waffel

Roy Williams - "I think this place is cursed."

If they can get a high draft pick for him they should trade him. Obviously the man doesn't want to be here (Not like I blame him).

No, the players do not need to shut up and play football. This offense is horrible and it needs to be said.As a matter of fact, any player who doesn't say anything is as guilty as Millen.

You really think they are all going to stand up and say "I suck!". Everyone of those clowns looks in the mirror and sees a future pro-bowler.

I agree Roy should shut up, but how much he talks has nothing to do with his value as a player. There is a difference between liking a guy and appreciating his value as a player.

Nope, but they should say the scheme sucks. Not only does the team lack talent, but it also lack the intelligent leadership to maximize the limited talent it does have.

Roy should speak up, he has talent and the overall talent of all the guys at his position isn't being used properly. Dominic Riaola should keep his mouth shut because he and the other offensive linemen are of the major reasons this offense sucks so bad.

I don't blame Roy at all. Detroit sucks to play football in, the city sucks to live in. He's also from Texas and I'm sure he'd give anything to play for the Cowboys. Awesome team, also QB, a sweet-*** new stadium being built for next year with sweet-*** clubhouses. I mean hell, can you really blame him for wanting to get the hell out of Detroit?

Here's a newsflash. This team is filled with crummy players and crummy attitudes. The new GM guy needs to completely start from scratch. Get rid of EVERYONE - including Williams. Treat this like a complete expansion team.

Like Chuck Noll told the Steelers when he arrived - only about five of you can play football, and the rest of you are going to be gone.

I think 5 is too optimistic an estimate for the Lions.

Rod Marinelli did that, look how good this team is. Giving Shawn Rogers/Dre Bly away, the only two defensive playmakers the team had. The Lions need more malcontents and whiners on the team rather then good guys.

Shut up, run your patterns hard, block, and catch the ball when it's thrown to you. Simple formula, Roy. It's not a curse, it's not the offense, just look in the mirror. Quit trying to be coach or GM and play WR. Dominic Raiola said it best yesterday in the News or Freep and I'm paraphrasing "Our players need to shut up and play football instead of complaining about the offense".

Even if Roy does everything right, the Lions will lose.

Rod Marinelli did that, look how good this team is. Giving Shawn Rogers/Dre Bly away, the only two defensive playmakers the team had. The Lions need more malcontents and whiners on the team rather then good guys.

Newsflash:

Dre Bly still sucks.

What exactly are Bly and Rodgers doing that's so terrific that had we kept them, we wouldn't be 0-3? Shawn has 1.5 sacks and Bly has zero INT's.

They're missed. We were losers with them, we are losers without them. They are hardly the answer.

If you draft a WR in the first round, you are hoping to get a player of Roy Williams calibur. Why should we except less?

If you draft a WR in the first round, you are hoping to get a player of Roy Williams calibur. Why should we except less?

Easy. Because of the money.

Look at it this way, Anthony Gonzalez, 1st round pick in 2007, garnered a 5 year contract for $10.3 million. Of this $5.4 million is guaranteed, the contract is for $7.5 million, and can reach the full $10.3 million if all escalator clauses and bonuses are met.

Roy Williams, if you base it upon Berrian's contract this past winter, will get a deal in the six year, $42 million dollar deal, with $16 million guaranteed range. And he's a better receiver than Berrian, so he might get more.

The problem is the money. Teams are coming around on not wanting to give that kind of guaranteed money up, when they can get good production on a "cheap" contract by picking at the back end of the 1st round. It's the same reason why teams no longer want to pick in the top 5 or 7 anymore. It costs them too much money and they'd rather pick in the middle of the first round because the cost/production is better.