I just read that DickRod is lying to Gardner, that he'll never take a snap at QB. They're going to put him on defense as either a S or LB :sad:

Hello!!! That pretty much goes without saying. And yes, sad indeed...

I just read that DickRod is lying to Gardner, that he'll never take a snap at QB. They're going to put him on defense as either a S or LB :sad:

:laugh:

As Michigan illustrated last year, its always good to have depth at the QB position.

The roster has three young, talented QB's already. How many more kids do you think would sign with no chance to play QB? Depth is one thing but 5 quarterbacks makes everyone a little uncomfortable.

If MSU really needs "depth" that badly, I am sure UM would trade you Sheridan for a bag of footballs.

Don't know if these commits have been posted or not, but over the weekend the Wolverines received verbals from WR DJ Williamson out of Warren, OH and LB Antonio Kinard out of Youngstown, OH (same school as incoming freshmen Toussaint and Isaiah Bell)

http://www.freep.com/article/20090325/SPORTS06/90324077/?imw=Y

Looks like MSU's prize recruit is starting to look at the wolverines.

And Will Campbell took an official to MSU....are recruiting visits really a shock to you?

I'm much more concerned about him getting an OSU offer than I am about him committing to Michigan. I get the impression that he wants to be a Buckeye in the worst way (he even posts on buckeyeplanet). But god only knows why he doesn't have an OSU offer right now....

For some reason, I never came across the fact that Kyle Prater is a 5* player, #1 WR, and 10th overall. Wow.

Also interesting that Gardner and Bolden are ranked pretty much identically, for all intents and purposes (77th overall vs. 83rd overall). Boisture comes in at 209, and 3*'s.

And Will Campbell took an official to MSU....are recruiting visits really a shock to you?

I'm much more concerned about him getting an OSU offer than I am about him committing to Michigan. I get the impression that he wants to be a Buckeye in the worst way (he even posts on buckeyeplanet). But god only knows why he doesn't have an OSU offer right now....

Not a shock to me, but you post about them, why can't I? I just thought I would pass the info along to UM fans, like you continue to pass along info to MSU fans.

Not a shock to me, but you post about them, why can't I? I just thought I would pass the info along to UM fans, like you continue to pass along info to MSU fans.

Haha yeah.....someone polish up this guy's halo :laugh:

I've always heard that these lists punish players that commit early, because there is less drama around them (which means less news for the premium site)

Seems to be true with regards to Ricardo Miller. Committed to Michigan but offers from Florida, Miami, LSU, and Tennessee. I think he'd be a 5 star / top 100 if he hadn't committed early.

I like the star watch, as it makes following recruiting more interesting .. but when you look at some people, and what stars they were, it's funny.

Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford were both 3 STAR QBs.

Free (different) fluff piece on Lewis:

Michigan State Head Coach Mark Dantonio wants to continue the tradition of the Spartans having great wide receivers. No school in NCAA History has had receivers catch more passes in the NFL the last 25 years than Michigan State University. One of the players the coaching staff is focused on for the class of 2010 is Rivals100 selection DyJuan Lewis of Pike High School in Indianapolis. SpartanMag.com spoke with the 6-foot-3, 190-pound wideout last night and got the latest.

Lewis has had a busy past few months. He has been hitting several college campuses for junior days and picking up scholarship offers along the way. Lewis was in East Lansing earlier this month and we asked him if the Spartans are one of the teams that offered him a scholarship?

"Yes, they are," he said. "I now have 10 offers.

In addition to Michigan State, schools such as Iowa, Purdue, Kentucky, Colorado and Indiana have also offered Lewis. Rivals.com recently came out with their initial rankings and Lewis cracked the top 100 at #93 and is rated a 4-star recruit.

SpartanMag.com asked Lewis what he liked about Michigan State when he visited.

"I liked the coaching staff," he said. "I like the way they let the wide receivers have freedom and the offensive play-calling impressed me."

Lewis is one of the best in the Midwest for 2010

The Spartan offense is predicated on using the the run to set up big plays in the passing game. Despite the presence of a player like Javon Ringer, the Spartan passing attack accounted for nearly 6000-yards the first two seasons under Coach Dantonio. Wide receiver Devin Thomas shattered nearly every Spartan single-season pass receiving record in the book in Dantonio's first season at Michigan State.

Lewis has excelled at traditional powerhouse Pike High School. He caught over 80 passes the past two seasons for the Red Devils. Lewis is not only a big target, but he can stretch the field as well. With that said, one of the reasons the Spartans apparently like him so much is he also takes pride in doing the little things that make wide receivers great, like blocking.

Despite the high-level of early interest from some tremendous program, Lewis is not in a hurry to make his choice. He informed Rivals.com that he plans on using the next few months to check out spring practices and stop into several of the schools that are showing him the most interest.

Look for Michigan State to try and get Lewis back on campus this spring and summer. You can be sure they would like to have him come up for a day of camp during June. That is when the Spartans hold their Elite Prospect Camp. Even though Lewis already has a Spartan offer, Coach Dantonio likes players to come up and work with their position coach to develop a better sense of rapport.

SpartanMag.com scouted Lewis while attending the U.S, Army All-American Combine in San Antonio back in January. Lewis showed very good speed at the combine, clocking a 4.65 forty on a slow turf. He also showed the ability to go up and get the ball in one-on-one drills. He was selected one of the top wide receivers at the event.

Look for more on Lewis and his recruitment in the coming weeks.

http://michiganstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=924759

No school in NCAA History has had receivers catch more passes in the NFL the last 25 years than Michigan State University.

Poorly written sentence... Can anyone else remember other wide receivers from these 2 schools?

Michigan State - 3146

Muhsin Muhammad 807

Derrick Mason 790

Andre Rison 743

Plaxico Burres 505

Mark Ingram 265

Charles Rogers....36

Devin White

Ohio State alumni 3122

Chris Carter 1101

Joey Galloway 682

Terry Glenn 593

David Boston 315

Mike Jenkins 185

Santonio Holmes 156

Ted Ginn Jr. 90

MSU: Devin Thomas (I think thats what you meant by Devin White), although his contributions thus far may be zero. Take that sentence to mean any number of things. His career receptions are 15.

Also, Gene Washington (182 NFL receptions).

The guy who owned a lot of the MSU receiving records was actually Kirk Gibson. Supposedly was pretty good at baseball though, so never saw the NFL.

Hawkins had 366 NFL receptions.