Doctor Detroit

***Official Fernando Rodney love in***

That scared me though.... he got the save but it was like Jones was with him, the ghost of Todd Jones!

I believe that's a song by Rage Against The Machine.

Forgetting season pennant race excitement and just thinking as a fan watching a single game it is a lot more fun to win with the bases loaded and a line drive that if 1 foot higher would have scored the tying runs, or with a runner thrown out trying to steal home on an overthrow.

1-2-3 innings are boring.

Forgetting season pennant race excitement and just thinking as a fan watching a single game it is a lot more fun to win with the bases loaded and a line drive that if 1 foot higher would have scored the tying runs, or with a runner thrown out trying to steal home on an overthrow.

1-2-3 innings are boring.

I'm sure he'll keep you entertained

Does anyone know what the magic number is for 'consistent' ?

is it nine in a row or 19 in a row?

It depends on context.

If you are in first place or only a couple games out 9 is consistent.

When you are 12 1/2 back the number rapidly approaches 162. Everyone seizes on every flaw. We are guilty of that at my house. You wouldn't believe how many Tigers my family would have released this year!

It depends on context.

If you are in first place or only a couple games out 9 is consistent.

When you are 12 1/2 back the number rapidly approaches 162. Everyone seizes on every flaw. We are guilty of that at my house. You wouldn't believe how many Tigers my family would have released this year!

I am just the opposite...I am t hinking we should give sTODDgy Jones one more chance this season --- even Jones knows it is over, but I am wanting him to play, maybe even let Jacque Jones come back --- um kidding about that one

Nine in a row is pretty good. I didn't even know that until I read it here. He has been Jones-esque lately.

Where in the hell did we get NINE in a row from? Do you guys watch the games?

Just last week this happened:

9/2/08 vs. Angels:

With the score tied at 4, Fernando Rodney (0-4) walked Figgins to lead off the ninth.

"Walking Figgins was the kiss of death," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said.

Figgins then made a prophet out of Leyland by stealing his third base of the game. Figgins went to third on Garret Anderson's groundout, and Teixeira's fly ball to center made it 5-4.

BLOWN GAME.

9 in a row? LibraryMonkey, you need to pass me some of what you're smokin.

And unfortunately I had to watch last night's disaster at the park. Consistent? Pahlease.

Rodney is not a closer yet by any stretch... way too inconsistent. Having only two primary pitches seems to be hurting him too as they're waiting on the change up. He's gotta develop a third pitch better.

Rodney is not a closer yet by any stretch... way too inconsistent. Having only two primary pitches seems to be hurting him too as they're waiting on the change up. He's gotta develop a third pitch better.

Exactly. When you only have 2 primary pitches, as a batter, all you have to do is sit and wait on one pitch. Sooner or later your going to get it. With Rodney, you sit and wait on the Change or the Fastball. When he came in and was pitching to the opening batter last night, some of the A's in the dugout that were due up were noticeably standing in a batting stance, timing his pitches (I'm sure they do that with everyone, but just saying). It sure paid off last night.

My AAT will keep you all sober.....

How could you draft him with how much your grandpa loves him!?