Shinma

The Penguins host the Red Wings in Stanley Cup Finals game 6! June 4th, NBC/CBC @8pm!

when do the playoff beards come off?

My beard is already off. The players usually shave theirs the next morning after the hangover subsides... heh.

Game 6, as well as the previous finals games, is now available on iTunes for $1.99 per game. Have the 2.1 GB download of Game 5 in progress right now.

No doubt about it! How is he an NHL ref again?

Because he got shot a long time ago. That was probably his fault as well, considering the number of bad decisions that guy makes.

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/wingsblog/index.cfm?blogid=1886

Some final thoughts tonight (OK, this morning) after watching the Stanley Cup wheeled out of the Wings' locker room to the team bus in a shopping cart littered with empty beer cans:

Injuries? Yeah, they had a few. More than a few, actually. Talked to a champagne-soaked trainer, Piet van Zant, in the Zamboni entrance a couple hours ago and his initial response was, "Everybody was playing through something." But then he rattled off the abridged version:

Tomas Holmstrom was playing with a sports hernia (for a long time) and a torn hamstring.

Valtteri Filppula wasn't practicing because of a fairly signficant knee injury.

Brad Stuart also was playing with a knee injury that would've had him sitting in the regular season. Darren Helm limped out of there tonight with a nasty Charley horse.

And, yes, there was more than just concussion-like symptoms plaguing Johan Franzen, but van Zant said the team and Franzen will wait a day or two before explaining what exactly went on with that whole saga.

There's more than that, obviously, but it gives you an idea of just why we call this the toughest trophy in sports to win.

I hope both Stuart and Filppula get signed this summer. Can't wait to hear what was up with Franzen, sounds intriguing.

Yeah, the cloak and dagger for injuries in the playoffs is a little bit crazy.

...and Doctor Detroit, me too, me too. It's a perma-grin and it annoys the crap out of all of my co-workers, (the Avs and Ducks fans) but my super Sharks fan boss loves it.

OK...who's the asshat with the crooked hat in the last pic?

Quincey.

Still smiling.

For Tuesday and Wednesday I had no appetite and low energy. I wasn't sure if it was due to the Wings, or travel, or work or something else. 30 seconds after the Wings won I immediately had my answer - I was instantly hungry like a wolf.

Why is Hasek holding up two fingers? Is he telling the Pittsburgh fans to **** off, Brit-style? Is he telling everyone how many Cups HE has won? Does he not know his team in no. 1? Inquiring minds want to know.

Why is Hasek holding up two fingers?

"Hey, America, I'm Detroit's #2 goalie, remember me?"

Hasek seemed to be a good sport, if you told me before the playoffs that he was going to be yanked after 4 games I would have thought there'd be a chance of the team ripping apart.

Why is Hasek holding up two fingers? Is he telling the Pittsburgh fans to **** off, Brit-style? Is he telling everyone how many Cups HE has won? Does he not know his team in no. 1? Inquiring minds want to know.

That's for how many games he won in the playoffs.

But seriously, it's probably 'V' for victory.

Some were probably holding up the number they have won.

In that case I hope Scotty came prepared and didn't wear socks with sandals.

WDIV will be airing a Red Wings special at 8pm EDT tonight. Not sure if it will be a season recap, a finals recap or a parade recap.

Because he got shot a long time ago. That was probably his fault as well, considering the number of bad decisions that guy makes.

I didn't know Rasheed Wallace was a hockey fan.

I had to watch the final game on a 12 inch color TV in the Disneyworld campground. I had to hold the rabbit ears just to get a semi-decent reception. I probably woke up a few people when I whooped after Fleury scored what turned out to be the series clinching goal for us. The next day I wore my Red Wings shirt into the Magic Kingdom and got positive comments from at least 15 people, and even one Penguins fan!

All I can say is thank God for TIVO, and WAY TO GO WINGS!!!

detroit20red20wingsje1.jpg

when do the playoff beards come off?

mine came off about 30 mins ago! first thing when my wife saw me, she gave me a kiss and said "now there is someone I know"

This WDIV special is actually pretty good. Nothing earth-shattering, but features with interviews from the past 48 hours on Osgood, Illitch, Zetterberg, McCarty, the airport party, the lockerroom. Now a Lidstrom feature coming up.

So I guess that's it then, the glorious Wings season is finally fully over. The Nashville series seems like eons to go, not to mention the Feb-March slump and the 60-win pace before that. Can't wait to sit back and love a relaxing regular season next year as the Wings should continue to shine and to play beautiful hockey...

Holy cow, the Tigers are 12 games below .500 ?!?! I suddenly feel a hangover coming on.