JohnJMS

The Official DFA RODNEY NOW thread

That didn't take long. :happy:

I think the Tigers may have brought him up too soon. It's not like he dominated at Toledo and looked back in form - he had a 6.75 ERA and 5 BB in only 5.1 IP. I wouldn't advocate DFA'ing him, but he needs ot get some work in non-critical situations to really determine where he is at.

Like the last 2 seasons? Please DFA your computer.

Hey, if you think he's a consistent bullpen guy, you can DFA your optometrist. :wink:

I look at numbers and track records. Not a guy who's being pushed into a role he's clearly not ready for right now. Blame his manager who's putting him out there when his mechanics are all f'd up.

Hey, if you think he's a consistent bullpen guy, you can DFA your optometrist. :wink:

Your memory sucks. He's good. He's legit. He's also rusty. But he's been at the very least above average for the last three years, and very good for two of them. You don't DFA a guy for two bad outings, especially his first two outings back from the DL.

KNEE JERK! KNEE JERK!

Your memory sucks. He's good. He's legit. He's also rusty. But he's been at the very least above average for the last three years, and very good for two of them. You don't DFA a guy for two bad outings, especially his first two outings back from the DL.

KNEE JERK! KNEE JERK!

Like I said - you let me know when he's consistent again.

And your memory sucks. Last year he had ONE GOOD MONTH. That was August. Other than that Rodney sucked.

APRIL - 13.1 IP and 8 Runs

MAY - 8.2 IP and 3 Runs (one of his better efforts)

JUNE - 7.1 IP and 6 Runs

JULY - INJURED

SEPT - 10.1 IP and 7 Runs

I was wrong - he is consistent. Consistently BAD. If it wasn't for his good August - his ERA would have been 6.00 - 7.00. That's NOT consistent when one good month saves you.

I'm not sure if this guy has any options left. Does anyone know?

Rodney does suck, but wtf was Jimbo thinking bringing him in with the game tied after his last piss poor outing? Then he brings in Fossum? Is he resting the guys who actually have pitched ok for the playoff run?

I think Jimmy needs to start using his brain instead of his gut all the time.

While we're on the DFA topic though, I've about seen enough of Larish and his awful swings....

Leyland is just stupid. Why do you bring in Rodney in this situation when he hasn't pitched in a game in like, five days? What is that? Why didn't they put him in a non-pressure situation first?

Leyland is just stupid. Why do you bring in Rodney in this situation when he hasn't pitched in a game in like, five days? What is that? Why didn't they put him in a non-pressure situation first?

I agree with that.

I think a good non-pressure situation would be pitching for a team in Japan.

One important thing to remember about our bullpen troubles...Cleveland's are much worse!

What Rodney needs is a dose of Sgt. Hartman......

16.jpg

YOU WILL THROW STRIKES - YOU WILL NOT WALK BATTERS - YOU WILL NOT THROW YOUR FASTBALL DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLATE AND GIVE UP HOME RUNS!!!

What Rodney needs is a dose of Sgt. Hartman......

16.jpg

YOU WILL THROW STRIKES - YOU WILL NOT WALK BATTERS - YOU WILL NOT THROW YOUR FASTBALL DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLATE AND GIVE UP HOME RUNS!!!

This is a lot closer to the right answer than DFA'ing a guy because of two bad outings.

Thread should be renamed to "official knee-jerk reactions thread" and have half the forum's post moved into it.

Hey - it's not like Rodney is Bruce Sutter or something. Maybe you'd prefer Grilli?

You Rodney fans can remain in denial. This guy, overall, is part of the problem over the last 2 seasons - not the missing solution.

Last 3 seasons for Rodney:

2007: 50.7 IP, 4.26 ERA, 107 ERA+, 1.32 WHIP

2006: 71.7 IP, 3.52 ERA, 130 ERA+, 1.18 WHIP

2005: 44 IP, 2.86 ERA, 149 ERA+, 1.27 WHIP

8 straight balls, c'mon... We've seen this guy do this enough to know that he just isn't mentally tough enough to pitch dependably at this level. Even if he has kept it together some times in the past, it would seem painfully obvious that he is to dangerous to be used effectively anymore. DFA all the way.

Rodney had a couple good seasons living on his change up. Now that everyone and thier brother knows that he cant command the fastball they sit on his change which he throws far too often. I tend to agree more with the haters than with the apologists.

Thread should be renamed to "official knee-jerk reactions thread" and have half the forum's post moved into it.

couldn't we just have ONE 'official' knee-jerk Thread

kneejerk.gif

LOL. Actually I would keep Rodney and DFA Leyland at this point .....

Looks like our best 8th inning options are going to be Miner/Zumaya. Even Dolsi appears to be a better choice.

Like I said - you let me know when he's consistent again.

And your memory sucks. Last year he had ONE GOOD MONTH. That was August. Other than that Rodney sucked.

APRIL - 13.1 IP and 8 Runs

MAY - 8.2 IP and 3 Runs (one of his better efforts)

JUNE - 7.1 IP and 6 Runs

JULY - INJURED

SEPT - 10.1 IP and 7 Runs

I was wrong - he is consistent. Consistently BAD. If it wasn't for his good August - his ERA would have been 6.00 - 7.00. That's NOT consistent when one good month saves you.

I'm not sure if this guy has any options left. Does anyone know?

John is on the money, here. Even when he was healthy it was a struggle for him to find the strike zone. Now that he's went through these arm problems, I doubt he'll ever come back. I wouldn't DFA him now but he might be pitching in the minors, tommorow.