DTroppens

Pudge - HOF

Just curious to see where he stands on some of our HOF people's ballots when he does get on it.

I know what my preliminary stance is, but I'll be interested to see how much "love" he gets from some. I know he's credited for being the first star to come here to change this team. I know he had some decent offensive seasons and one outstanding year and as a catcher that's decent. I know he was a great defensive catcher. I know he was on the 2006 team. But I also know he wasn't the same guy that we saw in the 1990s or early 2000s and hardly was a dominating force at the plate with the Tigers.

Just thought I'd throw this out here to see what people thought if they want to discuss this right now.

He belongs. His leap of faith revitalized the whole organization. It let other free agents know that the Tigers were going to play the game as it's being played in the 21st century.

His signing also lit up this board for a week.

Todd Jones is closer than Pudge in my view. Pudge get's too much credit for this team's resurgence. He's in the Goose Goslin/Heine Manush teir of players who did a lot more for other teams.

He belongs. His leap of faith revitalized the whole organization.

He followed the money. He probably heard the offer from the Tigers and agreed, and then the next morning asked which team it was that he signed to play with.

He followed the money. He probably heard the offer from the Tigers and agreed, and then the next morning asked which team it was that he signed to play with.

He still could've said "no". If he followed the money, so be it. At his age as a ballplayer, that's what he should've followed.

Todd Jones is closer than Pudge in my view. Pudge get's too much credit for this team's resurgence. He's in the Goose Goslin/Heine Manush teir of players who did a lot more for other teams.

This is my view as well.

Lighting up a message board for a week doesn't get it for me. I think that's what may help him actually - some sort of emotional argument about his value. And it's an argument that's hard to equate.

I am with Edman with my views.

Todd Jones - I'm thinking he'll get my vote. Not 100 percent sure on that, but if you sit down and look at his record, I'm thinking it's going to suggest he's much more a lock in than I would initially want to say he is.

Lighting up a message board for a week doesn't get it for me. I think that's what may help him actually - some sort of emotional argument about his value. And it's an argument that's hard to equate.

I am with Edman with my views.

Todd Jones - I'm thinking he'll get my vote. Not 100 percent sure on that, but if you sit down and look at his record, I'm thinking it's going to suggest he's much more a lock in than I would initially want to say he is.

Todd Jones will depend on other people. I don't believe he belongs in, but believe he belongs on the VC ballot at some point. If I sense he has a lot of momentum, I won't vote for him, but if I sense he needs the help to stay alive I will. I know that's not the intent of this, but I think that's how I'm going to treat Todd.

Bear in mind Pudge won't be on the ballot until he retires. There's still a chance he'll come back at some point.

The guy was just a butthole when he was here. Combative with players, combative with management / front office, combative with strike zone discipline. He was exciting to watch from time to time, but if it's Jones or Pudge then it's Jonesycakes all the way.