Deleterious

2008 Offseason Speculation/Rumors/Ideas

Some of the Rasheed proposals on the big trade board. Some very bad, some not so bad.

Shaq for Rasheed/Johnson/#29

Rasheed to Charlotte for #9/fillers

Rasheed/#29 to NY for Randolph/#6

Rasheed/Billups to Utah for Boozer/Hart/Harpring

Prince to Utah for Kirlenko

Rasheed/Prince/#29 to Utah for Boozer/Kirlenko

Granted its a small sample size, but didn't rip go off for over 30 both games against Orlando when Billups didn't play?

I definitly think RIP is a gamer and when the season was on the line in that spot, he's gonna put up numbers, but his buddy being hurt for a couple games and his buddy being on another team all year are different scenarios. Plus it was Orlando. I'm not as concerned with beating Orlando as I am with beating teams like Boston and LA.

To me Joe is trying to like a fight and by making the players think they could be traded, he's hoping to push them to play up to their potential next season, and also if a Gasol type deal comes at him, then he's gotta pull the trigger. But I don't think you'll see him swap a Rip, Chancey or Tay deal that just replaces them with the same player with a different name, Joe is smart enough to know that won't accomplish anything.

If you really think Flip was to blame for not motivation his team, then Curry needs to have a chance with the same lineup or you're setting him up to fail. If they added a bad personality type like Anthony, they would just set Curry up to have issues next season.

Some of the Rasheed proposals on the big trade board. Some very bad, some not so bad.

When are you posting the not so bad ones?

out of those options, i'd take the Charlotte for #9 and fillers,

ESPN has number #9 being either Lopex(the good one) or Kevin Love, either of whom would help the pistons, and #29 being Chris Douglas Roberts in one mock. A combination of 2 of those 3 would do wonders to replace SHeed

I definitly think RIP is a gamer and when the season was on the line in that spot, he's gonna put up numbers, but his buddy being hurt for a couple games and his buddy being on another team all year are different scenarios. Plus it was Orlando. I'm not as concerned with beating Orlando as I am with beating teams like Boston and LA.

To me Joe is trying to like a fight and by making the players think they could be traded, he's hoping to push them to play up to their potential next season, and also if a Gasol type deal comes at him, then he's gotta pull the trigger. But I don't think you'll see him swap a Rip, Chancey or Tay deal that just replaces them with the same player with a different name, Joe is smart enough to know that won't accomplish anything.

If you really think Flip was to blame for not motivation his team, then Curry needs to have a chance with the same lineup or you're setting him up to fail. If they added a bad personality type like Anthony, they would just set Curry up to have issues next season.

The thing is, the trades I have proposed aren't just to get rid of people. I don't have that big of a problem starting next year with this same team. I propose them because I think it actually makes them a better team.

There is no way Tayshaun and Chauncey for Carmelo and whoever makes the pistons a better team, Anthony is a me first player and Denver's playoff record has shown it.

There is no way Tayshaun and Chauncey for Carmelo and whoever makes the pistons a better team, Anthony is a me first player and Denver's playoff record has shown it.

Putting a teams playoff success/failure on one person is silly.

Tell that to Flip Saunders

Even I don't blame Flip for everything that happened here. But since you brought it up, a coach has much more influence over a teams success then one player. His style, he demeanor, how he handles the players, etc.

if you replace Billups, be prepared to see reduced production from RIP as well. Their on court chemisty is what has made them both advance to the levels they are at. I think our expectations for Tayshaun are too high, thus he isn't living up to them. I think the only guy in our starting rotation that could/will be moved is Sheed, and I don't think we'll be better because of it, we'll be different.

Rip did fine in Washington without Billups. His shooting percentage improved in Flip's offense though. But here's the thing, Billups is the leader of a team that Dumars said disgusted him. I just don't see how they bring him back. . .unless he brought in a superstar that was strong enough to become the leader of the team's personality.

I don't think it's as much as people would think, a player like Anthony's attitude and how he handles himself could erase everything this team has become.

I don't think it's as much as people would think, a player like Anthony's attitude and how he handles himself could erase everything this team has become.

If this is true, then the team didn't become much.

What exactly has this team become?

It's time to drop the notion that this team is the "Let's Go To Work" of years past. I think it's been pretty evident that identity went bye bye 2 or 3 years ago.

Rip did fine in Washington without Billups. His shooting percentage improved in Flip's offense though. But here's the thing, Billups is the leader of a team that Dumars said disgusted him. I just don't see how they bring him back. . .unless he brought in a superstar that was strong enough to become the leader of the team's personality.

I'm glad that Joe's vision is greater than where this team has been, but to be disgusted by them as a whole is stupid, to be disgusted of losing a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter is 100% understandable. But there are 26 teams that would love to be as disgusting as the Pistons

But there are 26 teams that would love to be as disgusting as the Pistons

I used to buy into this ideology. No more. This attitude is exactly the same attitude some of these players have. And Joe wants championships. He doesn't accept the "hey, at least we aren't the 26 other teams" mind set. And he shouldn't. And I'm glad he doesn't.

What exactly has this team become?

so 7 seasons in a row of at least easter conference finals is nothing? 6 times winning their division and the time they finished 2nd they won the title? The pistons are the team that has played the best team basketball and been the most consistent team in this decade in the nba. They blow a 10 point lead to the team that finished with the best record and everyone forgets the entire decade?

I used to buy into this ideology. No more. This attitude is exactly the same attitude some of these players have. And Joe wants championships. He doesn't accept the "hey, at least we aren't the 26 other teams" mind set. And he shouldn't. And I'm glad he doesn't.

I'm not saying he should either, but at the same time everyone acts as if this team is terrible and hasn't done anything. It's Joe's job to make them better and I have confidence he will. But at the same time you can't act like this team is terrible

I'm glad that Joe's vision is greater than where this team has been, but to be disgusted by them as a whole is stupid, to be disgusted of losing a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter is 100% understandable. But there are 26 teams that would love to be as disgusting as the Pistons

He was disgusted by their play in the ECF. Disgusted to come home 1-1 and promptly lose game 3 and then to blow a 10 point lead at home in an elimination game.

I'm not saying he should either, but at the same time everyone acts as if this team is terrible and hasn't done anything. It's Joe's job to make them better and I have confidence he will. But at the same time you can't act like this team is terrible

I've never said this team is terrible. I'm not sure anyone here has. The closest I've seen is Del saying they aren't very good.

They should be better though. And just because some fans are satisfied with what they have done over the last 6 years, doesn't mean other fans can't want more. And this team can improve.

Shaq isn't even worth Johnson and #29 anymore

nobody left at #9 will be able to push Pistons forward next year. Detroit is looking to win now rather than later

Donnie Walsh is not retarted. If you missed it, Isiah is no longer GM.

Rasheed/Billups to Utah for Boozer/Hart/Harpring

So what is Utah going to do with Deron Williams(who i remind you is much better than Billups)

Prince to Utah for Kirlenko

They are very similar in talent so why trade a SF for a SF when they bring the same skill set and you have the better person on your team.

Rasheed/Prince/#29 to Utah for Boozer/Kirlenko

Utah wouldn't do that in a million years.

I don't think the team is terrible. . .but I would have been really disappointed if Dumars fired another coach and kept the core together for another year. Something is fundamentally missing from this team. Ben used to set the standard of intensity on the court and it hasn't been replaced.

Anthony is a winner. He took a bad franchise and has led them to the play-offs every year in the league. He has won a NCAA championship as a freshman(pretty much single handedly), and has hit many clutch shots towards the end of games. Detroit lacks a player who can score at will, and he would be a huge boost to this team. He would also be a great fit to play amongst Rip and Dice.

snitty franchise

How did this one slip?

Anyways, I'm on the fence about Carmelo. I think he would be great with Billups. But I also think there is no way the Pistons will be able to get him.

That Sheed/Prince/#29 for Boozer/Kirilenko trade sounds pretty good to me. Boozer is EXACTLY the type of player that the Pistons need.

How did this one slip?

My bad on that one. I do agree with you though that ANthony is a great fit with certain players on this team. The only problem is Denver is going to comand a lot in return.