Firewaltz

Palin: Wacko Secessionist?

Link: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/members-of-frin.html

ABC is reporting that Sarah Palin (not her daughter) is a former member of the Alaskan Indpendence Party (AIP) - she left the party to become a Republican in 1996.

According to the story "The AIP platform states that the purpose of the party is to "seek the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska in conformance with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17, of the federal constitution ... To prohibit all bureaucratic regulations and judicial rulings purporting to have the effect of law, except that which shall be approved by the elected legislature ... To support the privatization of government services ...”"

Hopefully Sarah is not some AIP mole sent to infiltrate the GOP to break up the union. If so, she's really a maverick!

As we know from the Obama critics, associations are important.

Actually, kind of makes me like her attitude. But then, I'm a Texan and also voted for Kinky Friedman last year.

Cool for me too. I think that we should have a new civil, civil war.

Libs get 25 states and Rightys get the other 25. Let's divide it up and see who has the best country in 50 years.

:wink:

Cool for me too. I think that we should have a new civil, civil war.

Libs get 25 states and Rightys get the other 25. Let's divide it up and see who has the best country in 50 years.

Libs, easy. We will have cured cancer, MD, Alzheimer's, and several other diseases and have found an alternative to fossil fuels and the righty's will still be waiting for Jesus to return.

Libs, easy. We will have cured cancer, MD, Alzheimer's, and several other diseases and have found an alternative to fossil fuels and the righty's will still be waiting for Jesus to return.

We'd also have much better art, literature, music, etc. They'd be sitting around listening to Pat Boone and watching re-runs of "My Three Sons."

Of course, they'd have better guns and prisons.

But you really don't have to look too far to see how liberals would build a nation. The founding fathers of the United States were the liberals of their day - the conservatives supported King George.

Will you have the cure for overpopulation? Especially considering the inevitable (and exceptionally easy) attack by the Conservatives which will knock you down to about 8 states to our 42 (or our 49 if Obama has his way)?

Will you have the cure for overpopulation?

Liberalism itself is a cure for overpopulation. We don't have nearly as many kids. :wink:

If true, this is a fair issue to criticize Palin on.

I'd just remind my liberal friendss who want to push this issue who Barack Obama was hanging out with in the infancy of his political career in 1995:

In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

You can decide for yourself who is worse, but pushing this connection doesn't really do Obama any favors.

Although must admit I'm a bit troubled in my mind about the stark similarities between Palin and Obama on almost every level.

Will you have the cure for overpopulation? Especially considering the inevitable (and exceptionally easy) attack by the Conservatives which will knock you down to about 8 states to our 42 (or our 49 if Obama has his way)?

Three words. Mason-Dixon Line.

Yeah, well good luck with funding all that. The conservatives have all the money. That is why Bush wanted tax breaks for the rich, because everyone knows the majority of the poor are Democrats!! Just ask all the Oil companies that are obviously in the Republicans back pocket :cheeky:

Formerly? a member of a political party - Alaska Independence Party - who is for the secession of Alaska from America:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/members-of-frin.html

On their Alaska Independence Party introduction page:

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

Country First.

Associations, folks?

I can't agree with the premise of this thread. There are lots of good reasons to oppose Sarah Palin without bringing this into it.

I can't agree with the premise of this thread. There are lots of good reasons to oppose Sarah Palin without bringing this into it.

Right, state secession is not a good reason to oppose someone.

Sincerely,

the Civil War

Congratulation Pfife - you are officially the liberal version of Buddahfan.

And you're officially on my ignore list now.

Toodles!

Right, state secession is not a good reason to oppose someone.

Sincerely,

the Civil War

Alaskan "secession" and Southern secession are, like, polar opposites on the seriousness scale.

This is off the scale. I can't support it.

I'm interested to see Oblong's right wing response to this.

I'm interested to see your next question on what to wear to a job interview.

Palin has been a registered Republican since at least 1990. The vaunted ABC News didn't even bother to look at her voter registration records. There is NO RECORD of her ever being a member of the AIP.

Here is a PDF copy of said voting records.

Sarah Palin never belonged to the AIP. She has been a registered Republican all her life. Are any of you left-wingers honest enough to admit that this story is crap?

I won't hold my breath.

Palin has been a registered Republican since at least 1990. The vaunted ABC News didn't even bother to look at her voter registration records. There is NO RECORD of her ever being a member of the AIP.

Here is a PDF copy of said voting records.

Sarah Palin never belonged to the AIP. She has been a registered Republican all her life. Are any of you left-wingers honest enough to admit that this is crap?

I won't hold my breath.

Clearly it is crap if what you're stating is true.