Deleterious

2008 Offseason Speculation/Rumors/Ideas

I seem to remember a number of articles questioning Boozer's desire to play hard every night. . .that doesn't sound like what the Pistons need.

My bad on that one. I do agree with you though that ANthony is a great fit with certain players on this team. The only problem is Denver is going to comand a lot in return.

Billups, Prince and our #1 isn't small change. NBA super stars never get fair value on trades. Just depends on what other teams are offering. Or if Denver is really looking to move him or not.

My bad on that one. I do agree with you though that ANthony is a great fit with certain players on this team. The only problem is Denver is going to comand a lot in return.
I lol'd. I do agree that Denver will want to much. After all the celts traded basically their entire starting lineup for KG. I'm not comparing Anthony to KG, but imo Sheed and Tay wouldn't be good enough value for the Nuggets to make the trade.

I lol'd. I do agree that Denver will want to much. After all the celts traded basically their entire starting lineup for KG. I'm not comparing Anthony to KG, but imo Sheed and Tay wouldn't be good enough value for the Nuggets to make the trade.

It would probably have to be Billups and Prince, and they have more talent then the stiffs Boston traded combined.

This morning from Chad Ford of ESPN

With the Pistons firing coach Flip Saunders and GM Joe Dumars promising further changes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them find a way to move up in the draft.

One of Dumars' biggest concerns about Saunders (as well as previous coaches Larry Brown and Rick Carlisle) was his unwillingness to develop the younger players on the roster. You can bet that incoming coach Michael Curry will get a stern mandate from Dumars.

The team is very high on Rodney Stuckey and Amir Johnson but still needs another young player or two for the pipeline.

As far as tradable assets go, the Pistons are in great shape. Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess are heading into the last year of their contracts. Richard Hamilton and Chauncey Billups would have great value, especially to teams trying to get over the hump in the playoffs. Tayshaun Prince, the youngest of the core veterans, is someone who would interest almost any team.

In other words, if Dumars wants to remake the roster, it won't be that difficult.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=DraftNotes-080605&campaign=rsssrch&source=espn&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fdraft2008%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dford_chad%26page%3dDraftNotes-080605%26campaign%3drsssrch%26source%3despn

Ok guys, after wrestling with the cap and viewing all the teams needs, I came out with a extreme, yet possible trade that would benefit all 3 teams, so here it is…

(2008-2009 salaries)

Detroit trades: Wallace-13.68 M

Hamilton-10.57 M

Prince-9.5 M

McDyess-7.0 M

Samb-0.8 M

29th pick – 0.95 M

TOTAL: 42.5 M

Milwaukee trades: Redd-15.78 M

Villanueva-3.45 M

D.Mason-5.3 M

8th Pick- 2.5 M (est)

TOTAL: 27.03

Phoenix trades: Stoudamire-15.07 M

Diaw- 9.0 M

Barbosa – 6.1 M

Tucker-1.0 M

TOTAL: 31.17 M

Detroit rec’s: Stoudamire-15.07 M

Barbosa – 6.1 M

Diaw- 9.0 M

D.Mason-5.3 M

Villanueva-3.45 M

8th Pick- 2.5 M (est)

TOTAL: 41.42 M (-1.08 M)

Milwaukee rec’s: Hamilton-10.57 M

Prince-9.5 M

Samb-0.8 M

29th pick – 0.95 M

Tucker-1.0 M

TOTAL: 22.82 M (-4.21 M)

Phoenix rec’s: Redd-15.78 M

Wallace-13.68 M

McDyess-7.0 M

TOTAL: 36.46 (+5.29 M)

How this helps Phoenix: gets a big man in wallace who has a expiring contract and is a better defender and can fit in well with Shaq as far as inside/outside combo. McDyess adds depth to their frontcourt of the bench. Redd is the outside shooter that they have been looking for and his acquisition moves Raja Bell to the bench. With Nash having only 2 years left on his deal, this deal gives Phoenix a 2 year window at the most with the group put together. By getting rid of Diaw (4 yrs remaining) and Barbosa ( 4 yrs) This with give them around 20 M under the cap in 2 years where they can have the top Free Agents come and Phoenix has always been a destination for Free agents:

How it hurts Phoenix; Losing Athletisism in the guys leaving and an all star in Stoudamire…but gaining one in Redd

How this helps Milwaukee: Getting Prince and Hamilton helps the chemistry of the team and adds a winning culture to the Bucks. Redd may be better than Rip, but not by much and Hammomd has said numerous times that a small forward is #1 priority. Samb is a guy that he knows and likes a great deal and he has the talent to possibly emerge as a shot blocker besides Bogut and Jianlian. Tucker is a throw in.

How it hurts Milwaukee: Having to part with the 8th pick, but they have enough youngsters on the team.

How it helps Detroit: They finally get a big man in Stoudamire who plays down low and has a reasonable contract compared to someone like a Jermain O’Neal or a McGrady. Diaw would start at the 3, and he offers versatility as well. Barbosa gives them a 3 guard rotation with Billups and Stuckey. The 8th pick can be used on a best available (SF)? Villanueva is an underachiever but he is a big man who can score of the bench.

How it hurts Detroit. Having to take Diaw’s and Barbosa’s long term contracts . Putting a lot of faith in Diaw to be a good Small Forward

Pistons Lineup:

SF-Diaw, Herrmann, 8th pick (?)

PF-Maxiell, Johnson

C-Stoudamie, Villanueva, Ratliff (?)

PG-Billups, Barbosa, Hunter(?)

SG-Stuckey, Afflalo, Mason

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=518~692~2792~294~1724~2996~883~2166~2167~1727~3238&teams=8~21~8~15~15~15~21~8~8~8~15&te=530:21-846&cash

How about just cutting Milwaukee out of the last trade, and sending Hamilton/Prince/McDyess to Phoenix for Stoudemire, if they want to throw in Barbosa/Diaw as well that's fine too.

Donnie Walsh is not retarted. If you missed it, Isiah is no longer GM.

Well, Donnie Walsh has made his fair share of bad trades, but, you are probably right, the Pistons would want more then Randolph/#6 for Rasheed/#29, I think the original proposal had Balkman coming with Randolph/#6.

Randolph is negative value right now, they tried to trade him for Gadzuric/Simmons last year, and the Bucks vetoed it. It would take a lot for a team to take him on for an expiring, maybe #6 isn't enough to take Randolph.

JO is not opting out.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080605/SPORTS04/806050426/1088/SPORTS04

If the Indiana Pacers want to part ways with Jermaine O'Neal, they'll have to trade him.

O'Neal's representatives recently informed the Pacers he will not opt out of the final two years of his contract. O'Neal had until June 30 to decide whether to become an unrestricted free agent.

Advertisement

The Pacers weren't surprised. President Larry Bird said in February he didn't expect O'Neal to opt out because he would be leaving behind $44 million on the final two years of his contract.

That doesn't guarantee O'Neal will return. The Pacers likely will look to trade him.

O'Neal again battled knee injuries and averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds in 42 games last season.

O'Neal, who has said repeatedly he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding project, has been working out in Las Vegas to regain strength in his left knee, which has bothered him for two-plus years.

How about just cutting Milwaukee out of the last trade, and sending Hamilton/Prince/McDyess to Phoenix for Stoudemire, if they want to throw in Barbosa/Diaw as well that's fine too.

Cause they would need Wallace to replace Amare and Redd is a better and younger player than Hamilton. i just read of Yi to golden state possibly for branden Wright and the 14th pick, so if thats a deal Milwaukee does, it opens up a spot for the Pistons to get 8 or 14 in the draft and the bucks still get a high pick. It works out well for everyone and Phoenix will get a ton of cap relief when Wallace, after next season, McDyess,Shaq and Nash after 2010 season, which is around 40 Million! off the books

Pistons send Wallace, Prince, Johnson and 2009 first round pick to Clippers for Brand and Maggette. The lineup would look like this

Brand

Mcdyess

Magette

Hamilton

Billups

To help my point from a Phoenix point of view, with all the cap space after the 2010 season, here are the list of guys who can become free agents..LeBron, Wade,Bosh, Joe Johnson, Nowitzki, Chandler, McGrady, J.O'Neal

To help my point from a Phoenix point of view, with all the cap space after the 2010 season, here are the list of guys who can become free agents..LeBron, Wade,Bosh, Joe Johnson, Nowitzki, Chandler, McGrady, J.O'Neal

Based on Joe's comments of his feelings of Amir, I doubt he gets traded as filler as it appears Joe values him more than his value on the market is. Now if another team values him high enough that he isn't basically filler, you never know, but I would be surprised to see him traded based on Joe's comments.

Sheed and Hayes to the 76s

for

T. Young and the 76s 1st round pick at #16.

(Dalembert might be a better choice for the Pistons, but I doubt that the 76s would give him up for Sheed.)

Sheed is from Philadelphia

Sheed and Hayes to the 76s

for

T. Young and the 76s 1st round pick at #16.

(Dalembert might be a better choice for the Pistons, but I doubt that the 76s would give him up for Sheed.)

Sheed is from Philadelphia

Only two reasons a team has to trade for Sheed.

1) They are ready to win now, and think he provides that last little bit to get over the hump

2) They want salary cap space with his expiring deal.

Philly is not ready to win now and even with the new deal AI is about to get, they will still be well under the cap next season. So I don't see this deal working for them.

I saw a thing on MLive - alright, stop laughing - that had Billups, Maxiell and change to the Heat for the #2 pick. There is no way on God's green earth the Heat would ever make that trade.

I saw a thing on MLive - alright, stop laughing - that had Billups, Maxiell and change to the Heat for the #2 pick. There is no way on God's green earth the Heat would ever make that trade.

Well, sure because ESPN is reporting that if Chicago takes Rose, Miami will deal the #2 pick for a veteran point guard.

Well, sure because ESPN is reporting that if Chicago takes Rose, Miami will deal the #2 pick for a veteran point guard.

Yeah, Miami is a PG away from a playoff run

Billups, Wade, Marion, Maxiell, Haslem is a pretty nice starting lineup when you consider it is three above average-great jump shooters with two good offensive rebounders and 5 guys who play good defense.

Yeah, Miami is a PG away from a playoff run

Billups, Wade, Marion, Maxiell, Haslem is a pretty nice starting lineup when you consider it is three above average-great jump shooters with two good offensive rebounders and 5 guys who play good defense.

Unless the NBA puts in a rule saying nobody over 6'8 can play in the league, that lineup would get destroyed by big men. Just destroyed.

Unless the NBA puts in a rule saying nobody over 6'8 can play in the league, that lineup would get destroyed by big men. Just destroyed.

Blount is a decent defender and may end up starting instead of Max...either way, both Maxiell and Haslem have always been good against bigger opponents.

But yes, on second though...Blount probably starts with Maxiell being the 6th man. J-Will gets moved for a guy with decent size. And the rotation rounds out nicely.

I I were the Pistons I would jump all over that. I read that Miami wants Mayo and would look to trade down a pick or two with someone who wants Beasley.

I also read rumors - in Chicago papers - that the Bulls would trade the #1 pick to Miami for Wade and the #2 pick. Now THAT would be stupid for Miami, Derrick Rose isn't that good.

excited to see what we do...no doubt. then again, I was excited last summer and we did absolutely nothing so...

Too bad the NBA wouldn't allow the Pistons to make a deal like they allowed the Lakers. Gasol for nothing. Just think of this, NBA commissioner Dave McMahon approves deal sending Dwight Howard to Detroit for a case of Stroh's !!