pollo Loco 4

12 lesgoblu02 4

14 jonjd 3

14 DenniSDubay 3

16 wingedwheel 2

17 drownwithyou 1

17 sagnam 1

17 ben9753 1

17 EatEmUpTigers711 1

21 Dawgs 0

21 wingnut736 0

Let me know if something looks incorrect. Either post or PM.

If you ai'nt first, you're last.

Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Oh yeah, that just happened.

Oh yeah, that just happened.

Probably my second favorite quote of the movie (First being the peeing excellence) ...

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Shake and bake!

Ricky Bobby: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!

Jean Girard: Is that a catchphrase or epilepsy?

Sorry. I'll stop.

You don't have to stop. The standings will be updated in the first post all season. Just thought it was funny that the thread was hijacked in post #2.

Do number of points scored com into account? I think that would be a good way for people to get the "bonus" points that they have been clamoring for in the other thread. Just spit ballin'.

Do number of points scored com into account? I think that would be a good way for people to get the "bonus" points that they have been clamoring for in the other thread. Just spit ballin'.

It'd be a lot of work, for a simple,fun game like this. I was just bustin' Lesgo a bit, just having fun ... i'm thinking i'm just getting on peoples nerves, apparently.

You don't have to stop. The standings will be updated in the first post all season. Just thought it was funny that the thread was hijacked in post #2.

Post #2 was in reference to the standings. I lay all hijacking credit squarely on the shoulders of Dennis.:ponder:

Being a caffeine saturated grad student, my favorite is in my current sig.

Post #2 was in reference to the standings. I lay all hijacking credit squarely on the shoulders of Dennis.:ponder:

Being a caffeine saturated grad student, my favorite is in my current sig.

Wasn't "If you aint first, your last" something Ricky's daddy said all the time?

Wasn't "If you aint first, your last" something Ricky's daddy said all the time?

Yeah, but he didn't mean it.

I was saying it in response to having 15 people in first and 2 in 17th place.

Yeah, but he didn't mean it.

I was saying it in response to having 15 people in first and 2 in 17th place.

Yes, but you fed the thread terrorist which led directly to his hijacking.

Again, I'm just bustin chops. It's funny. This can be a trash talking thread. The standings will forever be in the first post.

I'm a thread terrorist? Yikes.

"A terrifying.... terrorist.... Silence! I kill you~!"

I'm a thread terrorist? Yikes.

Have you been associated with Obama?

Nevermind, don't answer that.

I'm going to need a volunteer to run this for a week or so in November. I am getting married on the 15th and will be in Jamaica starting the 17th thru the 23rd. Let me know if you are interested.

Also, would it be a good idea to give an extra point for goals and up the points for winning a round to 5? I don't really want to give extra points for multiple point games but I am willing to explore giving 2 for a goal and 1 for an assist. Any input would be appreciated. I

I'm going to need a volunteer to run this for a week or so in November. I am getting married on the 15th and will be in Jamaica starting the 17th thru the 23rd. Let me know if you are interested.

Also, would it be a good idea to give an extra point for goals and up the points for winning a round to 5? I don't really want to give extra points for multiple point games but I am willing to explore giving 2 for a goal and 1 for an assist. Any input would be appreciated. I

I suppose I can volunteer as penance for feeding the thread terrorist.

I think how it is is fine, but I'm not going to complain either way obviously.

I only like the idea of giving 5 points per round if there is more than 1 point per game. Otherwise it's a bit too much I think.

At first I was going to say I liked the idea of 2 for goals and 1 for assists, but I'm not sure I like the idea of getting 2 points for picking a guy that gets 1 goal and 2 points for a guy that gets a goal and an assist. Maybe if the scoring was 1 point for one or more assists and 2 points for one or more goals, for a maximum of 3 points in a given game. Actually, the more I think about it I really like that idea.

Another rule I think you should adopt is that there can be exactly one winner each round, and if all the remaining people for a given round get eliminated in the same game then the round ends with no winner and no bonus points. That way people who stay alive benefit by getting the opportunity to amass more points, but they don't get the reward for winning a round unless they are truly the only one left standing.

I only like the idea of giving 5 points per round if there is more than 1 point per game. Otherwise it's a bit too much I think.

At first I was going to say I liked the idea of 2 for goals and 1 for assists, but I'm not sure I like the idea of getting 2 points for picking a guy that gets 1 goal and 2 points for a guy that gets a goal and an assist. Maybe if the scoring was 1 point for one or more assists and 2 points for one or more goals, for a maximum of 3 points in a given game. Actually, the more I think about it I really like that idea.

Another rule I think you should adopt is that there can be exactly one winner each round, and if all the remaining people for a given round get eliminated in the same game then the round ends with no winner and no bonus points. That way people who stay alive benefit by getting the opportunity to amass more points, but they don't get the reward for winning a round unless they are truly the only one left standing.

First para:

I agree

2nd Para:

In my system, the max points would be 2. If a player gets a goal and an assist, he gets the 2 points for the goal. If a player gets 4 assists, he gets 1 point. If a player gets 4 goals, he gets 2 points.

3rd para:

The original plan was to just keep going until there was a winner, but your plan may make the overall game better. It would speed up the rounds and keep people interested longer.

Let me mull this over. I will have an answer after tonights game.

The next question will be does this start immediately or would you back calculate the first few games or just start a new scoring next round.

I like the max points as you described Les. It rewards for having a goal, but still makes your best chance of winning to stay alive long enough to accumulate more points. A goal is less common than an assist generally, so an extra point is probably warranted.