DaYooperASBDT

Dusty Ryan

Preface:

I have never been a big fan of Dusty Ryan as I have not thought of him or looked upon him as a prospect.

Update:

I was at the game in Indianapolis tonight with the Mud Hens v. the Indians in which Ryan caught.

He looked very much improved and I was quite surprised.

He had a double and single and threw out a baserunner. Even though his swing remains a little long, he has developed into a player worth noting to watch.

We will be watching the next 6 Mud Hens games and I'd like so see much more of Ryan, but, from what I saw tonight, he might be a legit prospect.

Nice throwing motion, getting rid of the ball quickly and surprisingly much stronger and accruate than I remember.

Congratulations on your development Dusty, you have made major improvement and it looked very good tonight!

VV threw well tonight after about teh last 4 outings being horrendous...............nice to see.

Toledo wins 3-0 on a Kody Kirkland 2-RBI double and a HR by Clete. VV looked very good, giving up only 2 hits through 7. Cruceta pitched fantastic yet Beltran scared me to death giving up back to back singles to open the bottom of the ninth............followed by a double play grounder to ss and a pop up to 3b.....

How was Toledo?? I know he didnt play. But I bet he was so happy to be up!! :glasses: Also what is his #??? There is no record of it anywhere!!

He is tickled pink to be in Toledo as you can see. (hey that is a lot of expressed excitement for him)

2721207497_831b868e68.jpg

I am in Erie for the weekend. Having fun seeing some of my former Whitecaps.

Welcome Howlergirl! Something tells me I know where you were last night. Glad you found us. Keep us in the loop on what is happening in Erie. We need some full time folks keeping us ontrack.

Keep looking around and join in the MTS fun.

I would update you guys on Erie, but I only go on $1 beer night. So yeah, my updates would be more about $1 Yuengling, how many hot dogs I ate and how Erie is the most under-rated town in the country for it's level of per capita really good looking girls.

Ouch to the timing of tonight's promotion in Erie:

- The first 200 kids under 14 receive a Detroit Tigers baseball cap and the first 500 fans receive a Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez growth chart poster!

Hmm, a high end defensive catcher with power ... Can anyone remember the guy who caught for us on the '84 team? :cool:

ya know, maybe DD dealt Pudge with the idea of Dusty next year? He wouldn't want the option to be an issue with Pudge, he's marginally better than Inge at best...so, maybe some self-scouting led to the decision that Dusty is the man for the future...As far as catchers go, even if he came up now and hit .220 it'd be league average for the position

ya know, maybe DD dealt Pudge with the idea of Dusty next year? He wouldn't want the option to be an issue with Pudge, he's marginally better than Inge at best...so, maybe some self-scouting led to the decision that Dusty is the man for the future...As far as catchers go, even if he came up now and hit .220 it'd be league average for the position

... and probably better than Sardhina, however I'm sure the Tigers want Ryan to get as many reps as he can at AAA for now. A productive backup would warrant more at bats/pt at the big league level however and I'm sure he'll get every opportunity to earn that spot next as opposed to a backup infield position to someone like Hollimon.

How was Toledo?? I know he didnt play. But I bet he was so happy to be up!! :glasses: Also what is his #??? There is no record of it anywhere!!

His Ashley has his Number !!:wink: He was very surprised to see Whitecaps Fans there, had a bus load of season ticket holders there which included his 2 year Wm Host Family....:cheeky:

He is tickled pink to be in Toledo as you can see. (hey that is a lot of expressed excitement for him)

2721207497_831b868e68.jpg

I am in Erie for the weekend. Having fun seeing some of my former Whitecaps.

As Rod Allen/Ordell Robbie would say, he's a bigun.

Dusty was kind enough to sign a bat that Shawn Roof gave my son at a LFT game last year. Shawn would have signed it, but he had his batting helmet split on a high/inside fastball.

I hope no one thought i wanted his phone #. I wanted his jersey # in Toledo!!! LMAO!! Opps should have made that more clear!! I see now that he is # 40!!! Go # 40

Thanks Whitecap Wendy for the pic!! I want to get up there ASAP to see the old Howler boys!!! But I dont know when that will be!!

I hope no one thought i wanted his phone #. I wanted his jersey # in Toledo!!! LMAO!! Opps should have made that more clear!! I see now that he is # 40!!! Go # 40

I understood you clearly--I just could not remember it

Dusty, another 2 hits tonight, continuing to impress on an otherwise VERY painful Mud Hen game to watch !!

This was extremely bad!

We in Erie are so proud of Dusty!!!

Ryan DH 4 0 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 .500

I mean that batting average in itself is great. I know he has only played 2 games but that is still great for having a .500 after 2 games!! All he has to do is keep it up! Everyone is talkin about how they cant beleive that he is doing so well at the AAA after just being in Erie for a few months!! But all i know is that he is doing well and hopefully he will get the call to D-town in Sept or even before!!! Go Ryan #40!!!

G-ma G-I know he has been dating Ashley forever!!! And all i wanted to know was the # on his back! His jersey # since it wasnt posted on MILB or Toledos site!! I don't want to get into personal things about any players all that does is cause DRAMA and there is enough around the ballpark!!!!

I am just his biggest fan in Erie!!!

Dusty got his first homer tonite in Louisville as a Toledo Mud hen!!! :happy: And his batting average is still going strong. Does anyone else think he may be the man for the job next season? Even as a back up???