sagnam

Red Wings sign Hossa

Holy sweet jesus!!!!

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/report0_hossa_to_wings/

via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette,

The Penguins have lost free-agent right winger Marian Hossa to Detroit.

Team officials are believed to have been informed this morning that he will not re-sign.

Terms of Hossa’s contract were not immediately known, but the Red Wings are believed to have been offering a shorter-term contract than most other clubs.

Wow. Talk about crossing the line over to the good guys. What a franchise we have here ...

Just for kicks, how good would a power play grouping of Z, Dats, Hossa, Holmstrom, Lidstrom and Kronwall be?

it's on the front page of tsn.ca

Official: 1 year, 7.4 million

I was just coming to post that.

Unreal. I've officially stopped working for the last half hour becuase I can barely concentrate. Awesome!

Here's the story link.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242261

On that note, why would a player of Hossa's marketability take a one year deal in this day and age? Puzzling ...

Just for kicks, how good would a power play grouping of Z, Dats, Hossa, Holmstrom, Lidstrom and Kronwall be?

Not that great of a power play if you ask me. An empty net is a scary thing, especially with icing taken out of the equation.

What I love about this deal is it is low risk deal with such a low impact on the salary cap.

Ken Holland is a genius.

My next question is what is Hossa angling for next year, because I strongly suspect he could have gotten a long term deal at something approaching $7M a year now.

My next question is what is Hossa angling for next year, because I strongly suspect he could have gotten a long term deal at something approaching $7M a year.

A Stanley Cup. (and possibly a long term home, if everything goes perfect)

Not that great of a power play if you ask me. An empty net is a scary thing, especially with icing taken out of the equation.

Ha, apparently this signing has cost me to lose my mind. :cool:

Then again you know how good the Wings are at puting too many men on the ice these days ...

The Red Wings will never be able to stay competitive in the Salary Cap era.

This is an unbelievable deal. This team is stacked.

Wow that came out of no where. None of the stories I had read said anything about the Wings throwing him an offer. But then again he probably heard from 20 teams.

A Stanley Cup. (and possibly a long term home, if everything goes perfect)

Then a Stanley Cup must be highly valuable to him, because as good as the Wings are, they probably have something like a 30% shot at winning the thing, given the unpredictable nature of play-off hockey (and each of the 16 teams have some chance at winning)

Before I get jumped on for my SWAG Stanley Cup repeat estimate, please understand that I don't think any other team has anything near a 30% shot, like the Wings, but no amount of moves in today's NHL can cause a team to become so dominant as to give them much more than a 30% shot going into the playoffs, IMO.

Wow that came out of no where. None of the stories I had read said anything about the Wings throwing him an offer. But then again he probably heard from 20 teams.

Actually, there have been quite a few stories about it, and there were reports this morning that the Wings were in his final 4, along with Pittsburgh, NYR, and Edmonton, with the Wings offer being both the lowest and shortest.

The Red Wings will never be able to stay competitive in the Salary Cap era.

This is an unbelievable deal. This team is stacked.

The best draft and development system on the planet. Take that cba ...