Sign in to follow this  
wolverinefan

Griffey hits 600

Congrats, watching his swing is amazing it's so.... perfect.

Junior still oozes "cool". His swing is a thing of beauty. I have tried to duplicate his batting stance for some time now, even when I made the switch to beer league softball!!! :grin:

Nike needs to hold this guy down even after his career is over, his line of cleats/batting gloves are all classics.

Awesome. He's definitely one of my favorite ballplayers. I remember an article that Hank Aaron did a few years ago in Sport Magazine, and he said that he figured Griffey would break his home run record. It's too bad that never happened.

Why do people like this guy? He's a whiner who publicly bereated his mgr in Cinci for replacing him for defensive reasons when there was a better defendere on the bench. And the earrings. He kinda set the trend there and then the trend (to not wear earrings) passed him by. And wearing his cap backwards during HR derby was disrespectful to the game. And he was always hurt. He was on the Mariners with the Unit and A-Rod. Both will be remembered as better players. He ate up too much of the Reds salary budget and hurt them from being able to retain other players.

Why do people like this guy? He's a whiner who publicly bereated his mgr in Cinci for replacing him for defensive reasons when there was a better defendere on the bench. And the earrings. He kinda set the trend there and then the trend (to not wear earrings) passed him by. And wearing his cap backwards during HR derby was disrespectful to the game. And he was always hurt. He was on the Mariners with the Unit and A-Rod. Both will be remembered as better players. He ate up too much of the Reds salary budget and hurt them from being able to retain other players.

Wrong on all accounts.

HE wants to be in the game. HE is there to play!

Earrings hurt whom?

Ditto on backwards hat. Not disrespectful to the game, just not the way it was done 89 years ago.

Always hurt? Huh. Must have played a few hundred games to get those 600 HOME RUNS!!! Has missed time while hurt but still had a better career than the overwhelming majority of those who played the game.

He was the best player on the Ms. You do not know about that team. Also, Edgar Martinez was the best hitter on that team. Griffey was the best player. Super strong in all aspects of the game.

You are right, he should play for the minimum so the Reds can overpay someone else. Rubbish. He gets what he deserves and more than pays for his salary by putting fans in the seats.

I only used to "hate" Griffey Junior because he used to beat us! Personally, he always seemed like a decent-enough guy, albiet a tad arrogant. He certainly never embarrassed the game the way Bonds did. And Ken's head never blew up like a pumpkin, either.

He'll go down as one of the all-time "what if" players. What if he hadn't gotten hurt so often?

Way to go Junior.

I suppose he is a money hungry guy. He is 3rd highest on his team at $8.3 million. I mean the Yankees have 11 players making more then that, 4 Mets, 7 Tigers. Who's hurting a team payroll?

600 is a huge number for an injury-plagued career. Sucks he had to do it in Florida in front of only a smattering of fans.