Sign in to follow this  
thunderhead

Any way to watch old tigers games?

Just wondering for something to do over the winter. Im talking older games anything from cobb up to fielder and everything inbetween. Doesn't look like you can search mlb vids without subscribing.

thanks

DVDs VCR?

I know you aren't going to have stuff from 1960 or anything like that, but if you start this year and on you'll be surprised how quick 10 years goes and you end up with a deep collection.

For quite awhile, I didn't have a TV. I gave my last one (a 19 inch TV/VCR combo that I'd had for 10 years) to a friend when I moved back up here in March '06. A woman I work with thought it was crazy that I don't have a TV, so she gave me an extra she had laying around, a 13-inch TV/VCR combo. Right on, I thought.

I didn't have anything going on the other day, and I was jonesing for some Tigers baseball (believe it or not) so I thought I'd pop in a videotape of one of the games I'd taped in the late '90s. (I lived out of MI between '97 and '06, so being able to see a Tigers game on TV was a rare treat. I'd always tape the games and keep the tape if they won the game.) I was looking forward to seeing some game action from old Tiger Stadium again.

Wouldn't ya know it? The VCR won't play videotapes for some reason! D'oh!!!!

For quite awhile, I didn't have a TV. I gave my last one (a 19 inch TV/VCR combo that I'd had for 10 years) to a friend when I moved back up here in March '06. A woman I work with thought it was crazy that I don't have a TV, so she gave me an extra she had laying around, a 13-inch TV/VCR combo. Right on, I thought.

I didn't have anything going on the other day, and I was jonesing for some Tigers baseball (believe it or not) so I thought I'd pop in a videotape of one of the games I'd taped in the late '90s. (I lived out of MI between '97 and '06, so being able to see a Tigers game on TV was a rare treat. I'd always tape the games and keep the tape if they won the game.) I was looking forward to seeing some game action from old Tiger Stadium again.

Wouldn't ya know it? The VCR won't play videotapes for some reason! D'oh!!!!

I've been going through my VCR tapes and getting them on DVDs. A lot of what I've been recording has been in the late 1990s for a variety of sports recently. I started with the 2006 postseason stuff for the Tigers and the last game at Tiger Stadium. I had a few select games I knew I had to get on DVD quickly (like the Lions-Jets game that the Lions qualify for the playoffs, Reggie Brown gets hurt and Barry gets his 2,000) but after those select about 20 games, I've just been picking up a VCR tape and taping whatever is on it. I figure if I do all the NBA Finals games quickly (for example), I may quit when it's all 2003 Tigers tapes. I've enjoyed watching the games again. I have a tendency to keep more wins, so I see a distorted view of the team a bit, but I make sure not to erase all the losses either. I figure if you do rid yourself of all those games, then if I am watching a Tigers' game that they are losing 6-1, I already know they are going to come back. That takes half of the fun out of it. So I do have some games when the team gets blown out as well. It always feels a tad bit wierd when that's the next game I tape and not an Indiana Pacer vs. Pistons playoff game (for example). On Saturday I had a Lions tape that had two Lions blowouts on it. They are among the first 2% of games I have DVDd. Hey, you have to keep your collection honest.