MotownWebGuy

Toledo Mud Hens Brick Memorial

For those interested, the Toledo Mud Hens recently installed the brick that was purchased with a porition of the money raised for the Brian Bluhm memorials. Below is the information about the brick that was sent to me last Thursday by the Mud Hens:

I am a little late in providing you this information but I wanted to make sure to let you know. Your original brick was installed in mid May. The location is just outside the 3B entrance along Monroe St. You actually do not even need to enter the ballpark to see the brick. The duplicate brick that the Toledo Mud Hens provided will actually ship today or tomorrow to the address for the Bluhm's that you previously provided to me. I did include a note that there was an original brick placed at our ballpark from your group and that the duplicate was being provided by the Toledo Mud Hens.

I was just in Toledo last weekend for a friend's wedding. I wish I would have known then.

Just to let you guys know, the Bluhms brought the replica brick for Angela and me to see it this weekend. What a wonderful honor! Thank you guys for all that you have done! We'll try to get a picture up very shortly.

My post above is a picture of the duplicate stone that the Mud Hens sent to the Bluhms recently. I will type the letter below that came with it. Many thanks to all of you for your constant support and concern! We greatly appreciate it!

June 19, 2008

Dennis and Bev Bluhm

The 8"x8" brick that is included in this package is a duplicate of the very same brick installed at the third base entrance of Fifth Third Field in Toledo, Ohio. This is the home of the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple-A Affiliate of the Detroit Tigers.

The members of MotownSports.com purchased the original brick installed at the ballpark and the Toledo Mud Hens are providing this duplicate to you at no cost as a remembrance gift. Your son was a very big supporter of the Detroit Tigers organization and it is only fitting that there are bricks in his name at ballparks in West Michigan, Toledo, as well as Detroit.

If you are ever in Toledo and wish to locate your son's brick please feel free to contact me and I can walk you to the brick location.

Sincerely,

Christopher M. Hole

They are selling bricks again in Lakeland so hopefully ours will be done this year. They lost their contact who engraved th bricks. We have bene promise dup to 3 bricks for ours. Way to go Yoda.

Hoping to see the brick in a few weeks. In mid August we'll be going down to visit family in Toledo, and are hoping to make it to the ballpark to pay a visit to the brick.

I happened to be in Toledo Saturday and Sunday, visiting the in-laws. My wife and I took a few minutes on Saturday night to go visit Brian's brick, over at the ballpark. Today I came back to get some photos.

2772135707_667836847e.jpg

2772971740_4a49b1d0c0.jpg

We miss you, Brian.

dj, if you'd like/need a higher resolution version of that photo, let me know, and I can provide you with a link that'll let you download one.

dj, if you'd like/need a higher resolution version of that photo, let me know, and I can provide you with a link that'll let you download one.

I think that one is fine. If I want a print out I'll let you know. Thanks.